ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks to Indiana?

I just posted this on another thread:

As for Brooks, if he ever hopes to play in the NBA, he needs to go somewhere that will run a lot of their stuff through him. Like what ended up happening for Juzang. Not saying he's Juzang or that a place like UCLA is where he should go but it's Brooks best shot. I prefer he stay, but he has to be thinking this.

Reactions: struggler

As for Brooks, if he ever hopes to play in the NBA, he needs to go somewhere that will run a lot of their stuff through him. Like what ended up happening for Juzang. Not saying he's Juzang or that a place like UCLA is where he should go but it's Brooks best shot. I prefer he stay, but he has to be thinking this.
I agree but he won't get that at IU next year either with Trace Jackson-Davis returning. Not even sure that Keion would start at IU next year unless they want to play him at the 3 or Jackson-Davis at the 5.

I agree but he won't get that at IU next year either with Trace Jackson-Davis returning. Not even sure that Keion would start at IU next year unless they want to play him at the 3 or Jackson-Davis at the 5.
He will start just to throw it in UK's face.

• Haha
Reactions: BigTyrone
Until it actually happens, I'll just continue to assume it's the same usual "IU IS BACK! WE'RE GETTING EVERYBODY!" stage of the new coach at IU cycle.

Edit - The best part is the usual miserable fans on here taking this as 100% fact without a single sign of proof. Typical.

Last edited:

I don't see any good team running their stuff through Brooks, but I also disagree that he needs that to get to the NBA. But with the transfer portal it's going to be musical chairs and I think these situations are where we miss a guy like Payne who used to play the good cop.

Interesting. And on the day after a photo of Oscar, Toppin and Jackson circulates of them hanging in Lexington.

I liked Keion. He stuck it out for two years. But he was not a scorer and that's what Kentucky needs. Already at the 4-5 I had him behind Oscar, Collins, and Toppin, and certainly behind Jackson if he returns.

Everybody always wants a roster of 20 capable players but also a tight rotation when it counts....Even if Kentucky adds no one else, Keion wasn't going to be in the rotation for the 4-5 barring an injury, and he can't score enough to play the 3...

Interesting. And on the day after a photo of Oscar, Toppin and Jackson circulates of them hanging in Lexington.

I liked Keion. He stuck it out for two years. But he was not a scorer and that's what Kentucky needs. Already at the 4-5 I had him behind Oscar, Collins, and Toppin, and certainly behind Jackson if he returns.
I feel like Toppin gives you more upside than Brooks. What does Brooks do better? Toppin a better shooter finisher and a better defender. He’s 2 inches taller and has a better vertical.

Like Brooks - prefer he return and continue to work. HOWEVER - if he did this it would sadly vilify him. I get if he feels the need to move to a spot seen as better for him (I still think UK would be best to continue to work and develop), but to pick IU would be bad.

Fact is, if coming back to school to keep developing - how is IU proven to be the spot with a brand new coach? Only answer to me would be promised PT.

If you freak out over things that are unconfirmed that you’ve read on the internet it probably happens a lot. Maybe you just like the act of freaking out.

Reactions: jace2012
I posted a week ago that a person I know in North Carolina was saying Kessler was headed to Kentucky. I commented that I did not know if this was factual but did know this is what was being suggested. Then, I got some responses from people without reading comprehension telling me it wasn't true (as I said I didn't conclude it was factual). Now, this week KSR or someone posted that Kessler is strongly looking at Kentucky. I responded that I heard he was waiting to see if Brooks was going to return or not. All of this is being shared because it would be a tremendous trade-up if this works out now. I sure hope so.

His hands were terrible last year and he seemed lost at times. Good luck if he decides to leave, maybe we get rid of everyone and start over.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Just be patient, he probably hasn't seen Bloomington yet. I mean, why would he have. It's not on the way to anything and once you get there? I mean, even a place like Catlettsburg is on the way to somewhere.

I posted a week ago that a person I know in North Carolina was saying Kessler was headed to Kentucky. I commented that I did not know if this was factual but did know this is what was being suggested. Then, I got some responses from people without reading comprehension telling me it wasn't true (as I said I didn't conclude it was factual). Now, this week KSR or someone posted that Kessler is strongly looking at Kentucky. I responded that I heard he was waiting to see if Brooks was going to return or not. All of this is being shared because it would be a tremendous trade-up if this works out now. I sure hope so.
No offense but sounds like a lot of nonsense of you trying to put pieces together. Guess we will see.

Everybody always wants a roster of 20 capable players but also a tight rotation when it counts....Even if Kentucky adds no one else, Keion wasn't going to be in the rotation for the 4-5 barring an injury, and he can't score enough to play the 3...

I feel like Toppin gives you more upside than Brooks. What does Brooks do better? Toppin a better shooter finisher and a better defender. He’s 2 inches taller and has a better vertical.

And, we still would rather see Allen at the 3.

Had we not gotten transfers like Grady and Oscar, some of these guys likely come back. Askew and Brooks, unfortunately, were looking like they wouldn't crack the 8 man rotation.

You can't put 4 and 5-stars that far down the bench and expect them to stay. We got 2, maybe 3 transfers, we have some guys coming back..

I disagree. Brooks is one of those guys that has to realize that he isn't Lebron. If he wants to play at the next level then he needs to be a role player. The NBA won't be fooled by someone scoring a lot of points only because the offense is built around. The NBA teams know good and well they won't be funneling their offense through him so why scout a player based on what he won't be doing. This really is the best place for him whether he knows it or not.

Moronic thread. We going to start quoting what we read on the Service Station bathroom walls next? Then you invite the other idiots out there to come out of the woodwork with their far reaching theories? Geez go watch the Price is Right or The View.

Just heard on WKRD that word is Brooks is entering the transfer portal. Likely destination IU. The hits just keep on coming.
It seems like all of this is garbage. It was posted by some no-name Twitter personality. There’s been no respected basketball gurus predict this.

🙄

Well Trace Jackson Davis is staying at IU...arent they really good friends and wasn’t it rumored KB was going to IU with TJD when he committed to IU....wonder if he’s trying to get KB back to IU.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
I disagree. Brooks is one of those guys that has to realize that he isn't Lebron. If he wants to play at the next level then he needs to be a role player. The NBA won't be fooled by someone scoring a lot of points only because the offense is built around. The NBA teams know good and well they won't be funneling their offense through him so why scout a player based on what he won't be doing. This really is the best place for him whether he knows it or not.

Brooks needs to play to show the NBA something, anything. He's going to be stuck on the bench if he stays here.

Lebron, really!?

Also you heard we have a slim shot at Hardy? If KB rumor holds true then your hardy rumor BETTER hold true BWO or else......🤬
By the way, I’m not saying I was correct or my info was positive; I’m saying, I’m also waiting to see if my info was correct. But yeah, if it was, would make me feel little better about him also telling me we still have a shot at Hardy. If it’s not and KB’s stays, I’m ok with that; and I’ll take the tar and feathers.

Would I like to keep Brooks? Yes because he is a veteran of Cal's system and is serviceable. Not a superstar by any stretch of the image but more of a role player.

UK is missing the 'star'... the legit top talent and surround him with complementary players. Brooks is a complementary player.

These sports journalists are all over the portal every minute of the day. If Brooks is in there, Goodman or one of his peers will post it right away, right?

Reactions: cmarion77

Nailed it.

ADVERTISEMENT