ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny still hanging around…

U know I kinda feel for Bronny.

Yes the name got him drafted. But he's always going to be living in the shadow of his dad. Especially getting drafted by the team his dad is currently playing on lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Yes the name got him drafted. But he's always going to be living in the shadow of his dad. Especially getting drafted by the team his dad is currently playing on lol.
Don't.
This kid could take a billion dollars from his daddy's bank account and live any dream life he can imagine.

Instead, he and his billionaire dad are more worried about their personal legacy than life itself.

How many other kids have that kind of privilege??

And you feel sorry for him??? Lol.

If I were his Dad, I would be more concerned about my son's health and well being rather than about being some kind of "first" that will have the culture freaking out......over nothing in the big scheme of this thing called life.

Would've taken him over half the projects that were drafted.

Heard Nick Wright on his show "first things first", bring up a wild but interesting stat, something about colleges over performing draft position...kentucky lead the way 20 something percent essentially outperformed their draft spot, mentioned a few others, then said sons of former players historically outperformed their stock by 30%...something like that.

So really, the Bronny hate has no real validity. There are actually numbers supporting some draft nepotism.

Reed happens to be both, so I guess he's really got some wind at his sails and could quite possibly be a steal at #3. Plus, he's a Cal guard, which is another advantageous trait/statistic in the modern game as they all tend to skyrocket in the league.

Would've taken him over half the projects that were drafted.

Heard Nick Wright on his show "first things first", bring up a wild but interesting stat, something about colleges over performing draft position...kentucky lead the way 20 something percent essentially outperformed their draft spot, mentioned a few others, then said sons of former players historically outperformed their stock by 30%...something like that.

So really, the Bronny hate has no real validity. There are actually numbers supporting some draft nepotism.

Reed happens to be both, so I guess he's really got some wind at his sails and could quite possibly be a steal at #3. Plus, he's a Cal guard, which is another advantageous trait/statistic in the modern game as they all tend to skyrocket in the league.

This guy wasn't close to a draft pick.

And the issue is he's gonna play over more deserving Lakers players. Sound familiar?

I'll take that kind of scrutiny to be in a position someday to earn the $1.2 billion my dad is worth.

Poor kid. How does he sleep at night with all that pressure?

This guy wasn't close to a draft pick.

And the issue is he's gonna play over more deserving Lakers players. Sound familiar?

I don't think Bronny is going to play much more than spot minutes here and there. He's a developmental pick which is a lot better at 55 than top 5. I don't disagree that he's probably a free agent at best, but he isn't the only guy to ever be drafted that wasn't really a draft pick compared to a lot of peers.

I mean NBA historically doesn't really value picks in terms of near/immediate future. How many projects from eastern Europe or Sub-Saharan Africa have been picked way earlier, didn't amount to much, or never even made it over because they were stashed? At least we can say his name, know where he's from, and he played for a brand name P5 program.

Life is familial, nepotistic, and proximal. People gravitate towards what they grew up around and what their family did.

Every industry is full of and built by Ma, Pa, sons, daughters, nieces, nephews. From law offices of Morgan and Morgan to Smith and Sons plumbing. How to think the other Morgan, and Sons got into those fields and landed the gigs? Sports are no exception. A lot of teams are family run in some regard. A lot of coaching staffs have guys whose fathers who were coaches.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
This is one of the few things about LeBron that doesn’t bother me at all. You’re super rich and powerful. Of course you should hire your own son and use him as much as you want and cast a stern eye on anyone who looks at him sideways. I’d do the same.

Just maybe don’t be such a racist entitled crybaby douchebag prick about everything else.

Reactions: awf
I’m a Lakers fan. LeBron isn’t a Top 10 player anymore and may play 2-3 more years tops. Not worth wasting a first round pick on someone who couldn’t average 5 points for a non-NCAA tournament team.
This Bronny think is a joke, no other player in history would even get signed with numbers like his, yet he will get drafted by the Lakers late just to appease King James and his ego.

This Bronny think is a joke, no other player in history would even get signed with numbers like his, yet he will get drafted by the Lakers late just to appease King James and his ego.

Didn't Daniel Orton avg like 3 points when he was here and he got drafted. Heck he even went 1st round lol.

They draft based on potential, not college numbers anyways.

Didn't Daniel Orton avg like 3 points when he was here and he got drafted. Heck he even went 1st round lol.

True, but Orton was an athletic 6’10 center who was stuck behind DeMarcus Cousins. He didn’t have as many chances as Bronny to make an impact in the scoring column. Flashed potential as a shot blocker/rim runner. Those types usually are drafted on potential.

Contrast with Bronny—he’s a 6-2 shooting guard. Which is fine when you have the scoring ability of a Ben Gordon, Tony Delk or David Wesley. But he’s not a scorer. And how many 6’2 shooting guards have been “lockdown defenders” in the NBA as one ESPN analyst called him? I guess he’ll get a chance to lock down backup point guards.

Last edited:
The reality is that other players the Lakers would be considering at 55 likely go undrafted and they can still sign them as free agents (we are talking maybe 1 or 2 guys).

Drafting him was for nostalgia. Had they not drafted him, they sign him as a free agent. They wanted his name called - that’s it.

NBD.

Daniel did a lot of other things on the court, great defense, hell of a shot blocker, have you looked at the film on Bronny, I did not see any potential in those games that would make anyone waste a 2nd round pick on him if his dad was not Lebron James.

Yes, what a joke. I can't believe this is the first time there has been an instance of nepotism in professional sports. I am outraged.

Reactions: king of cali
Daniel did a lot of other things on the court, great defense, hell of a shot blocker, have you looked at the film on Bronny, I did not see any potential in those games that would make anyone waste a 2nd round pick on him if his dad was not Lebron James.

I’ll admit I don’t know much about him. But he was highly rated out of high school and wasn’t he battling a serious heart condition last season.

I have no doubt he got drafted mostly on name but who knows maybe he turns into a useful player for them

Orton has the knees of a 60 year old and lead the ncaa in goaltending. He was below average compared to his hs ranking

Shouldn't that second round pick and the money that goes with it go to a more deserving, less wealthy player than Bronnie????

He doesn't need the money and he certainly is not the best player available.

What happened to Lebron and his stand on social justice????

The LeBrons and Cals (and their families) of this world are the poster boys of privilege who cry the loudest about social injustice in America, IMO.
You can hate on Lebron for his later-year antics in the NBA, but he does give back to the Ohio community really well. He certainly helps kids out. I have been a huge fan of his philanthropy and what that means for the community he is from.

You can hate on Lebron for his later-year antics in the NBA, but he does give back to the Ohio community really well. He certainly helps kids out. I have been a huge fan of his philanthropy and what that means for the community he is from.
I don't hate Lebron.
I do hate hypocrisy.
And unearned privilege.

The reality is that other players the Lakers would be considering at 55 likely go undrafted and they can still sign them as free agents (we are talking maybe 1 or 2 guys).

Drafting him was for nostalgia. Had they not drafted him, they sign him as a free agent. They wanted his name called - that’s it.

NBD.

To me the is a fairly big indicator of issues upcoming and could be a pretty big deal in ways. The NBA has an image issue, it’s slowly turning into something that resembles theater and acting vs. real legitimate sporting competition. I’m not sure to what degree the NBA is actually real at this point. There are many who are believing we’re at the point where it’s going to be played out by script eventually. Many of the players already show they don’t care about the league, even Lebron says it’s just a game. Now you’ve got the most storied franchise in the league drafting and making moves based on notions other that winning. And since they’re terrible and headed nowhere, it’s alarming that this is what they’re doing to build a winning product. The lakers just drafted a guy who isn’t even that good of a college player without screaming measurable because of a story. I’d say people are right to be concerned.

Also we are coming to the point where it can clearly be seen that if the players have too much control it’s bad for the entire league and the future. Players have never had more control than they do in sports right now and we’re seeing the system begin to erode.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT