ADVERTISEMENT

Brock V

Go watch the clip of the amazing game winning play by byu and you will see the difference in pocket presence. Qb stayed in the pocket, climbed a tad, and didn't panic, delivered a strike.

Bvg never climbs. Instead he bails and causes sacks. Levis did the exact same thing. Leary was good in the pocket.

I have no idea how we got two guys so similar in their lack of pocket presence. The crazy part to me is brock started the season with much better pocket presence than he now has. He has majorly regressed and coaching is directly to blame.

Reactions: gamecockcat
I tend to agree with this. While Brock has his weaknesses, I believe he would be more than servicable if he didn't have to overcome all of the other problems with our offense.
He wasn’t the reason we lost last week. He delivered two excellent big play passes to Key who ended up getting the penalty and fumble to negate them. His pass to Barion Brown against Ole Miss was perfect as well. The kind of breadbasket catch we haven’t seen in a long time. BV just needs experience. His supporting cast is his problem. He’s “indecisive” because he lacks the time to be decisive. Yeah he’s not perfect and has things to learn and work on through game experience. We more than likely have him for another year, unless he transfers again, but I have to believe he’ll only get better, as long as we can provide him a better supporting cast. Oline recruiting needs to pick up fast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT