ADVERTISEMENT

Brock V

hamidousvertical

Sophomore
May 26, 2017
Danville
Is another used to be 5 star prospect that peaked in high school. This is the downside of the portal. Obviously Georgia didn’t mind losing a recruiting win. Wonder why?

He is stiff throwing the ball. He makes terrible reads. He isn’t an SEC QB no matter his star rating or what school he came from. Our WR’s know it. Our fans can see it. Our coaches keep trying to not see it.

Yes he is tough and will not slide and will take a hit. That’s about the best thing I can say for our newest “he was a 5 star recruit years ago but hasn’t played a down since then” NIL QB win.

Now let’s talk punters I guess…

Reactions: Justwantadecentteam
He didnt fumble like D Key , he didnt commit a brainless drive killer penalty in Q1 like D Key . He didnt have 2 bad snaps .. in 1 half . Whole ton of stuff wrong , not just BV ... hell Joe Montana could suck in our offense

Last edited:
He didnt fumble like D Key , he didnt commit a brainless drive killer penalty in Q1 like D Key . He didnt have 2 bad snaps .. in 1 half . Whole ton of stuff wrong , not just BV ... hell Joe Montana could suck in our offense
I tend to agree with this. While Brock has his weaknesses, I believe he would be more than servicable if he didn't have to overcome all of the other problems with our offense.

If these are the best 2 tackles we can start, I’d hate to see the backups then if they can’t sniff a snap or 2 when these guys can’t block anyone for more than .2 seconds…….or get a penalty.

He's essentially a true freshman, has boneheads as his two 2 receivers and an offensive line that can't pick up simple blitzes. Not to mention a coach that hasn't grasped clock management in 11 years as a head coach. I'm not ready to throw the "bust" label on him yet.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
All he has to be is a game manager and for rhe most part that’s what he’s done. He hasn’t been the reason we’ve lost a single game yet. There are a million other things that have directly contributed to our downfall. Look at all the stupid stuff we do.

He's essentially a true freshman, has boneheads as his two 2 receivers and an offensive line that can't pick up simple blitzes. Not to mention a coach that hasn't grasped clock management in 11 years as a head coach. I'm not ready to throw the "bust" label on him yet.
I am not going to call him a bust, either, and he's actually been OK for the most part, but a 4th year player, even one with limited snaps is NOT essentially a true freshman.

^Bad wording on my part. But other than scrub duty, he had virtually zero in-game experience coming into the season.

Taking a few snaps at the end of 60-0 wins and practicing against 2nd-stringers doesn't really prepare you for being thrown into the fire at a new school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT