ADVERTISEMENT

Brock at QB ??

Does anyone know how is looking, so far, this Spring ?? Maybe I’ve missed it, but it seems like little has been reported.
giphy.gif

People who are ignorant of this sport and other SEC coaches have no idea the amount of extensive media access Stoops gives.

Each coordinator meets the press once a week all Spring & Fall camp. Most every other program the head coaches never give press availability to assistants - all yr long. It's from the Saban influence, he demanded his program "speak with one voice" - his. Natl media get excited for CFB playoff coverage because contractually schools have to make coordinators available.

People who are ignorant of this sport and other SEC coaches have no idea the amount of extensive media access Stoops gives.

Each coordinator meets the press once a week all Spring & Fall camp. Most every other program the head coaches never give press availability to assistants - all yr long. It's from the Saban influence, he demanded his program "speak with one voice" - his. Natl media get excited for CFB playoff coverage because contractually schools have to make coordinators available.
Saban did start this. I used to get off work, go to the fields and watch spring practice. Something got out once with Saban at a practice and he locked the doors and never reopened them. Every other program followed his lead. I really don’t understand it?? Practice is not national security. Coordinator availability is worthless. They ain’t telling you anything. I go to spring fan day every year. You gotta see it with your own eyes. I posted last year we looked unorganized , slow and Leary looked not so great. I was destroyed by the coachspeak gobblers. Deone can’t be blocked and all that mess. We won 7 games. Don’t drink the kook aid and go look for yourself. It don’t take a genius to recognize a good team.

The spring talk about Brock is positive it vanilla. The DBs claim he can put balls in places you don’t suspect, so you have to give 100% to the whistle or he will burn you. But, that kind of praise is typical for a team that does not like to be critical of its players. He seems to be a good teammate and there’s no secret that he is the starter. In a scrimmage-like atmosphere this past weekend, the offense apparently moved the ball fairly well. Not sure there is much more than that, right now.

Oh, and Stoops said he would let the media see 7s this weekend, I believe. I think he regretted not getting that out of the way this past weekend.

Reactions: mattrudd
Stoops locks down practices like Alcatraz. He’s scared something will get out??? Mark, everyone knows we rush 3, drop 8 on third down. Everyone.
Actually, it is smart to close the practices. And it's a little more complicated than the tendencies you think you understand. We have a new OC, and advertising his offense at open practices would be pretty negligent.

Does anyone know how is looking, so far, this Spring ?? Maybe I’ve missed it, but it seems like little has been reported.
My understanding from coaches' public comments is that Coach Hamdan has installed a no-huddle scheme and Vandagriff is handing it well. Vandagriff is a large QB with a high football IQ and excellent arm talent. But football is a team sport and a lot will depend on performances of our OL and WRs. To that point, we have new position coaches in the OL and WR rooms. So gaining familiarity is a big goal of the spring.

They are intentionally keeping quiet on his progress due to how they got burned hyping Leary up last year. It's a new install, so they are drinking from a firehose and no one wants to add to the pressure. You will hear more about the other position groups and then in August they will start pumping him up.

Hamdan described BV as smart and mature. Said he has the size to be really good in this league. Wants him to take things slow and look for consistency. He also likes the progress of the running back room. Called CT a 'pro.' But also pointed out that there is no clear cut RB right now. Said that CT, Demi and JP are the three top ones right now.

The spring talk about Brock is positive it vanilla. The DBs claim he can put balls in places you don’t suspect, so you have to give 100% to the whistle or he will burn you. But, that kind of praise is typical for a team that does not like to be critical of its players. He seems to be a good teammate and there’s no secret that he is the starter. In a scrimmage-like atmosphere this past weekend, the offense apparently moved the ball fairly well. Not sure there is much more than that, right now.

BV is a good guy, I didn't see him play much more than you did in college but saw him in HS. Hard to judge anything there, he was always the best player on the field, and lots of times the biggest. It was just not a competitive division, his best WR was 5'4" 140lb. But BV did exactly what he was suppose to do, dominate, when he stayed in pocket and threw it, he beat teams, and if he decided to pull it down and take off he picked up big chucks of yards. His personality is a quite guy, doesn't say much. I think he will do very well

There are a bunch of clips on YouTube showing interviews with coaches and many key players (including BV) about spring practice and especially the new offensive wrinkles. BV seems to want the tempo to increase even more. All good from what I have streamed so far.

GBB!

There are a bunch of clips on YouTube showing interviews with coaches and many key players (including BV) about spring practice and especially the new offensive wrinkles. BV seems to want the tempo to increase even more. All good from what I have streamed so far.

GBB!
Thank you.

Stoops locks down practices like Alcatraz. He’s scared something will get out??? Mark, everyone knows we rush 3, drop 8 on third down. Everyone.
We will blitz but it will be up the middle like a Junior high school

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Brock and said that he was overrated and that the back up was phenomenal. But, of course, Stoops runs everything on offense with an iron fist and won't let anyone else play. We have the world's hardest schedule next yr and we'll be likely to win 2 games.

-signed far too many UK fans

Saban did start this. I used to get off work, go to the fields and watch spring practice. Something got out once with Saban at a practice and he locked the doors and never reopened them. Every other program followed his lead. I really don’t understand it?? Practice is not national security. Coordinator availability is worthless. They ain’t telling you anything. I go to spring fan day every year. You gotta see it with your own eyes. I posted last year we looked unorganized , slow and Leary looked not so great. I was destroyed by the coachspeak gobblers. Deone can’t be blocked and all that mess. We won 7 games. Don’t drink the kook aid and go look for yourself. It don’t take a genius to recognize a good team
When you are coach of the University of Kentucky football team, you can open Spring practice(s) as much as you want. Until then, enjoy what information the coaches share and be positive for the support of the kids.

Reactions: lsb34m3
When you are coach of the University of Kentucky football team, you can open Spring practice(s) as much as you want. Until then, enjoy what information the coaches share and be positive for the support of the kids.
Thanks lord overseer. I love how people who never ever go or do anything tell others what to go and do. I enjoyed going. Isn’t that what being a fan is?? It doesn’t have to be this way UL had 4 open days for fans to stop by. It was Saban. Everyone in the SEC hugged his nuts on everything he did. That may be fine with Bama to shut the fans out because they bring home titles. Kentucky could use a ton more fan support but your not getting it like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT