ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News Cal is Gone!!!

You will regret making that comment.

How so? He has to leave sometime. It is not going well. It was not going to get better. He isn't going to change his spot at Arkansas.

We get to start over with a younger, hungry coach that can rally this divided fan base. I don't see the negative here.

How so? He has to leave sometime. It is not going well. It was not going to get better. He isn't going to change his spot at Arkansas.

We get to start over with a younger, hungry coach that can rally this divided fan base. I don't see the negative here.

He's a troll don't give him any engagement. I already made that mistake.

Reactions: specialkd24
Jeez Cal you looked down on Kentucky and it is the furthest north Southern state, you’re going to ARKANSAS? 😂Enjoy the Deep South man.
Don’t know much about geography or culture. Fayetteville is the Midwest just a few miles from Oklahoma, Kansas, an Missouri. Tulsa’s an hour. KC not even four. The state as a whole may be geographically south of Kentucky but that is it.

91ea194357153b5a0349b673b7c7cee1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
How come I'm not sad? I've been alittle depressed and feeling down this week with some issues but this perked me right up. I know the road might be bumpy but wasn't it already?

Reactions: Fox2monk
it saved Mitch his horrid contract. Somebody in the basketball circle better make sure he doesn't screw this up again. One thing is for sure, we won’t have a damn roster and that’s gonna suck because they will all dip out.
I'm not going to get to excited yet. We saw how quickly things can fall apart on these hires. Look at what happened with Stoops. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed until it's finalized. I wish we had Mike Pratt to help with the hire again. We don't need Mitch to screw this up with another cocktail napkin deal.

I'm not going to get to excited yet. We saw how quickly things can fall apart on these hires. Look at what happened with Stoops. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed until it's finalized. I wish we had Mike Pratt to help with the hire again. We don't need Mitch to screw this up with another cocktail napkin deal.
I know! That is my main hesitation about this ordeal.

Reactions: KyCatFan

So Mitch was prepared right? Hopefully
That's what I'm worried about. I thought a school had to have permission to talk to a coach about employment from the current school before they could talk about the potential of hiring him. Sounds like Mitch either didn't know or Cal hasn't officially brought it up to Mitch. If true, then Cal is a jack__s, sneaky and slimy for trying to negotiate without using the proper communication channels. I just hope Mitch was prepared and I hope that Cal will continue to fail and piss off the Arkansas fans like he did here. Everyone knows how Cal has destroyed every program he coached at before he left. I'm surprised Arkansas is that stupid to think he won't do the same to them. I'm definitely glad he's leaving, but I'm extremely pissed that he's staying in our conference. I won't care about the other games (yes I will, though😄) but we better damn well win the Arkansas games from now on.

Just curious, who do you think (of the recruiting class coming in) will go with him? And IF Reed had made a decision, how do you think this will affect his decision, whatever it is? I'm really interested in what all of you think. There may be another thread with this info, and if so, I apologize. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
I'm not going to get really excited until I see him cross the state line going south!!🚦 When that happens, I will go from this⛈, to this🌞!!!

I’m excited and worried at the same time. Please hire the right coach!
I just want a coach who IS ABOUT UK. Give fans a reason to fawn over this program again. Even if the teams suck for awhile, the end results wouldn't be any different than they were under Cal. I don't give a crap about recruiting class rankings.

Reactions: susan2361
Cal not having a true agent makes this even more of a jerk move. It means he knew everything going on and purposely left Mitch and UK out!

With 6 mil in NIL I think Cal will try to buy him at least 1 more championship.

He'll go somewhere and work 10x harder than he did over the last few years here. He needs to prove the doubters wrong and I think he will succeed initially. We just have to focus on our future and not worry about what's happening in Arkansas.
If he works any hareder at arkansas than he did at uk, then he absolutely had no bussiness being here and it's a confirmation that his departure was way overdue.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT