ADVERTISEMENT

Braylon Mullins

At the end of the day, I am happy with getting Johnson. He’s a legacy. He’s a 5-star. I can live with it, even though I felt like Mullins was probably a better fit for Pope’s system.

At this point in time, before either player is finished with HS, it’s really hard to tell.

And players sometimes play better than we think they will. There was quite a bit of criticism thrown at Dillingham when he signed with us and he turned out fine. You just never know how it will work out.

Let’s just hope it works out for the best for UK and Johnson.

Now add that many other guys Kentucky is recruiting don't really like how Jasper plays. That also should factor in. I'm not asking people to agree with me, and I hope this staff gets a version of Johnson that makes the investment worthwhile. There are several angles to discuss when taking a commitment and Pope felt this was the way to go. How it ends up will play on the court and hope it's a home run.

Best thing about it is the player gets to prove everyone right/wrong depending on their take of his talent.
In a vacuum, I would rather have Mullins personally. But Johnson is a great player, with possibly a higher ceiling. It is a shame if we don’t get both, but we have no idea, if we even stood a chance with Mullins. To their credit, Indiana has been on him forever. It is likely the staff got wind that he was less interested in Kentucky than people thought and forced them to go all in on Johnson. Still would love to have him, but he is more of a luxury than a need now that we have Jasper.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Now add that many other guys Kentucky is recruiting don't really like how Jasper plays. That also should factor in. I'm not asking people to agree with me, and I hope this staff gets a version of Johnson that makes the investment worthwhile. There are several angles to discuss when taking a commitment and Pope felt this was the way to go. How it ends up will play on the court and hope it's a home run.

Best thing about it is the player gets to prove everyone right/wrong depending on their take of his talent.
Jasper has the “ Caleb love “ gene that scares me. It’s why I preferred Mullins to begin with. I’m happy Johnson is here, and he deserves a chance to prove everyone wrong. I would be interested to see how Lewis and Johnson would fit together.

I’d take Johnson over Mullins all day. There’s a reason he’s ranked higher. And I’m sure plenty of players want to play with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT