ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Garrison commits to Kentucky

Yeahyeah.jpg

The thing was , we didn’t get a BOOM so it’s not our fault for being wrong. It’s Coach Fueger’s lol. Jk

About Osobor you convince him to come and let him know he’ll play. If it makes Garrison Decommit then so be it

Garrison is a take, but I really hope he is our bench big and starts as a Junior. A bit worried about Osobor now. This has no bearing on Brea whatsoever. Would be crazy to see a commit from him today or tomorrow. Those too early Top 25 lists would need updating. Pope is exceeding my expectations so far, let’s see if he sticks the landing on this roster rebuild. Still not heaping Year 1 expectations on him, but he’s putting together a tournament team. Add Osobor and Brea to what’s here, and fill in with a couple reserve types from low majors who really want to be at UK, and Pope is hitting the ground sprinting.

I wonder how this affects Javon Small? May have no impact, but I thought I'd just throw that out there.

What's the skinny on this dude? I can't keep up with all of these transfers.
From the Okie State website:

2023-24 (Freshman):
Freshman center went straight into the fire, appearing in all 32 games and starting each of the last 29 against a gauntlet of a veteran big men in the nation’s toughest conference… Averaged 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds in 22.7 minutes… Ranked among the Big 12 leaders in blocks per game (5th, 1.47)… 47 total blocks were the fifth-most ever by an OSU freshman… 58.9% field goal percentage (91-of-159) was also fourth-best all-time among OSU rookies with at least 80 makes… Dunked a team-high 22 times… Ramped up his productivity during conference play, averaging 9.9 points and a team-high 5.1 rebounds in 25.8 minutes… Per KenPom, posted the league’s highest free throw rate during conference play at 71.6 (68 FTA, 95 FGA)… One of just six Big 12 freshmen (along with Eric Dailey Jr.) who were on the floor for more than half of their team’s overall minutes (56.1%)… Registered all three of his 20-point games against Big 12 competition – two of them versus nationally-ranked opponents… Scored a season-high 21 on 7-of-8 shooting to key an upset of No. 19 BYU (Feb. 17)… Scored 20 in his Big 12 debut against No. 18 Baylor without missing a shot, going 7-for-7 from the field while sinking all six of his free throw tries… Keyed a win over West Virginia (Jan. 27) with 20 points on 6-of-8 shooting… Blocked a personal-best six shots against Houston Christian (Nov. 24) and swatted five in the Big 12 Championship opener against UCF (Mar. 12)… Logged his first collegiate double-double against South Carolina State (11 points, 10 rebounds) on New Year’s Eve.

From 247:

An Oklahoma native and former McDonald's All-American, Garrison averaged 7.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.5 blocks, and 0.8 steals in 22.6 minutes per game, starting 29 of 32 contests.

While he was generously listed at 6-foot-11, after measuring in at closer to 6-foot-8 in high school, Garrison provides size, length, and a sturdy interior presence. He can executive defensive coverages and offensive sets alike and is typically credited for his good awareness on both ends of the floor.

Misc:

Height: 6-11
Weight: 245

Looking at the stat lines he had a handful of great games, but also had games he barely made it into the box score. Young guy and available for three more seasons. Hope he's so good though that he is a lottery pick next season though (lol). 247 had him as a 4-star 95 grade.

I have not really seen him play much ball though personally, so I am stuck reading and wondering.

Awesome....if it does not cost us Osobor.
This is awesome anyway you look at it. The kid has three years and is going to be a really big part of our present and future. Want Great as well it this is a fantastic pick up. Imagine we get Osobor, Brea and two more later that withdrawal from the draft because they are guaranteed to 15 or something. Haha. Great get my friend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT