ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw

Not sure what to expect. Looked good. Thought would have a little more bounce. Maybe he will when he gets more comfortable. Rebounded well. Guarded the rim pretty good. Changed some shots.
At least gave us a presence in the paint.

This team is not going very far without a legitimate rim protector due to not being able to guard pick and roll or straight line drives.

A zone is obviously out of the question, so we need a rim protector.

Hopefully Bradshaw can grow into that role.

I love the kid,hie many times have we seen him hit the floor in 2 games coming off of injury. I kinda get nervous when i see him hit the floor. But 7 foot of im going to eat your lunch

Reactions: cathouse
Just checking the box score and it looks like Bradshaw got 29 minutes, which I love to see. The other point is Edwards only got 14 minutes with this re-distribution of minutes. Going to be interesting to see if this continues moving forward and, if so, how Edwards will respond to fewer minutes.

Reactions: gbl97 and EliteBlue
Bradshaw looked good. I thought all the guys played within themselves today. We just gotta tighten up the defense. We do in spurts but it's not consistent. Cal's teams usually turn it on late season. I feel we're gonna be a tough team to beat.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
Bradshaw played an excellent game. Didn’t force too much. Went 1-2 from 3 and had the confidence to shoot it when left wide open….those are the ones he should shoot. Fought for some rebounds and got most of his offense from putbacks and layups…not trying to get his from the midrange

Bradshaw played an excellent game. Didn’t force too much. Went 1-2 from 3 and had the confidence to shoot it when left wide open….those are the ones he should shoot. Fought for some rebounds and got most of his offense from putbacks and layups…not trying to get his from the midrange
He should've had more FT opportunities as he got mugged by Sean Penn's brother numerous times.

That was so frustrating on that one play where the Penn guy just drove his knee into his back and shoved him forward when he made the "block" and no call.
Sometimes I think refs have it out for us. Plays like that seem to happen more often than not.

He certainly knocked a lot of the rust off that we saw last Sat. Still looked a little like a freshman, imagine that?. LOL

Edwards did not play well IMHO. Shot wasn't falling and it affected his intensity. I felt Cal did the right thing pulling him. We needed three actual guards to get out on the 3 pt line. And Mitchell/Bradshaw had 20 rebs between them.

Disappointed we didn't see Burks at all. And honestly, Penn is decent but not athletic enough. I think St Joe's is better overall to be honest. But Philly basketball is good again. LaSalle, Penn, St Joe and Villanova are all watchable BB teams.

Bradshaw looked good. I thought all the guys played within themselves today. We just gotta tighten up the defense. We do in spurts but it's not consistent. Cal's teams usually turn it on late season. I feel we're gonna be a tough team to beat.
Agree. We really ratcheted up the defensive intensity during the stretch in the 2nd half when we made a little run. We have it in us.

Reactions: BC_Wader
Agree. We really ratcheted up the defensive intensity during the stretch in the 2nd half when we made a little run. We have it in us.
We do. It's an adjustment period with Bradshaw in the fold but without him the game would've been closer I feel. Takes a while to shake the High School off these minnows. Not that I'm happy with our model, but it is what it is. We should be used to it by now.

Played 29 minutes in his 2nd game, had 17-11-3 blocks, and isn't even in full game shape.

Today was basically for Bradshaw what we thought we would have seen from Edwards by now at least once, maybe twice.

Reactions: cathouse
Thought he played pretty. Liked that he played pretty hard.
Hope he doesn't fall in love with the 3. Not bad form shooting it, but only hit 1 shot outside the paint.

Reactions: ukfan1622
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT