ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw update 7-31

I think if Ugonna is ready he'll play, I also think UK just doesn't want him being a starter. He's still going to be slow on all fronts.
Onyenso is not starting this season, IMHO.

Cal has gone to great lengths to upgrade the 5. He went hard after Dickinson and now he is bringing in Ivisic.

Bradshaw or Ivisic will start at the 5.

Bradshaw will also play the 4 some backing up Mitchell.

Heck, knowing Cal and how he likes to play two bigs and likes his Freshmen, we might see him start Bradshaw and Ivisic together.

I wouldn’t be surprise if he starts five Freshmen and brings Reeves and Mitchell off the bench.

Either way, I think Onyenso will be battling Thiero for the 9th spot in the rotation, if everyone is healthy.

I am sure he does plan on playing, and he very well might. Sadly it’s not 100% his call however even though it should be. Sharpe and his camp also reassured BBN that he would be playing the 22/23 season for us and we know how that turned out.
I could be wrong but I thought Sharp himself kept quiet. Wasn't putting out videos reassuring the fan base that he's going to be back at Kentucky.Imo Bradshaw has gone out of his way to make it a point. But hey it could be one heck of a troll

If he comes back in August then how can he sit out all season as the resident geniuses on here said he will?
The "resident geniuses" are cautious because of Klutch's involvement, the recent Sharpe precedent, and the rumors that were floating around about Bradshaw's circle wanting to shut him down.

We all want the kid to play, but this is a message board and we're here to discuss everything from rumors to established facts. The Klutch rumors have been worth discussing.

I could be wrong but I thought Sharp himself kept quiet. Wasn't putting out videos reassuring the fan base that he's going to be back at Kentucky.Imo Bradshaw has gone out of his way to make it a point. But hey it could be one heck of a troll
Never in my life have I despised an athlete like I do Shady Sharpe. I wouldn't wish what he did on any team. Complete asshat and scumbag move. Here's to hoping he tries to break ankles, and breaks his own instead.

You are correct, I think sharp did remain silent. Bradshaw does seem to want to play and I hope he does, although I am still not sold on him at this stage at being a solid contributor but hope I’m wrong there. Excited to get the euro kid as I like his game a lot, on tape anyway. He seems ahead of Bradshaw by a decent margin but once they all step on the hardwood for live action for D1 ball it could be completely different. Excited for how the roster shaped up in the eleventh hour now just hope the team doesn’t get Caliparied as the last several have.

You are correct, I think sharp did remain silent. Bradshaw does seem to want to play and I hope he does, although I am still not sold on him at this stage at being a solid contributor but hope I’m wrong there. Excited to get the euro kid as I like his game a lot, on tape anyway. He seems ahead of Bradshaw by a decent margin but once they all step on the hardwood for live action for D1 ball it could be completely different. Excited for how the roster shaped up in the eleventh hour now just hope the team doesn’t get Caliparied as the last several have.
Who knows what these guys will do. If he doesn't play then bad job by AB. The way he acts suggest he wants a Fing title I got to say im extremely optimistic when it comes to AB making a big splash. Him and DJ battled for the top ranking.We got a glimpse into DJs game.I got to think AB game is going to be impressive.

Thats what a couple of the UK sports guys have said... Klutch wanted to shut him down, sit out the year, and let it heal. But Bradshaw wanted to play for UK, and opted for surgery to speed up the recovery process.
This could be part of why Bradshaw been public. Hard to shut someone down like that if they tell everyone Im ready

I am sure everyone here is like me in that they have never heard of this Croatian player before last week.
Now, there are posters who want him to play ahead of Bradshaw and Ugo. Some of the stuff on here is really hilarious.

Reactions: TexKat

Cal has gone to great lengths to upgrade the 5. He went hard after Dickinson and now he is bringing in Ivisic.

Heck, knowing Cal and how he likes to play two bigs and likes his Freshmen, we might see him start Bradshaw and Ivisic together.

I wouldn’t be surprise if he starts five Freshmen and brings Reeves and Mitchell off the bench.

Either way, I think Onyenso will be battling Thiero for the 9th spot in the rotation, if everyone is healthy.
I kind of what to see Mitchell start at the 5. Bradshaw, Edwards, and Thiero could help with weakside defense. Mitchell extends the opposing defenders, and gives freedom for Bradshaw and the guards to score one-on-one off their defenders.

Plus, with Mitchell, you get five guys who can shoot from the perimeter at one time. Cal said he liked that look in Canada.

Never in my life have I despised an athlete like I do Shady Sharpe. I wouldn't wish what he did on any team. Complete asshat and scumbag move. Here's to hoping he tries to break ankles, and breaks his own instead.
remember those words when something horrific happens in your life

I am sure everyone here is like me in that they have never heard of this Croatian player before last week.
Now, there are posters who want him to play ahead of Bradshaw and Ugo. Some of the stuff on here is really hilarious.
What in the world does not heard about him before last week have to do with anything???? He’s a Croatian kid, are you fluent in Croatian??? Bet u didn’t know Giannis or Luka either until they started killin it. Yeah just from what I’ve seen from his athleticism and 3 pt shot I’d for sure rather have him than Ugo. As far as Bradshaw, I’m not sold he’s playing till he plays. So I’m going the “ last week kid”. It’s hilarious you have trust in Ugo and Bradshaw.

Reactions: bluefaithful
I kind of what to see Mitchell start at the 5. Bradshaw, Edwards, and Thiero could help with weakside defense. Mitchell extends the opposing defenders, and gives freedom for Bradshaw and the guards to score one-on-one off their defenders.

Plus, with Mitchell, you get five guys who can shoot from the perimeter at one time. Cal said he liked that look in Canada.
Offensively, that would work, but Cal is all about defense.

And with Ivisic coming in with a 34% from 3 average from last year, it would be hard not to pair those two together.

I think Mitchell and Ivisic might be the top combo at the 4 and 5, because both can shoot, Mitchell can defend on the perimeter and Ivisic is a rim protector.

Bradshaw is not the shot blocker that Ivisic is and probably not as good offensively as Mitchell.

Mitchell/Ivisic is the best defensive/offensive combo, IMHO.

At least on paper.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Offensively, that would work, but Cal is all about defense.

And with Ivisic coming in with a 34% from 3 average from last year, it would be hard not to pair those two together.

I think Mitchell and Ivisic might be the top combo at the 4 and 5, because both can shoot, Mitchell can defend on the perimeter and Ivisic is a rim protector.

Bradshaw is not the shot blocker that Ivisic is and probably not as good offensively as Mitchell.

Mitchell/Ivisic is the best defensive/offensive combo, IMHO.

At least on paper.

I think Bradshaw and Ivisic are the best two-way players for being threats offensively and rim protectors.

My guess is those two start at the 4-5.

Tre Mitchell will come in accordingly and whoever he doesn't check in for will play the 5 while Mitchell plays the 4.

Ugo bats cleanup for foul trouble, exhaustion, etc. for 10-12 MPG.

That is an unbelievable 4 man rotation at the 4-5 spots and that's how I'd play it.

The real log jam will come with Thiero/Dillingham/Sheppard on the permitter with those 3 guys fighting for backup minutes behind Wagner/Reeves/Edwards.

What in the world does not heard about him before last week have to do with anything???? He’s a Croatian kid, are you fluent in Croatian??? Bet u didn’t know Giannis or Luka either until they started killin it. Yeah just from what I’ve seen from his athleticism and 3 pt shot I’d for sure rather have him than Ugo. As far as Bradshaw, I’m not sold he’s playing till he plays. So I’m going the “ last week kid”. It’s hilarious you have trust in Ugo and Bradshaw.

ti si budala koja ne zna ništa o košarci

Last edited:
I think Bradshaw and Ivisic are the best two-way players for being threats offensively and rim protectors.

My guess is those two start at the 4-5.

Tre Mitchell will come in accordingly and whoever he doesn't check in for will play the 5 while Mitchell plays the 4.

Ugo bats cleanup for foul trouble, exhaustion, etc. for 10-12 MPG.

That is an unbelievable 4 man rotation at the 4-5 spots and that's how I'd play it.

The real log jam will come with Thiero/Dillingham/Sheppard on the permitter with those 3 guys fighting for backup minutes behind Wagner/Reeves/Edwards.
This is possible. I really don’t know who starts, though I feel like Bradshaw(if healthy), Mitchell, and Ivisic will get most of the minutes like you said. I guess who starts out of those three is irrelevant really.

I think early on, it’s going to be Mitchell at the 4. He’s a fifth year Senior and the only one of the three who has scored a basket in a D-1 game.

But if Bradshaw and Ivisic are both first round draft picks, I think by March, they may get the nod.

But to start the season, I think Cal will go Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, Mitchell, and Ivisic as starters. Great mix of talent and experience. Our two 5th year grad students providing leadership for the superstar Freshmen. Scorers/shooters at every position on offense. Strong defensively with Wagner on the ball and Ivisic protecting the rim. And then you have an excellent bench with Dillingham, Sheppard, Thiero, Bradshaw, and Onyenso ready in reserve.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54

Probably true and why his handlers wanted him to transfer but they found out the market for unproven big men sucks.

I wonder if signing Z has made him more anxious to get back and claim his starting spot .

I wonder if signing Z has made him more anxious to get back and claim his starting spot .
Possibly.

Or it might be that he is encouraged that with Ivisic on board, he won’t have to spend as much time at the 5.

Remember, the rumor early this summer was he wanted to play the 4. If Ivisic is as good as advertised, Bradshaw will be able to play more at the 4 than he would have.

We are probably going to see a lot of Bradshaw and Ivisic on the floor together.

Cal almost always plays talent over experience. Cal also loves loves length and loves playing with two bigs.

Heck, I wouldn’t be shocked if Cal started five Freshmen this season.

(Yes, I know Reeves and Mitchell are going to play a lot, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they start every game this season.)

Possibly.

Or it might be that he is encouraged that with Ivisic on board, he won’t have to spend as much time at the 5.

Remember, the rumor early this summer was he wanted to play the 4. If Ivisic is as good as advertised, Bradshaw will be able to play more at the 4 than he would have.

We are probably going to see a lot of Bradshaw and Ivisic on the floor together.

Cal almost always plays talent over experience. Cal also loves loves length and loves playing with two bigs.

(Yes, I know Reeves and Mitchell are going to play a lot, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they start every game this season.)
100% Reeves is a starter and probably leads the team in minutes played.

Especially the posts that try to claim he is ahead of Bradshaw based on a highlight video that isn't in English.

Possibly.

I am never surprised by anything Cal does

Any “us versus them” posts made on this forum help to identify the bitchiest of our bitches
For some people, it seems their primary reason for being a "fan" is to have something to argue and fight over. Always been those types who just want to fight with opposing fans, really annoying when they're more interested in fighting with their brethren.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT