ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Calipari graduating

What makes you so sure? What has he done to make you think that? If he wasn't Cal's boy, he would get Johnny David minutes.

I bet he could start at some D2 schools. I'd say he needed to be in better shape. It is stated he can shoot...

Ole Pop played at unc Wilmington and Clarion....I bet Brad could too.

Last edited:
That's a detergent...
Calgon-2.jpg

LOL. NO, he could not. He's not a legit D1 player, not even at the mid-major level.

He’s not at all. Watched him play for Kentucky Travelers on the EYBL circuit and he barely got any clock for them, and when he did it wasn’t pretty. I’m glad he’s on the team but in no way is he a legitimate d1/low level d1 guy. If I were him I’d stay put and learn everything I can from Cal or use his connections to go be a grad assistant somewhere.

There’s 340+ D1 schools in the nation, he could get some clock somewhere after practicing against the players he’s played with the last couple of years. No matter how bad you are, they will make you better.

Dude, he does not have a single D1 level skill. Not one. Nothing. What have you seen from him that suggests D1 to you?

Last edited:
IIRC, the entire basketball team follows an accelerated course schedule that puts players on track to graduate after 3 years.

Will he finish next two years with us or transfer ?

His RS makes sense now. I’ll admit I was worried having him RS this year. Thinkin Cal might bolt after this season and take an NBA job or something and him wanting to preserve his eligibility to play elsewhere. Having a practice player RS doesn’t make sense. Especially being the coaches son. But I guess he knew he would be on track to graduate early at the end of summer semester. And Cal has a contract for as long as he wants to coach here. Now he’s got two years of eligibility left for them to pay his grad school on b-ball scholarship. Pretty smart play by Brad.

His RS makes sense now. I’ll admit I was worried having him RS this year. Thinkin Cal might bolt after this season and take an NBA job or something and him wanting to preserve his eligibility to play elsewhere. Having a practice player RS doesn’t make sense. Especially being the coaches son. But I guess he knew he would be on track to graduate early at the end of summer semester. And Cal has a contract for as long as he wants to coach here. Now he’s got two years of eligibility left for them to pay his grad school on b-ball scholarship. Pretty smart play by Brad.
Zero chance Cal leaves UK. Zero.

Not sure, however, I would go somewhere and get playing time. He could play a lot of minutes at a small D1 school or any D2 school. Saying that, what are his goals after college? If it’s to coach, he should stay put.

It seems as if he's content with learning under his dad to coach one day.

If he wanted playing time, he would have went that route from the jump, I would think.

Nothing, but look at all the schools you’ve never heard of. I’m certain one team would need his help.

How can he "help"? He does not provide anything that helps. Can't run the floor, can't defend, does not dribble well, and has missed nearly every damn shot he's attempted.

Hate to break it to you, but even at those little mid-major D1 schools, you've gotta have at least some legit D1 level skills to "play a lot of minutes", as you put it. Brad has shown none.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYCAT78
Brad should graduate, then become a grad assistant. Get his coaching career started.

How can he "help"? He does not provide anything that helps. Can't run the floor, can't defend, does not dribble well, and has missed nearly every damn shot he's attempted.

Hate to break it to you, but even at those little mid-major D1 schools, you've gotta have at least some legit D1 level skills to "play a lot of minutes", as you put it. Brad has shown none.

I went to Dayton to watch the first 4 this year...several of the starters on 3 of the teams were just terrible...I may be misjudging, but he looks like he could play for them. Regardless, if he wants playing time there’s a team out there where he can “earn” it-D2, D3, NAIA...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT