ADVERTISEMENT

Boycott Continental Tires

It's just so weird how much they play up when Kentucky loses. That shot, which Laettner should have been ejected well before for.. and the Christian Watford shot.. a regular season game winner, in which Kentucky BEAT them later in the year in route to the title.

And yet, no one even talks about the half court buzzer beating 3pointer from Villanova's Kris Jenkins to WIN THE NATIONAL TITLE over storied UNC. That gets zero play. I bet most here forgot it even happened. I'm not even entirely sure it was Kris Jenkins who took that shot! Because they literally swept that shit under the rug within like 3 days.

It's just so weird how much they play up when Kentucky loses. That shot, which Laettner should have been ejected well before for.. and the Christian Watford shot.. a regular season game winner, in which Kentucky BEAT them later in the year in route to the title.

And yet, no one even talks about the half court buzzer beating 3pointer from Villanova's Kris Jenkins to WIN THE NATIONAL TITLE over storied UNC. That gets zero play. I bet most here forgot it even happened. I'm not even entirely sure it was Kris Jenkins who took that shot! Because they literally swept that shit under the rug within like 3 days.

I had forgotten about how that one exactly ended. It was beautiful!

It’s because we are UK.

I had forgotten about how that one exactly ended. It was beautiful!

It should be considered the greatest shot in modern college basketball. I want to say Marcus Paige hit an incredible shot right before this, it's the national title game, it's a buzzer-beating DEEP 3-pointer to win the game.

And because it was against UNC, it's been forced into far corners of the college basketball library. They barely even show this play come March every year.

I and others quit buying continental which used to be general tire when it shut down our Mayfield plant which had been in Mayfield for 35 years.Tires built at that plant were quality tires!!!

Reactions: cats2010
Commercial with Grant Hill and Laettner is grounds for a boycott.
Amen plus they had a plant in Western, KY and closed it to move all production to Ohio! I worked there 5 years my hometown has never been the same as when they took 2000 jobs out of a small town. I will drive on Flintstone tires before I ever buy a set if continentals

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
I’m going with whatever Big O brand is on sale. I had no need for name brand tires. Just throw a pair that will last 60k miles and I’m good.
I would agree as long as they aren't noisy. I usually buy the 40k Kumho's, but then I put about 5k a year on my car.

Commercial with Grant Hill and Laettner is grounds for a boycott.
Put a set of tires on my old vette last spring and continental was the only thing my boy could find that would fit...goodyear or firestone, whatever the original was, doesn't make them anymore

It should be considered the greatest shot in modern college basketball. I want to say Marcus Paige hit an incredible shot right before this, it's the national title game, it's a buzzer-beating DEEP 3-pointer to win the game.

And because it was against UNC, it's been forced into far corners of the college basketball library. They barely even show this play come March every year.
The big difference is that if laetner misses, dook loses; if Jenkins misses they've still got overtime.

I and others quit buying continental which used to be general tire when it shut down our Mayfield plant which had been in Mayfield for 35 years.Tires built at that plant were quality tires!!!
Yep, my dad worked there for 35 years. I worked there while going to college at Murray on the weekend crew for about 6 weeks before they realized they hired too many people and did a layoff. It was cool however making about $750/week in the 80’s while going to college.

Yep, my dad worked there for 35 years. I worked there while going to college at Murray on the weekend crew for about 6 weeks before they realized they hired too many people and did a layoff. It was cool however making about $750/week in the 80’s while going to college.
Was in the 616 tire room

I have sold hundreds of these tires over the years and after seeing that commercial I’ll never sell them, buy them, or recommend them again. I have them on 2 of my vehicles now and no more. Just stupid marketing imo to run off a massive fan base worth of customers.

Reactions: FirewithFire
Put a set of tires on my old vette last spring and continental was the only thing my boy could find that would fit...goodyear or firestone, whatever the original was, doesn't make them anymore
Hence the reason I will now be using Michelin. It sucks only having two choices but Continental just made my choice easy.

Have several vehicles on the road. Will never buy another continental tire.

Hence the reason I will now be using Michelin. It sucks only having two choices but Continental just made my choice easy.
We looked at them, but the Michelin's didn't match front and back. Continental was uniform. And the grant hill commercial hadn't come out yet...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT