ADVERTISEMENT

Bourbon

Beam, Jim Beam.
Jim-Beam-1-2-Pint-Kentucky-Straight-Bourbon-Whiskey.jpg

Reactions: rye48
With few to no fans in the stands (I am not sure which as I have not been following) how great would it be to have this game tonight with the day behind you and kick off the weekend with some bourbon pours and a UK victory. All night games should be the upside of Covid-19.

Woodford is the only right answer here 😎

Love me some Woodford until recently. Since they've been focused on their premium stuff, it seems like the standard WReserve isn't holding on to its flavor like it used to. Last 3 pours (doubles, neat) from different bottles at different locations have lost their nose and their flavor after 20-30min. Taste almost nothing but alcohol after that.

Anyone else notice it?

Reactions: CastleRubric
Only if UK wins, I will have one glass of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit with a big ice cube.
If Auburn wins, Old Forrester 86

Reactions: DCFseattle
A friend turned me on to Angel's Envy recently. Super smooth with a unique flavor. That port cask finish really helps it stand out. If you haven't, it's worth a try.

Maker's 101, followed by Weller Antique, then maybe some Knob Creek SB Store pick (Chuck's Liquors), and if i'm still coherent, OGD 114.

Reactions: wcc31
Love me some Woodford until recently. Since they've been focused on their premium stuff, it seems like the standard WReserve isn't holding on to its flavor like it used to. Last 3 pours (doubles, neat) from different bottles at different locations have lost their nose and their flavor after 20-30min. Taste almost nothing but alcohol after that.

Anyone else notice it?

Solution = drink faster 😬

Solution = drink faster 😬

Lol. Heck no. Not my good bourbon!

If I'm going to drink bourbon faster, I drink WT101 with Coca-Cola.

I would consistently drink the following-

Woodford DoubleO, Knob Creek DoubleO, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare (chilled but neat), Blantons, Wild Turkey..

also like but hardly ever drink Angels Envy, 1792, Jefferson's Reserve, Maker's, Larceny, Four Roses

Never had Bulleit but will try that in the next month. Been hearing good things.

Last edited:
On Thursday KSR, Matt, Drew, and Ryan were already ranking the Auburn win as the third best win for Stoops

Bulleit 10 year is really, really good. You Woodford guys try some and you won’t go back to Woodford.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT