ADVERTISEMENT

BOUGHT a ROKU.... what i need to know about streming?

best way to watch sports/UK games?... etc.
You will need to get a service like Sling (it's an app on the Roku) to access streams of sports, TV channel broadcast content like AMC, TBS etc...and check out other apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime that have a lot of older TV shows, movies and original content. Enjoy!

I use Hulu Live. There is a cool android app called Web Video Caster that will let you cast videos from your phone to your TV, you can watch some movies that haven't even made it to DVD yet.

I use Hulu Live. There is a cool android app called Web Video Caster that will let you cast videos from your phone to your TV, you can watch some movies that haven't even made it to DVD yet.
I have Netflix and Prime .... problem with mirroring or casting, I use IOS and it's not supported (don't think) on any streaming device other than the $179 Apple TV... Trying to avoid the use of it personally/ and best I can tell, DTV Now, has SEC TV and some other stuff I like for $55 and allows you to stream two devices at the same time.... I'm going to try some stuff and see how it works and if it works for me...... I was watching more and more streamed content paying cable for 10 channels and they wanna jack the price up.

I've heard the term Kodi/jailbreak but don't think that's where I wanna go....
/Not that geeked to think about it.........

I have Netflix and Prime .... problem with mirroring or casting, I use IOS and it's not supported (don't think) on any streaming device other than the $179 Apple TV... Trying to avoid the use of it personally/ and best I can tell, DTV Now, has SEC TV and some other stuff I like for $55 and allows you to stream two devices at the same time.... I'm going to try some stuff and see how it works and if it works for me...... I was watching more and more streamed content paying cable for 10 channels and they wanna jack the price up.

I've heard the term Kodi/jailbreak but don't think that's where I wanna go....
/Not that geeked to think about it.........
Kodi is good but the streams keep getting taken down and installing the new ones can be a hassle. With my Android as long as you are on the same network you can cast to any Roku device. You could probably pick up a cheap android just for that. We have a Galaxy s5 that we only use as a TV remote and casting content to our TV.

Reactions: robo222
You are pretty much stuck with getting a pay service through Sling TV, Directv Now, PlayStation Vue, Hulu Live TV, or YouTube TV. I believe those are all of the legit options. I tried the first 3 and liked Sling TV's setup and price the best. I believe Hulu is $40 for their service, but I think it includes their other service with it. Youtube TV is also $40. I haven't tried either of the last 2 so I don't know much about them.

I believe some of these services include local channels in some areas right now, but not everywhere. You should be able to do a trial on all of them to see how you like them. Maybe wait until football starts up and you can get through at least 4 or 5 UK games without paying a cent while deciding. Just remember to cancel before you get charged for it.

I have DirecTV now. All of the ESPN channels, Fox Sports, CBS sports, SEC network.

Also, have Netflix and Amazon.

My total TV bill is half what is used to be and I still get the same channels.

Reactions: robo222
Was in Best buy's couple weeks ago with wife, and I was telling her about jailbreaking. The tech overheard me, and told us they were only allowed to sell 2 Amazon Firesticks per customer because so many people were jail breaking them, then selling them on e-bay. It's not illegal to jail break, itsi not illegal to use jail broken equipment. It IS illegal to view protected streams. Your internet provider will usually block that sort of content, but like everything else, you can work around it.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT