ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie is 33

UK:
Consensus Second-Team All-American, First-Team All-SEC, SEC All-Rookie Team and SEC Rookie of the Year.
15.1 PPG, .558 FG%, 9.8 RPG, 1.0 APG, 1.7 BPG, 1.0 SPG, and a career 34.18 PER, 22nd all-time (can you name the only two Wildcats who are ahead of him?).

NBA:
4 x All-Star, NBA All-Rookie Team, 2 x All-NBA Second Team.
19.6 PPG, .460 FG%, 10.2 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.1 BPG, 1.3 SPG, and a career 22.03 PER -- 38th all-time on the NBA/ABA leaders list, just ahead of Moses Malone.

And a ton of money at just 33.

Happy birthday! =)

$91 million before taxes and before other endorsements, so over $100 million. He probably cleared $55-60 million post-tax. Not bad for a guy who gets to retire at 33, be known by millions of sports fans, and probably work in the media someday if he wants to.
Def good money wise but I do hate that he didn’t get that 200 million dollar deal that he could have got from Sac but Vlade decided to go in another direction and then Boogie got hurt smh

$91 million before taxes and before other endorsements, so over $100 million. He probably cleared $55-60 million post-tax. Not bad for a guy who gets to retire at 33, be known by millions of sports fans, and probably work in the media someday if he wants to.
Crazy thing is had he not had gotten injured in New Orleans he would have made 200 million more. That’s a lot of change.

Last edited:
The crazy part.. he really was on track of being one of the best centers during his time in the NBA. 27 and 12 guy who could also hit some 3s if needed. There were some points in his professional career he really looked unstoppable.

His pre injury highlight reel is a sight to behold. There isn’t anyone else with his size and strength that could move like he did. Just so fluid for a 6’11 260 pounder.

Call-Me-Cuz.gif

One of my very favorites of the Cal era and was amazing in the NBA before the injuries. Was on the track to being one of the NBA all time greats. Besides injuries, only think that helped stop him was immaturity and anger (too many T's and refs seemed to start looking for him to T him up again).

One of my very favorites of the Cal era and was amazing in the NBA before the injuries. Was on the track to being one of the NBA all time greats. Besides injuries, only think that helped stop him was immaturity and anger (too many T's and refs seemed to start looking for him to T him up again).
The refs definitely targeted him.

Reactions: ORCAT
Went to Cal’s coaches clinic his first year. Tons of coaches there. They were doing a timed shooting drill with a partner. Boogie was the odd man out and didn’t have a rebounder. UK’s videographer volunteered to hop out there and rebound.
At one point Boogie took a shot and it ricocheted really far from the hoop and Cousins absolutely blew up on the dude. Took 15-20 seconds to retrieve the ball. That first impression that I got probably cost him millions in the league because that’s just the type of dude he is.

Reactions: ganner918
Loved boogie here at UK that was a man amongst boys in the court.
John Wall
Bled
Liggins
Patterson
Boogie
Miller

Memories of a fun season for sure

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
By far my favorite moment of DeMarcus Cousins at UK, ranks right up there among my favorite UK memories ever as well. Then Wall hit that crazy 3 in overtime too as the Cats won the 2010 SEC Tournament.
I was there and it was the loudest I ever heard it at a basketball game when he tipped it in. Many Kentucky fans, myself included, thought it won us the game just like the team. Not to pat myself on the back but I could tell it counted with the naked eye.

Reactions: Montana81
How we didn’t win a title with him and Wall is baffling to me….

College game is so different. You can’t just park 3 guys in the paint on defense in the league. Ever seen a 1-3-1 in an nba game?

Zones, sagging man defense and terrible block/charge judgement are the only things in the college game keeping guys like Wall and Boogie from annihilating the other team every night.

WVU played that 1-3-1 and dared us to beat them from 3. Any time we got a paint touch they had all 3 of their front court players there waiting.

We couldn’t hit from the free throw line that game either. Also WVU had an uncharacteristically good performance from 3 themselves.

So it took a bad matchup and the other team playing one of their best games. Shit happens

College game is so different. You can’t just park 3 guys in the paint on defense in the league. Ever seen a 1-3-1 in an nba game?

Zones, sagging man defense and terrible block/charge judgement are the only things in the college game keeping guys like Wall and Boogie from annihilating the other team every night.

WVU played that 1-3-1 and dared us to beat them from 3. Any time we got a paint touch they had all 3 of their front court players there waiting.

We couldn’t hit from the free throw line that game either. Also WVU had an uncharacteristically good performance from 3 themselves.

So it took a bad matchup and the other team playing one of their best games. Shit happens
We still should have won a title even with all of that said. You can add 2015 to that as well. If Cal had 3 titles right now, him and UK wouldn’t be in the position we’ve been in the last few years.

Reactions: Montana81
We still should have won a title even with all of that said. You can add 2015 to that as well. If Cal had 3 titles right now, him and UK wouldn’t be in the position we’ve been in the last few years.

I agree. But it seemed like nothing was working for us that game. When we went inside and got to the free throw line(we still shot 29 free throws despite taking 32 threes and being down double figures most of the 2nd half) we couldn’t hit them. 15-29 i believe?

I think that was one of the hardest tournament losses to watch in my lifetime. I was actually at work and my boss let me leave early. we were both huge UK fans watching while we worked.

Reactions: SosaUK1987
I agree. But it seemed like nothing was working for us that game. When we went inside and got to the free throw line(we still shot 29 free throws despite taking 32 threes and being down double figures most of the 2nd half) we couldn’t hit them. 15-29 i believe?

I think that was one of the hardest tournament losses to watch in my lifetime. I was actually at work and my boss let me leave early. we were both huge UK fans watching while we worked.
Yeah, that one really really hurt. I thought we were destined to win man. That would have been like a movie too. Too bad it didn’t happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT