ADVERTISEMENT

Bluetooth equipment recommendation

UKBrassowTipIN

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
So, I have wireless bluetooth headphones and I sync them to an LG tv because it has bluetooth.

My other TVs dont have this type of transmitter built in so I'm looking at what type of piece to buy to plug in.

1.jpg

Don't pay attention to those jokers. What you need is a bluetooth transmitter to plug into your tv that sends a signal to your headphones. Hope this helps.

I use the TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter and Receiver that plugs into my Tv's audio out, Got off Amazon for about $25.

Reactions: NewEraCATS
You'll have to pay close attention to the transmitter and receiver end of the equation. Most aren't going to transmit video with near-zero latency (lag), so if you are getting it for watching videos, the audio isn't going to sync with the video. Will be real annoying when the words don't match the lips.

I'm not sure what else is out there, but one to look for is aptx low latency. Both the transmitter and whatever is receiving the transmittion have to support the aptx low latency codec though.

And if you have to plug in the transmitter via optical cable, you'll need either a transmitter or receiver/headphones that can control volume as I'm not aware of TVs that will let you control the volume out over optical with the TV remote.

You'll have to pay close attention to the transmitter and receiver end of the equation. Most aren't going to transmit video with near-zero latency (lag), so if you are getting it for watching videos, the audio isn't going to sync with the video. Will be real annoying when the words don't match the lips.

I'm not sure what else is out there, but one to look for is aptx low latency. Both the transmitter and whatever is receiving the transmittion have to support the aptx low latency codec though.

And if you have to plug in the transmitter via optical cable, you'll need either a transmitter or receiver/headphones that can control volume as I'm not aware of TVs that will let you control the volume out over optical with the TV remote.

I actually haven't had issues with that under similar situations. If I am in my vehicle waiting somewhere, I might play Netflix or YouTube videos on my phone and the sound is being transmitted with Bluetooth through my car stereo with no sync issues. I also sometimes at night use my phone as a Roku remote so I can plug in ear buds and crank up the sound without disturbing anyone. I have no issues that way either, but it is using wifi instead of Bluetooth. Just curious if lip sync issues are very prevalent in today's more recent technology?

Actually figured out that since all the TVs have roku you can download the roku remote to your phone then stream the audio from there to headphones

I actually haven't had issues with that under similar situations. If I am in my vehicle waiting somewhere, I might play Netflix or YouTube videos on my phone and the sound is being transmitted with Bluetooth through my car stereo with no sync issues. I also sometimes at night use my phone as a Roku remote so I can plug in ear buds and crank up the sound without disturbing anyone. I have no issues that way either, but it is using wifi instead of Bluetooth. Just curious if lip sync issues are very prevalent in today's more recent technology?
Phones are optimized to prevent the latency, especially now with the push towards using Bluetooth headphones instead of wired headphones. Most of the standard Bluetooth transmitters/receivers are really only made with audio in mind.

Reactions: KyCatFan
why you need headphones for ya tv?
To be honest I did it at first to not disturb others in the house late...but then realized it turned out better than surround with nice head phones and just got in the habit of being a weirdo watching tv that way when I'm by myself..total outside noise cancellation

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT