ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/White Radio Broadcast?

I believe it is now 3rd behind Pulaski County and Marshall County. At least it was the last time I looked.
You nailed it ... !!! Pulaski is bigger than Memorial now !! WOW !!!

PPV was def what should’ve happened
More money made and more happy people that could’ve watched
$20 would be about right
Proceeds would’ve far outweighed the current plan
That’s what it’s all about right?

Reactions: hddon and chroix
Bunch of welfare queens. Think you're entitled to everything for free. There are plenty of tickets to support Kentucky players.
Oh bite us. For us over here in WKY that's a 3+ hour drive. Making it a 6 hour round trip and some of us do work for a living. That's 1.5-2 tanks of gas, potentially a hotel room, food, etc and THEN then tickets which are starting at $125. That's two weeks of groceries for me. Not gonna happen no matter how much you "shame" people.
that you could but choose not to because you don't work hard enough in life or school to afford it.

Mean Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

$20 would be about right

I mean, what about the students that wanted to see this? Are they getting any kind of break? $125 for a college student could be quite a bit depending. That's about what I got from my parents for about 2-3 weeks of fuel/other food/fun money (I didn't have time for much of a job outside of band/classes/group teaching/etc)

Ah, the good ole days. I have some great memories of staying up and watching those games with my dad.
I remember sometimes my Dad would take a nap before and tell us to wake him up for the game. He didn’t want to know the score beforehand but I usually snuck and looked at the score but still watched anyway, win or lose. The good ole days when the newscaster would say, “if you don’t want to know the score, look away”. I miss watching games with my Dad

As others have said, UK missed a golden opportunity to set up a PPV option for this. You could charge $20/$25 and get a bunch of buys. The number of buys would greatly outpace ticket sales and that NIL coiffure would increase much more than it is with the so-so ticket sales. After the renovations, the capacity is 6250. At $125 per ticket, a sell out would net $781,250. A PPV at $25 would only need a buy number of 31,250. I don't see any reason the buy number wouldn't greatly exceed that. I think UK dropped the ball here big time.

Exactly.

Could have raised a ton of money doing a PPV. There’s a lot more eyeballs out in the state and outside of the state and in other countries, than will be in the building that night.

If they had a PPV option, how much more NIL would they have made?
Guys , im pretty sure the contract with the SEC/SEC Network would be against it, they'd want it being through the SEC Network meaning it would be hard if not impossible to put into the NIL funds.

Reactions: Wonky
I mean, what about the students that wanted to see this? Are they getting any kind of break? $125 for a college student could be quite a bit depending. That's about what I got from my parents for about 2-3 weeks of fuel/other food/fun money (I didn't have time for much of a job outside of band/classes/group teaching/etc)
Unsold tickets might go to students ??

$20 would be about right
This makes the most sense.

Just FYI.... as of 10 pm last night, Ticketmaster showed 710 empty seats left in Memorial for the Blue-White game tonight. 287 @ $125 each, 335 @ $185 each, 29 @ $150 each, 5 @ $250 each, 50 @ $310 each, and 4 @ $1550 a piece. I might have missed a few, but unless something changes today with ticket purchases, that leaves over $125K worth of empty NIL seats. The paid streaming option would have brought UK NIL much more $$$.

IMO, I think UK, Barnhart and Pope could really be missing an opportunity to keep the 2024/25 Kentucky Basketball enthusiasm "high" ongoing, leading into the new season. It's been an amazing ride so far, with the unbelievable initial hire press conference, the staff and player additions, the solid 2025/26 recruiting so far, the excellent Big Blue Madness (Pitino)!!!

With all of the very smart marketing people around the basketball program, one would think there could be multiple options in being able to view this first UK Pope "game," while still maximizing NIL opportunities for the players, current and future..........

Some fans may be limited in attending this game, either due to health, financial or proximity. So, limiting more potential NIL by just using in attendance Blue/White ticket sales/ etc. seems to be leaving alot of $$$ on the table. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I’m not complaining about it anymore. Just consider it a private screening practice game that will help fund the program.

I can live without watching a practice. Will get updated quickly on the game and how the players preformed.

Will head to a local HS football game and support those players.

The tweet link from UK Athletics says watch a live stream not listen to.
It’s a live stream of people talking about not actual game play.

Watch a live stream from inside the event featuring interviews and analysis. Hosts Michelle Knezovic and Andrew Kappes will be joined by players, coaches and special guests.

You can also listen to on court radio coverage of the event with Darren Headrick, Bria Goss and Jack Givens.

Also, it’s going to be both men’s and women’s teams tonight. Not just men.

Still a video stream which is better than nothing and we don't know for sure they won't show the game play. I would bet its some of both.
Might get a clip. But it’s not gonna be much. UK Athletics made it clear the only way you would get to see all of the action was to buy a ticket.

I guess I'll just see what KSR and people on here that went say about this. A big dud for UK basketball. Plenty of better things to do on a Friday night than listen to this like it's 1955 or something.

Hopefully the pre season games will be televised for the fans.

I tried to collect baseball cards, but back then my allowance was a quarter and there were comic books to buy, The only player of note who I remember getting was Marv Throneberry. Baseball cards had good tasting gum, though.

I guess I'll just see what KSR and people on here that went say about this. A big dud for UK basketball. Plenty of better things to do on a Friday night than listen to this like it's 1955 or something.

Hopefully the pre season games will be televised for the fans.

Hate to bear even more bad news.

Only 2 of the 7 next games are on TV. Rest are on SEC+
First fully TV game will be Wright State on Nov 4 and it's on ESPNU (which many may not get).

Hate to bear even more bad news.

Only 2 of the 7 next games are on TV. Rest are on SEC+
First fully TV game will be Wright State on Nov 4 and it's on ESPNU (which many may not get).

I think I can stream them on the espn app so should be ok. It is unfortunate for those that do not have that or do not know how to do it.

I think I can stream them on the espn app so should be ok. It is unfortunate for those that do not have that or do not know how to do it.
It's awful. I can get them too atm but that's really crappy for a great chunk of older fans that don't want to fool with it or those is rural parts of KY where coverage is spotty at best.

Guess it will be like the old days huh? lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT