ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/White lineup, who wins?

Damn, I "capped" the game and I have the line at a "pick em". You talk about parity. That is about the most equal lineups you could create with this roster. I honestly do not know who would win. A better defensive squad for Blue, but the white squad would be deadly scoring.

Reactions: delk4three
The Blue team very well could be our starting lineup, switching out Carr for Almonor

Robinson over Chandler is the biggest mismatch I could see. If Chandler had a little more seasoning, maybe it would be closer. But the supposed best player on the team against a rusty, freshman gives Robinson a huge advantage. Carr / Almonor is closer than people think, but advantage Team White.

If I had to pick, Blue team, but not by much. It just goes to show the depth this team will have.

The Blue team listed above has the advantage. Defensively, Butler, Oweh, Robinson, and Williams would make it tough for White to score. Meanwhile, Blue has the offensive firepower with Robinson and Oweh on the wings plus Almonor can light it up from 3 and Williams is no slouch inside.

Just for giggles, I’m matching them up for maximum competition:

PG Butler vs. Kriisa
SG Robinson vs. Oweh
SF Chandler vs. Brea
PF Almonor vs. Carr
C Williams vs. Garrison

I’m separating Robinson and Oweh, so they can face off. I want my best wing defender on my best wing scorer. I think that makes the teams a little more even on both ends of the court.

The Blue team very well could be our starting lineup, switching out Carr for Almonor
If you switched Robinson and Chandler, who are you taking ?
Blue :
Butler
Oweh
Chandler
Almonor
Williams

White :
Kriisa
Brea
Robinson
Carr
Garrison

I will take the white team. Just because most everyone took the blue.

From what Pope has let slip in media (at different times) since getting his guys: Butler and Kriisa will play together most likely.

Butler
Oweh (think he is going to have a big year)
Jaxson
Carr
Garrison

That is my guess on the starting line up by SEC schedule.

I think the Krissa and Brea are first off the bench with Chandler and Almonor and Williams. Garrison and Williams will be a big battle for minutes. Per Carr (Garrison is very underrated).

I have said it since Robinson committed, IMO, this will be Pope's starting lineup

Butler
Kriisa
Robinson
Carr
Williams

Oweh and Brea depending on sub needs (foul trouble) will be the first two off the bench. Then Garrison. If Williams picked up a couple early fouls, obviously Garrison would be the first off the bench.

Blue = Defense

White = Buckets

I'd say Blue wins a series, but if White gets hot look out. Could put a run on you quick.

Probably close either way though. Single digit games.

If Blue equals the starters and White equals the subs:

Blue

G Butler
G Oweh
G Robinson
F Carr
F Williams

White

G Kriisa
G Chandler
G Brea
F Almonor
F Garrison

Blue team will D you up and should be able to get some buckets.

White will absolutely light you up from 3.

I have said it since Robinson committed, IMO, this will be Pope's starting lineup

Butler
Kriisa
Robinson
Carr
Williams

Oweh and Brea depending on sub needs (foul trouble) will be the first two off the bench. Then Garrison. If Williams picked up a couple early fouls, obviously Garrison would be the first off the bench.
I could see that lineup as well. Butler and Kriisa together gives you a great combo in the backcourt. Very complimentary to each other.

Oweh and Brea would be very impactful off the bench.

Then Garrison probably splits minutes with Williams while Almonor comes out firing 3’s as the sub for Carr.

Chandler is the x-factor. We’ve got 9 proven guys to rotate, so we don’t need him to break out, but if he does, look out.

Blue both ways too much D and just a little less O but like someone said if white gets hot from 3 look out.

I'm on the train of thinking Pope likes Butler and Krissa so much he may start them early but I bet a few games in Butler will start and Krissa will come in at the pg for him. The rest is easy W- jaxson pf-carr c-amari. Pope will play at least 10 players 10 plus minutes a game.

Start of year
Starters
Butler/Krissa/Jaxson/Carr/Amari
Big minutes off bench
Oweh/Brea/Garrison
10 plus minutes off bench
Almoror/Chandler
Situational minutes
Perry/Noah
Cigar time
Horn/Darbyshire/13th player

Oweh maybe ever Brea will end up starting SG at some point, Krissa will come off bench to relieve Butler at pg. Garrison may get the nod at starting C over Amari for several games but I imagine everything else looks like what I wrote above.

I like the fact we have so many options at the 2 and 3 and everyone of them can light it up from outside. Krissa, Oweh, Jaxson, Brea, Chandler, Noah and even Perry.

Reactions: ukfan041
Garrison and Brea are white ? Maybe light skinned.

1*WS3-W2Qp4c-yFDLAOAZonw.gif

Butler
Kriisa
Robinson
Carr
Williams

I can't remember the quote exactly, but in the recent interviews, I do think Butler said something along the lines of "playing alongside Kerr" ... Now of course, this could just mean as teammates in general... But could glean that they will be on the floor together a good amount instead of spelling each other.

I will overlook this post as a attempt at a joke, but if serious, you need help. I am not the poster who posted "the white team is really white". MAYBE you was referring to the poster I was responding to.

Even if you put the "best 5" on Blue, I'm not sure White doesn't win 3 out of 10 against them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT