ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-White games being moved to Memorial

Oh, he's gone down on a cone or two. Ask Duke or NC.
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Probably unpopular opinion but i have different thoughts on why this was a good move. Last few years uk had to literally give away tickets on sidewalks to get rupp full. This will drive more demand for the fewer seats.

Now don't get me wrong, i think pope could've filled rupp. So that makes me wonder if either 1) this was already in the works based on tepid interest under cal or 2) there was some other indicator pointing to low interest.

Probably unpopular opinion but i have different thoughts on why this was a good move. Last few years uk had to literally give away tickets on sidewalks to get rupp full. This will drive more demand for the fewer seats.

Now don't get me wrong, i think pope could've filled rupp. So that makes me wonder if either 1) this was already in the works based on tepid interest under cal or 2) there was some other indicator pointing to low interest.
May have been due to Cal, though like you said I think Pope could have filled Rupp Arena for this so maybe to show off the Memorial renovations? What was the general crowds for that game at Rupp? I went a few years ago and noticed empty sections in the upper arena. May be a permanent thing moving forward after many have seemed to clamour for a game/Big Blue Madness to be held there.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if the campout for Big Blue Madness tickets will return now that the renovation at Memorial is complete?

Wonderful move. It would be nice if UK could schedule at least one game in Memorial even if it was against an exhibition opponent. Financial wise it probably wouldn't be feasible but one could hope.

Make it a student's only Game. Only issue would be that the game would be against one of the chump teams on the schedule. no way they'd lose out on the revenue from an SEC or bigger OOC opponent.
Make it against Duke if they’d do it, small venue vs small venue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT