ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/white game

The press release they put out when announcing this says "reimagined event."

This is not a traditional "scrimmage" so they really don't have something traditional to stream since it'll be different.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong, they are just trying something different in this NIL Era.
They could do this event anytime then, they don’t have to get rid of the Blue White event to do this.

They could do this event anytime then, they don’t have to get rid of the Blue White event to do this.
Yep, that's why I was a little miffed about the UK BW Game. That has traditionally been the first good look at the team. And for a knowledgeable fan base, we LOVE that stuff. You can have TONS of other NIL events (meet and greets, dinners, fundraisers, etc.) but this was the epitome of taking something away from the regular folks of BBN and that's not cool AT ALL. Again, I've said this alot lately, but I'm not Pollyanna. I know you have to raise money. But if that's the case, schedule a scrimmage with another school (like Duke or UCLA), make THAT a NIL event for both schools then split the proceeds. I mean, there's a great deal of rich UK and Duke alumni that would pay to see that.

I mean, Cal for all his faults, took the BW game to EKY and let the proceeds from the TV money and sales go to flood victims. Invited a hard working coal miner to come to the game with his family. Whether that was all for show or not, doesn't matter. Everyone who wanted to see that game was able to. Pope needs to address this a bit. This was not a popular decision and they couldn't have made what they wanted to for NIL.
My ignore feature is working great, I’ve rarely used it but then I catch posts like this and when I check I’m like, I made a good decision.

Yeah, I cannot STAND elitism in this fanbase. That's not who we are. BBN is for EVERYONE that bleeds blue. Heck, we even let opposing fan bases talk amongst us as long as they are respectful. The one thing that grinds my spices like a pestle and mortar is when parts of our fan base acts like they are better than others because they are either one, UK alumni, or two, financially well off. Neither makes you more or less of a fan than those who are third generation fans or even new fans from the hollars of WKY. There are countless numbers of us who have laughed and cried with our team, have jammed a finger playing backyard hoops wearing a UK jersey (pretending we were our favorite player or playing for our childhood coach), buried family with UK gear, sat up nights with a sick loved one watching a game with them so they'd have company, etc. From Kentucky Bend to Elkhorn City, we are ALL BBN, and the elitism is disgusting.

Yep, that's why I was a little miffed about the UK BW Game. That has traditionally been the first good look at the team. And for a knowledgeable fan base, we LOVE that stuff. You can have TONS of other NIL events (meet and greets, dinners, fundraisers, etc.) but this was the epitome of taking something away from the regular folks of BBN and that's not cool AT ALL. Again, I've said this alot lately, but I'm not Pollyanna. I know you have to raise money. But if that's the case, schedule a scrimmage with another school (like Duke or UCLA), make THAT a NIL event for both schools then split the proceeds. I mean, there's a great deal of rich UK and Duke alumni that would pay to see that.

I mean, Cal for all his faults, took the BW game to EKY and let the proceeds from the TV money and sales go to flood victims. Invited a hard working coal miner to come to the game with his family. Whether that was all for show or not, doesn't matter. Everyone who wanted to see that game was able to. Pope needs to address this a bit. This was not a popular decision and they couldn't have made what they wanted to for NIL.

Yeah, I cannot STAND elitism in this fanbase. That's not who we are. BBN is for EVERYONE that bleeds blue. Heck, we even let opposing fan bases talk amongst us as long as they are respectful. The one thing that grinds my spices like a pestle and mortar is when parts of our fan base acts like they are better than others because they are either one, UK alumni, or two, financially well off. Neither makes you more or less of a fan than those who are third generation fans or even new fans from the hollars of WKY. There are countless numbers of us who have laughed and cried with our team, have jammed a finger playing backyard hoops wearing a UK jersey (pretending we were our favorite player or playing for our childhood coach), buried family with UK gear, sat up nights with a sick loved one watching a game with them so they'd have company, etc. From Kentucky Bend to Elkhorn City, we are ALL BBN, and the elitism is disgusting.
Yes! I agree do a special NIL event and scrimmage with another school. There is a hell of a lot more common folk UK fans than there are rich ones I promise you that.

Reactions: bbncal02
I know, I dreamed of getting here when I started and now it feels like nothing. I used to think if I could make $20 an hour I could live nice but that’s baseline poverty now.
Yeah, I'm working another job while still looking to get back in tech. It makes 26/hour and that still feels crappy. What the hell happened?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah, I'm working another job while still looking to get back in tech. It makes 26/hour and that still feels crappy. What the hell happened?
That’s honestly not too bad it just sucks man. Everything is so expensive. My visit to my general practitioner was $326 the other day, just to get prescription refills and a checkup.

That’s honestly not too bad it just sucks man. Everything is so expensive. My visit to my general practitioner was $326 the other day, just to get prescription refills and a checkup.
Woof. Does you insurance not have a copay?

And no the pay isn't awful, but the hours and the labor are rough. Hours aren't guaranteed either sadly. Not sure if the boss cares much for me either, but, I'm just trying to survive while I keep looking.

Woof. Does you insurance not have a copay?

And no the pay isn't awful, but the hours and the labor are rough. Hours aren't guaranteed either sadly. Not sure if the boss cares much for me either, but, I'm just trying to survive while I keep looking.
Nope high deductible plan. I have to reach 10,500 for the year before they start covering.

I make low six figures and that ain’t anything anymore.

I'm same boat but wife doesn't work so you divide that by 2 and it isn't that impressive for me. I work in finance and payroll management so it's super stressful at times so who knows if my anxiety can handle another 25 years of this until I hopefully retire.

I'm same boat but wife doesn't work so you divide that by 2 and it isn't that impressive for me. I work in finance and payroll management so it's super stressful at times so who knows if my anxiety can handle another 25 years of this until I hopefully retire.
Me as well. I fell you I have bad anxiety and I can’t get any good medications because of my history. It sucks. I don’t even have a problem with those type meds but doctors don’t care.

The money for tickets isn't much of an issue here, but my problem is I live out of state, and how expensive it would be to go and stay overnight plus 4 tickets. It's just a lot for the B/W scrimmage and I always enjoyed watching it on TV. My son too.

Gotta fund those NIL deals. You see, the concept of athletes having freedom to allow their name, image, or likeness to be used for advertising or promotional services in exchange for compensation has now transformed into universities inventing new ways to milk the fanbase for money to fund pay for play recruiting deals.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re doing what they think they need to do in order to be competitive in this new era. So be it.

But that doesn’t mean fans have to agree to participate. I would argue it would be best if they had a ton of unsold tickets to demonstrate to those making these decisions that fans will not accept being fleeced. This whole NIL landscape ultimately depends on fan interest. Piss off the fans, and it will all crash.

Me as well. I fell you I have bad anxiety and I can’t get any good medications because of my history. It sucks. I don’t even have a problem with those type meds but doctors don’t care.
Yeah, my anxiety sucks as well. And has been off the rails in the past two months due to my job stuff. Add in my favorite time of year every four years (elections.....I hate it.....constant political bs on tv) and it's just been awful. Hope it settles for both of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT