ADVERTISEMENT

Blackout for UK vs. Vandy

Nice to release that on the Thursday before the game. It's too bad they didn't have a bye week to plan something like this.

The NIL organizations should stand in front of the entrances and sell t shirts similar to the boy scouts at Kroger.

Reactions: BigBlueFanClub
Isn’t that half of Vanderbilt’s color combination, Black and gold?
Only at UK would we see a Blackout for a game against a team that has the color black in their uniforms. The Vanderbilt players will look up into the crowd and think they're playing a home game.

Reactions: phunterd
I always love how some fans are so anti things like this. While yes, it’s a little late to put it out, it adds to the atmosphere of the game.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
Isn’t that half of Vanderbilt’s color combination, Black and gold?

Only at UK would we see a Blackout for a game against a team that has the color black in their uniforms. The Vanderbilt players will look up into the crowd and think they're playing a home game.

That was my initial thought as well. However, the nice thing is a lot of teams do "black outs" now, so it isn't quite the same.

More importantly, by doing a black out for Vandy, if their fans show up wearing black, it adds to the look instead of detracting from it... as opposed to the BBN blue section messing up the "stripe out" Ole Miss was trying to pull off (and did pretty well except for the UK fans). So, maybe the perfect opponents for black outs are Vandy & MIZZOU?

I don't mind a blackout but it is pretty incredible that they waited this long to announce it. How hard is it to plan this shit out in advance? Penn St announces their white out game before the season starts.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I lean towards the chrome helmet with the anthracite uniforms; however, the blue helmet and the blue pants should look very sharp! The uniforms don't matter to me so long as we win. GO CATS!!

So does this mean UK is wearing all black unis? Usually the road team wears white so that could make sense. Generally when schools do this type of stuff the home team wears the same colors with whatever the color out is for the fans. But UK never seems to do it correctly.

I actually think all black with white helmets looks pretty sharp or at least it does on NCAA25

So does this mean UK is wearing all black unis? Usually the road team wears white so that could make sense. Generally when schools do this type of stuff the home team wears the same colors with whatever the color out is for the fans. But UK never seems to do it correctly.

I actually think all black with white helmets looks pretty sharp or at least it does on NCAA25
Blue helmets, pants and gloves; and, black jerseys and shoes! GO CATS!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT