ADVERTISEMENT

Blackmon ???

Does he still have eligibility?

851686_137.gif

There is no news on any of these players, only pure speculation. I've never seen anything like what we are witnessing these last 10 days. I've all but given up on predictions and have decided to just wait and see. Hell, I don't even care to see more posts about new portal entries or "been contacted by UK".

Call me when they've committed, officially. Until then, meh.

There is no news on any of these players, only pure speculation. I've never seen anything like what we are witnessing these last 10 days. I've all but given up on predictions and have decided to just wait and see. Hell, I don't even care to see more posts about new portal entries or "been contacted by UK".

I kind of feel like you do in regards to seemingly every new portal guy being brought up on this board. But, on the other hand, this would normally be a rather dead news time of year so it's kind of UN reading about different guys and talking about them and how they might fit Pope's style.

It is not JUST UK. There are 100's of players in the portal, several teams contacted are contacting these players. It is just like recruiting out of high school, meaning it is a slow moving process. For all of the hundreds of players and teams, you only see maybe one or two commits a day ALL schools combined. With the deadline coming up, things SHOULD start moving faster, guys picking their next school. It is a long waiting game on who they decide to sign with, definitely takes some patience to follow. We are fine, we need a lot of commits, but there is still lots of quality guys at all different levels from stars to role players still available.
Hell look at the McNelly situation, he is the highest ranked high school kid uncommitted, he hasn't made a decision yet either.

If Memory serves James was never truly happy with his decision after he picked UK. Wasn't there rumors he was going to transfer every year? I assume this Blackmon is James son.

When James Blackmon was a freshman at U.K., the other guards were Jim Master, Dicky Beal, and Roger Harden. Pretty stiff competition.
When Blackmon was a sophomore, Ed Davender came in as a freshman and had more ppg than Blackmon. Harden and Davender both had more minutes than Blackmon that year.
Same when Blackmon was a junior. Davender more ppg than Blackmon; Harden and Davender both had more minutes
Blackmon never averaged double figures ppg. Davender averaged 15 ppg as a junior.
Blackmon was probably disappointed with all of that, given his hype coming out of high school. But maybe not.

The SEC player of the year was a guy from northern Colorado, Mahaney is wanted by uconn, that should tell you a lot, Blackmon is a guaranteed 15 ppg
Tells me Uconn needs a hole filed . Big difference between a hole filer and a difference maker . Blackmon is not good enough to play in the SEC unless a team signs him as the 12th man

Amen brother.

Why people seem to think u can’t transfer from a small school to a big one and not be a difference maker I’ll never understand. We had proof on our own team with Reeves. He didn’t have the 5 star pedigree but still proved to be better than most.

Reactions: Catfan2226

I'm with ya Dude!

Reactions: TheDude73
I’ve heard he didn’t want to come here. I get it, Perfectly understandable for a kid to want to cut a different path than his dad.

That’s where I am
I read up on the players AFTER they commit

I guess, though, the positive side of all this or that player has been contacted posts is that Mark and staff are working hard…you know, actually doing the job they were hired to do.

Reactions: BigTyrone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT