ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self's Jailhawk AA Team...

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
That's "All-Assault" of course, with special points for battering women, though permanently damaging another human through violence will also get you considered.

While there was lots of competition, here's my "Felonious First Five."

Point Guard: Arterio Morris. It is hard to argue against the selection of a guy already charged with punching out a woman WHEN SELF RECRUITED HIM -- a charge he recently pleaded guilty to. The deal was clinched when he became an accused rapist at Kansas.

Shooting Guard: LaGerald Vick. An investigation by Kansas University confirmed that he punched a woman. Of course, that did not stop Self from playing him. Also suspected of being one of five players accused of a sexual assault in a dorm room that got swept under the toupee.

Forward: Josh Jackson. This is a lifetime achievement award. After being one of five Jailhawks linked to the sexual assault in a dorm, he was accused by a female basketball player of threatening to 'smash her face' then was charged in an unrelated leaving the scene of an accident. Since leaving Kansas, he's been charged with assaulting a cop, getting a FIVE-MONTH OLD girl high by smoking so much marijuana in her presence she became disoriented, and hit with rape allegations, including one in which civil charges were filed in August depicting a brutal attack.

Forward: Carlton Bragg. Shortly after a woman accused him of assaulting her, Self decided no punishment was in order. Shortly after that, he was busted on drug charges. His behavior became so embarrassing that even Kansas couldn't look the other way, and he was forced to transfer. At New Mexico, he was swiftly charged in another sex assault case, and ultimately kicked off the team after being busted for DUI and drug charges.

Center: Silvo DeSousa. Immortalized in the classic photo of him smashing a chair over a defenseless opponent during a game, DeSousa's real claim to fame was knocking a man's eye out when the guy tried to stop DeSousa from harassing a woman outside a bar.

There are several other Bill Self recruits who could challenge for a place on this team, but this is my personal selection of his AA Squad.

And Jailhawk fans wonder why the NCAA charged him with loss of institutional control -- of course that mostly had to do with his proven lying and cheating.

Last edited:
Joseline Hernandez Facepalm GIF

That's "All-Assault" of course, with special points for battering women, though permanently damaging another human through violence will also get you considered.

Point Guard: Arterio Morris. It is hard to argue against the selection of a guy already charged with punching out a woman WHEN SELF RECRUITED HIM -- a charge he recently pleaded guilt to. The deal was clinched when he became an accused rapist at Kansas.

Shooting Guard: LaGerald Vick. An investigation by Kansas University confirmed that he punched a woman. Of course, that did not stop Self from playing him. Also suspected of being one of five players accused of a sexual assault in a dorm room that got swept under the toupee.

Forward: Josh Jackson. This is a lifetime achievement award. After being one of five Jailhawks linked to the sexual assault in a dorm, he was accused by a female basketball player of threatening to 'smash her face' then was charged in an unrelated leaving the scene of an accident. Since leaving Kansas, he's been charged with assaulting a cop, getting a FIVE-MONTH OLD girl high by smoking so much marijuana in her presence she became disoriented, and hit with rape allegations, including one in which civil charges were filed in August depicting a brutal attack.

Forward: Carlton Bragg. Shortly after a woman accused him of assaulting her, Self decided no punishment was in order. Shortly after that, he was busted on drug charges. His behavior became so embarrassing that even Kansas couldn't look the other way, and he was forced to transfer. At New Mexico, he was swiftly charged in another sex assault case, and ultimately kicked off the team after being busted for DUI and drug charges.

Center: Silvo DeSousa. Immortalized in the classic photo of him smashing a chair over a defenseless opponent during a game, DeSousa's real claim to fame was knocking a man's eye out when the guy tried to stop DeSousa from harassing a woman outside a bar.

There are several other Bill Self recruits who could challenge for a place on this team, but this is my personal selection of his AA Squad.

And Jailhawk fans wonder why the NCAA charged him with loss of institutional control -- of course that mostly had to do with his proven lying and cheating.
Also suspected of being one of five players accused of a sexual assault in a dorm room that got swept under the toupee.

One of the best I have ever read.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I would expect some our of rivals to use this tactic when talking about Kentucky basketball. Our fans come off looking jealous and petty by posting stuff like this, even if it is true.

Gotta be a little careful when talking about KU SHOOTING guards. Just sayin'. Speaking of which.....you might need an honorable mention for the knuckleheads who were shooting coeds out of a dorm window with a pellet gun. And don't forget the Snoop Dogg and Pole Dancers! Classy program you have there, Bill.

shooting-the-office.gif

Point Guard: Arterio Morris. It is hard to argue against the selection of a guy already charged with punching out a woman WHEN SELF RECRUITED HIM -- a charge he recently pleaded guilt to. The deal was clinched when he became an accused rapist at Kansas.

Well, if they're in AA, we should respect their anonymity.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
I would expect some our of rivals to use this tactic when talking about Kentucky basketball. Our fans come off looking jealous and petty by posting stuff like this, even if it is true.
OMG UK fans actually pick on another team that’s just horrendous😱

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk

What? This isn't just being talked about by Kentucky fans. It's a widely realized problem of Kansas: they can't stay away from criminal basketball players. Bill Self has been playing talent catch-up for 15 years now, Aside from Wiggins and Embiid, he's largely been chasing Kentucky, Duke and UNC for talent. That means scraping the bottom of the barrel. That means taking chances on talented-yet-mentally-flawed guys, in hopes they pan out.

And let our rivals try the same. Lets see.. We got a Derek Willis DUI... and a John Wall trespassing incident from highschool at a construction site lol.. Our most problematic player under Cal wouldn't even sniff the top10 list of Kansas players.

I would riot if Cal let those **** nuts in here.

What? This isn't just being talked about by Kentucky fans. It's a widely realized problem of Kansas: they can't stay away from criminal basketball players. Bill Self has been playing talent catch-up for 15 years now, Aside from Wiggins and Embiid, he's largely been chasing Kentucky, Duke and UNC for talent. That means scraping the bottom of the barrel. That means taking chances on talented-yet-mentally-flawed guys, in hopes they pan out.

And let our rivals try the same. Lets see.. We got a Derek Willis DUI... and a John Wall trespassing incident from highschool at a construction site lol.. Our most problematic player under Cal wouldn't even sniff the top10 list of Kansas players.
Did Willis officially get charged with the DUI? That's about the one thing Cal did personnel wise I was not overly thrilled about- but I think Willis learned from it and straightened his butt up. He came pretty close to being tossed off the team I have a feeling.

Did Willis officially get charged with the DUI? That's about the one thing Cal did personnel wise I was not overly thrilled about- but I think Willis learned from it and straightened his butt up. He came pretty close to being tossed off the team I have a feeling.

Willis could have been a lot better. He had all the talent and potential in the world. 6’9. Handle, vision, athleticism, shooting.

By his own admission, he did not take basketball or his conditioning as seriously as he could have till his senior year.

But when Cal finally replaced Gabriel with him in the starting lineup we immediately got better. Willis averaged like 12/6 and 2 blocks a game as a starting power forward. Those are really solid numbers. He was still in over his head against that unc front court unfortunately

But he has been the best floor stretching 4 we’ve had in the last 7/8 years probably.

Edit: after PJ. I forgot about PJ

You forgot to mention the Josh Jackson case where he beat the shit out of a Ford Focus
and threatened to do the same to the owner. I believe she was a basketball player as well.

I know, there is so much to keep track of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT