ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self

it pays to cheat
The higher ups at Kansas are like that nasty Jurich guy that was at UL. Win at all cost and give your cheating coach a huge raise and basically tell him anything goes. It’s shameful and why I hate college sports anymore. Self is such a slime ball.

It would be so disappointing being a Kentucky fan. Y’all follow the rules while your rivals like Kansas Dook and UNC get to blatantly cheat.

It isn’t fair. I’d prob stop watching the sport if I was faced with this inequity

Ok But my point really was: why continue playing a rigged game? I’d bow out rather than constantly deal with cheaters. I’d stop playing cards on FRI nite if I knew my friends were cheating me

Woah there lol. I’m not claiming it’s anything special yet. Just nice to make a bowl game again and see a few wins. Given what it was, any coach who can take it and make it a winning record even in a terribly down B12 deserves billions with a “B” lmao.
No I get it I’m just saying that if your claim is that football is the reason that Self got paid I think that’s…tenuous lol.

He got paid for winning basketball games. By whatever means necessary.

You can cheat like KU and UNC and win a championship!! 4 or 5 years down the road get a slap on the hand and carry on like all is great. Last time we cheated we got a 2 year ban on tv and the tournament. My how times have changed!!

This is simply amazing. If this doesn't tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about the character of Kansas basketball, I don't know what else could. I used to kinda respect Kansas. Kinda being 'cousins' of UK basketball with the Rupp ties. But, in this past decade or so, I've lost all respect for the Jailhawks. To me, their pattern of crap behavior has surpassed even UNCheat's. Coming off of Level 1 violations?? Kansas is a sewer program, and apparently rewards that behavior. Shameful.
Level 1 accusations, not violations. Let's not be revisionist.
And "kinda being cousins"? Kansas/Phog Allen is directly responsible for our program. It never ceases to amaze me the contortions some of us go through to revise that. The same at UNC. You knock them, you're knocking family, and it's a petty look.
Fact is, they paid their penalty... which was consistent with other IARP rulings. The sour grapes of some here... despite regaining the all time wins... and controlling our destiny in that regard... is laughable.
For me the world is right again. It was important they vacated those games. We'll get our opportunity against them next week.

• Haha
Reactions: SemperFiCat
And "kinda being cousins"? Kansas/Phog Allen is directly responsible for our program. It never ceases to amaze me the contortions some of us go through to revise that. The same at UNC. You knock them, you're knocking family, and it's a petty look.
Fact is, they paid their penalty... which was consistent with other IARP rulings. The sour grapes of some here... despite regaining the all time wins... and controlling our destiny in that regard... is laughable.
For me the world is right again. It was important they vacated those games. We'll get our opportunity against them next week.
Damn, you love you some Jayhawks.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
You sure you're on the right board, friend? Might as well write a sonnet. If Kansas and Kentucky are "family", Kansas is felon Uncle Joey that everyone hopes doesn't come to Thanksgiving.

What is the incentive not to cheat now? I know everyone, for the most part, does shady things but they had this guy dead to rights and nothing.
Yanking down a final four banner is something. It should have been much worse, but it could have been much less based on the history of the NCAA and punishing its favorite pets

Reactions: ACTSEAN
It would be so disappointing being a Kentucky fan. Y’all follow the rules while your rivals like Kansas Dook and UNC get to blatantly cheat.

It isn’t fair. I’d prob stop watching the sport if I was faced with this inequity
But then if all the UK fans stopped being UK fans, whose board would you post on?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT