ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self

Does anyone expect more from the Kansas University administration?

* They said nothing as a string of Self recruits -- at least six, not counting the five who 'witnessed' the dorm rape - were charged with battering women while on campus.
* They rewarded Self with a lifetime contract after he was charged with lying and cheating and the program was cited with loss of institutional control by the NCAA.
* They looked the other way when Self signed Arterio Morris after he was charged with assault in Texas.
* They said nothing when Morris pleaded guilty to that charge then got busted for rape in Lawrence.
* They were silent when the NCAA's surrogate stripped the school of a FInal Four banner and forced it to forfeit games because of cheating.

Anyone who expects anything but shoddy, disgraceful behavior from KU is a fool.

Last edited:
100% a move to pay our football coach. Apparently was a nonstarter to have Leipold make more than Self, so increasing Self’s pay was the primary way of making sure we can continue this little run of football success.
KU, a football school lol.

KU, a football school lol.
Woah there lol. I’m not claiming it’s anything special yet. Just nice to make a bowl game again and see a few wins. Given what it was, any coach who can take it and make it a winning record even in a terribly down B12 deserves billions with a “B” lmao.

Reactions: kujhawk001
it pays to cheat
Well, Kansas just made Bill Self the highest paid college basketball coach in history —-
which disproves the old adage that cheaters never prosper.
His program just underwent a 4-5 year investigation for continual and blatant cheating (on FBI tape) in recruiting, had to forfeit 20 or so games, and has had criminals all up and down his roster for years. KS is rightfully proud and thus properly rewarded him for his efforts.

Well, Kansas just made Bill Self the highest paid college basketball coach in history —-
His program just underwent a 4-5 year investigation for continual and blatant cheating (on FBI tape) in recruiting, had to forfeit 20 or so games, and has had criminals all up and down his roster for years. KS is rightfully proud and thus properly rewarded him for his efforts.
The hilarious thing about the universe is that no matter how unfair it all seems now, the universe always comes to collect on what it is owed.

Don’t worry, it all catches up. KU will eventually find that out and so will Bill Self.

Until then, better lay down some pillows for that fall.

• Haha
Reactions: rabbitTown
This is simply amazing. If this doesn't tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about the character of Kansas basketball, I don't know what else could. I used to kinda respect Kansas. Kinda being 'cousins' of UK basketball with the Rupp ties. But, in this past decade or so, I've lost all respect for the Jailhawks. To me, their pattern of crap behavior has surpassed even UNCheat's. Coming off of Level 1 violations?? Kansas is a sewer program, and apparently rewards that behavior. Shameful.

Oh cheaters prosper in Murica all. the. time. We glorify and worship it in this country.

For those bitching about Cal's "lifetime" contract, Self actually has one of those. Every year it extends into a new rolling 5 year contract.
Yep...that is a true Lifetime Contract. I always said from the beginning that it was terrible name to use for the 10-year contract that Cal received. There is so much misinformation around the details simple because UK called it a Lifetime Contract.

Reactions: ukcatz12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT