ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest night of the year for UK Basketball

I was listening to the audio clip in another thread where he admitted that he'd been watching the waltons and Little House instead of preparing for the SEC tourney.

In a separate quote, he said that he had recently taken a good look in the mirror, and wondered "how'd this happen?!?!?"

He just digs his own holes.

Shut your cakehole, John.

I’m so excited for Cal tonight, this is him at his highest level, he is so happy to help Wallace join the Million Dollar Club. Cal did this, without Cal Wallace might not even get drafted. Such a proud papa moment, I expect to see Cal cry talking about his guys.

I’m so excited for Cal tonight, this is him at his highest level, he is so happy to help Wallace join the Million Dollar Club. Cal did this, without Cal Wallace might not even get drafted. Such a proud papa moment, I expect to see Cal cry talking about his guys.
don't forget the awkward side-hugs and high fives.

awkward-high-five.gif

I mean...in recent years there haven't been really any big nights, so it's been more true lately I guess.

This night is a far cry from 2010’s five 1st rounders or 2015’s four lottery picks.

If this is how Cal measures success, then he needs to take a long look in the mirror and wonder what he is doing wrong, because he isn’t getting it done in this aspect of the job either.

If he is going to concentrate on getting guys to the next level before they leave, if that is his purpose, then he needs to do better at that. Out of the 11 guys on last year’s squad he helped one of them become a first rounder. That’s not a great stat. Maybe two more will get drafted.

He is failing at that part of his job as well.

I’m hoping that with Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Dillingham that will change and that the winning returns with the talent.

Right now, he is failing on all fronts.

And the biggest problem is, he doesn’t seem to have any fire. There’s no passion for it anymore for him. He seems like he is just going through the motions.

He needs to either find that fire or step away.

Right now he is just treading water, so to speak.

In Cal’s mind anyway. It’s all about tonight. Not wins, losses, or championships.

In other news, Willie Cauley-Stein played wide receiver.🤣. I’m a critic of Cal, but this and the Little House on the Prairie comments/jokes have been beat to death.

Is this the part we're we ask who's getting drafted off next seasons roster? Is Dilli 1 and done?

I like watching the NBA Draft more than I do the games. It's interesting to see which/why teams draft a certain player. Do you go need, or best available, etc.

I was listening to the audio clip in another thread where he admitted that he'd been watching the waltons and Little House instead of preparing for the SEC tourney.

In a separate quote, he said that he had recently taken a good look in the mirror, and wondered "how'd this happen?!?!?"

He just digs his own holes.

Shut your cakehole, John.
He’s lost it, we sure the hell play like he’s been watching Netflix all day instead of coaching.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
This actually could be a humongous night for Kentucky basketball. If Oscar goes undrafted, even if it might be a small chance, UK could get Oscar back. Yes. I know. Just because that could be an avenue doesn't mean he'll take it. It could be just as likely he's done with college no matter what.

This actually could be a humongous night for Kentucky basketball. If Oscar goes undrafted, even if it might be a small chance, UK could get Oscar back. Yes. I know. Just because that could be an avenue doesn't mean he'll take it. It could be just as likely he's done with college no matter what.

He is done with UK.

I have a real good sativa called Unicornz. Some kinda new fangled hybrid. 😆
In CA with wife on a trip. Had a great dinner last night at a cool spot in the desert. Everyone at the bar was just straight up blazing. Got some good edibles.

I’ve been sticking to the delta 8 gummies back home in KY. I’m sure we’ll legalize it at some point. Probably 2052 or so.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’m so excited for Cal tonight, this is him at his highest level, he is so happy to help Wallace join the Million Dollar Club. Cal did this, without Cal Wallace might not even get drafted. Such a proud papa moment, I expect to see Cal cry talking about
This night is a far cry from 2010’s five 1st rounders or 2015’s four lottery picks.

If this is how Cal measures success, then he needs to take a long look in the mirror and wonder what he is doing wrong, because he isn’t getting it done in this aspect of the job either.

If he is going to concentrate on getting guys to the next level before they leave, if that is his purpose, then he needs to do better at that. Out of the 11 guys on last year’s squad he helped one of them become a first rounder. That’s not a great stat. Maybe two more will get drafted.

He is failing at that part of his job as well.

I’m hoping that with Wagner, Edwards, Bradshaw, and Dillingham that will change and that the winning returns with the talent.

Right now, he is failing on all fronts.

And the biggest problem is, he doesn’t seem to have any fire. There’s no passion for it anymore for him. He seems like he is just going through the motions.

He needs to either find that fire or step away.

Right now he is just treading water, so to speak.
Such a big night I’m not even watching. Cal does everything but his job
You're not making any sense. The team reached it's ceiling this year as far as I'm concerned. It was full of players who were only slightly above average college players with a few exceptions. Under Cal's coaching, Cason Wallace was selected 10th in the draft. Most NBA draft experts predicted he would be picked later than that.
Cal clearly did his job. That's especially true when you look at the players he has recruited for next year's team.

I may have missed it, but they didn't even show Cal, no video of him, nothing. And they did some interviews with coaches like Scheyer (go figure) and Dan Hurley, so it's not like they weren't doing that.

And knowing Cal, and how much this apparently means to him I'm a little surprised. As someone who was kind of let down by Cason, in a failed year.. I wonder how much desire Cal had to make his presence known.

I may have missed it, but they didn't even show Cal, no video of him, nothing. And they did some interviews with coaches like Scheyer (go figure) and Dan Hurley, so it's not like they weren't doing that.

And knowing Cal, and how much this apparently means to him I'm a little surprised. As someone who was kind of let down by Cason, in a failed year.. I wonder how much desire Cal had to make his presence known.
They showed Cal. Quit making stuff up. They did not interview him though. They also went on about how Kentucky guards are a sure pick.

They showed Cal. Quit making stuff up. They did not interview him though. They also went on about how Kentucky guards are a sure pick.

Did you not read the first few words of my post?

I just find it odd that there was no interview of him for Cason, and whatever they did show of him, had to have been brief, as I watched probably 80% of this thing (and still am).

I mean...in recent years there haven't been really any big nights, so it's been more true lately I guess.
It IS true, because that's what he's made it. He told us this in 2012, but nobody wanted to believe it.

Cal has a lot less guys in the green room lately.

Without World Wide Wes to recruit them and Robic to coach them us Cal is a shell of his former self.

I bet you waited all year just to take this shot at Cal.

Why do you think these kids come to UK? Do they come because they love UK? Our awesome fans who rip apart anyone they can? Cal?

No, they come here because there is a billion dollars a year being paid out to FORMER UK players in the NBA. Cal is a recruiter and this is Cal talk for, “come to UK and we will make sure we get you drafted and paid.”

Reactions: jauk11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT