ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z instagram story ...

Cal didn’t play enough Jordan Burks and Big Z.. Jordan has tones of potential and he is very coachable.

Would be great for both parties if they stay one more year at Kentucky.

How long do you think before all those NBA pictures come down?

I’m fine w touring NBA guys but it should be pictures of them while in UK uniforms. And title pictures
We were putting guys in the NBA before Cal, and we'll put them in after him. I mean listen to Walker talk about that 96 team, 9 pros. No need to take it down, time to add to it.

We were putting guys in the NBA before Cal, and we'll put them in after him. I mean listen to Walker talk about that 96 team, 9 pros. No need to take it down, time to add to it.
When you’re trying to change the culture, you don’t want NBA to be the focal point.

Yeah, we have always produced pros and will continue to. The point was you can still showcase those guys while it’s posters of them during their UK days. Not in Clippers jerseys etc. The recruits and players know all those guys played here. They don’t need to see it daily in their practice center setting the tone as “that’s your goal” on a day to day practice standpoint.

You want to have an NBA wall, you do that in the wildcat lodge. You do that in a hallway of the practice facility w a wall of fame type thing or a lounge. But between the lines of the court it should be all about Kentucky and Titles.

When you’re trying to change the culture, you don’t want NBA to be the focal point.

Yeah, we have always produced pros and will continue to. The point was you can still showcase those guys while it’s posters of them during their UK days. Not in Clippers jerseys etc. The recruits and players know all those guys played here. They don’t need to see it daily in their practice center setting the tone as “that’s your goal” on a day to day practice standpoint.

You want to have an NBA wall, you do that in the wildcat lodge. You do that in a hallway of the practice facility w a wall of fame type thing or a lounge. But between the lines of the court it should be all about Kentucky and Titles.
This is a great point and I hope they change that display heading into memorial. Enough with the NBA stuff.

I haven't seen this posted yet, but why do you think Z is holding up two fingers? I know peace could be one reason, but what about two years?

Could also mean "2 schools"
Could also mean "2 coaches"

Only Tom Hanks from the DaVinci Code could figure this one out

Reactions: Fox2monk
He didn’t intentionally set out to do it, but he threw the season for sure with all the dumb shit he did. All the injury game playing and the lack of continuity, incoherent rotations, favoritism. I’ll never forget, Rob balls out in a loss to Tennessee and the next game will be the first with a full roster, finally. Nope, Rob is out. He’s sick, but he’s sitting on the bench with the team. That shit was a god damn middle finger. I could tell about a minute and half into the Oakland game we were done. Just a listless performance. So tight and nervous too.
Me too, I was sick to my stomach. Here we go again. Dude is hitting 30 footers and we have no idea why again? It’s 18-15 with 11 minutes past and we aren’t playing the right rotations and not running or shooting 3’s. Infuriates me.

Me too, I was sick to my stomach. Here we go again. Dude is hitting 30 footers and we have no idea why again? It’s 18-15 with 11 minutes past and we aren’t playing the right rotations and not running or shooting 3’s. Infuriates me.
The moment was surreal I couldn't believe it as I watched already predicting if he did exactly what he did we would lose and there he was doing it. We couldn't stop the train wreck we all saw coming because CCC is CCC.
He even said at halftime hey we're fine we're getting the ball inside while we were getting smoked by threes nonstop and he was playing 3 non shooting bigs at a time.
I honestly believe he thought hey I need better defense and that will lead to better offense and that means 3 bigs and don't worry bout shooting.......
Or he threw the game on purpose, paid to lose also

The moment was surreal I couldn't believe it as I watched already predicting if he did exactly what he did we would lose and there he was doing it. We couldn't stop the train wreck we all saw coming because CCC is CCC.
He even said at halftime hey we're fine we're getting the ball inside while we were getting smoked by threes nonstop and he was playing 3 non shooting bigs at a time.
I honestly believe he thought hey I need better defense and that will lead to better offense and that means 3 bigs and don't worry bout shooting.......
Or he threw the game on purpose, paid to lose also
He may as well have threw it on purpose the way he was playing.

The Oakland game was one of the most uninspired examples of coaching I have ever seen. That type of mentality and attitude is contagious to a young team. It really showed, and the team was playing tight too. I am ready to get back to our roots and charting a different course than the one we were on.

He may as well have threw it on purpose the way he was playing.
I remember us "Bennies" on here talking about those exact details before the game was even played saying if CCC does this we're done.
CCC could have literally came on here and got a game plan better than his own!!!!!!!!!
I believe he knows the difference he just wanted to shove " his" players and authority in our faces and didn't believe there would be repercussions because he made UK.

How long do you think before all those NBA pictures come down?

I’m fine w touring NBA guys but it should be pictures of them while in UK uniforms. And title pictures

Every athlete that plays the game wants to play at the highest level. Why would you take those pictures down. These guys came through Kentucky basketball. If I were a high school recruit I would be impress to see those NBA guys on the wall. Kentucky is a top 5 program and should have top 5 classes each year. The problem with Cal was he was not that good of a coach. You don't stop recruiting 5 star athletes.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueVoodoo
It was the banked 3 for me.

If anything is a bad omen, an albatross, the death tarot card, or red sunrise, it's a freakin' banked 3. We're cooked if someone makes one.

Every athlete that plays the game wants to play at the highest level. Why would you take those pictures down. These guys came through Kentucky basketball. If I were a high school recruit I would be impress to see those NBA guys on the wall. Kentucky is a top 5 program and should have top 5 classes each year. The problem was Cal was not that good of a coach. You don't stop recruiting 5 star athletes.
Already explained it.

Every program has a wall or room that you showcase the pros. Kentucky football also does. That’s not the point.

We have and always will produce pros. The recruits know who those guys are and it’s cool to showcase it in someway/somewhere.

You can do that while connecting it/centering it around their time at UK. Sure, off the court highlight some nba pictures and draft night photos of our big names…it’s a recruiting selling point. But in the practice facility on the court, from an enforcing winning culture standpoint, the focus should be on Kentucky and building towards championships. “Play like a champion today” mentality. When you’re between those lines you aren’t focused on your individual goal of the NBA. That isn’t why you’re practicing in that moment. The messaging in the gym should be all about the university and team goals. Not day dreaming about the nba or draft projections. Those things take care of themselves if you put the work in but it shouldn’t be the daily focus of the program and from a psychology standpoint the message in the gym should be about immediate goals.

Messaging matters. Time and place matters. We can do both. Nothing wrong w showcasing the NBA side of the program. It’s one of their goals. But if you’re trying to build a culture of winning first, Kentucky first then the psychological messaging in the gym should be team centered or pictures of the pros in Kentucky jerseys.

The messaging shouldn’t be that time in the gym is all draft prep workouts and that’s the ultimate daily goal. Instead it’s a byproduct result of the team goals. Counter to what the culture has been where it’s the individuals goals first and winning is hopefully a byproduct of that (per Cal himself)

Gotta keep the troops focused on the mission at hand during training. Your mind has to be in the right place pointed at your desired endstate.

Last edited:
Reactions: jbne222
Already explained it.

Every program has a wall or room that you showcase the pros. Kentucky football also does. That’s not the point.

We have and always will produce pros. The recruits know who those guys are and it’s cool to showcase it in someway/somewhere.

You can do that while connecting it/centering it around their time at UK. Sure, off the court highlight some nba pictures and draft night photos of our big names…it’s a recruiting selling point. But in the practice facility on the court, from an enforcing winning culture standpoint, the focus should be on Kentucky and building towards championships. “Play like a champion today” mentality. When you’re between those lines you aren’t focused on your individual goal of the NBA. That isn’t why you’re practicing in that moment. The messaging in the gym should be all about the university and team goals. Not day dreaming about the nba or draft projections. Those things take care of themselves if you put the work in but it shouldn’t be the daily focus of the program and from a psychology standpoint the message in the gym should be about immediate goals.

Messaging matters. Time and place matters. We can do both. Nothing wrong w showcasing the NBA side of the program. It’s one of their goals. But if you’re trying to build a culture of winning first, Kentucky first then the psychological messaging in the gym should be team centered or pictures of the pros in Kentucky jerseys.

The messaging shouldn’t be that time in the gym is all draft prep workouts and that’s the ultimate daily goal. Instead it’s a byproduct result of the team goals. Counter to what the culture has been where it’s the individuals goals first and winning is hopefully a byproduct of that (per Cal himself)
Agree totally! I say replace those with team pictures of every UK championship season, just blow them up bigger to replace the NBA pics. And put those in the wall way into the practice facility somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT