ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z a "Half-and-Done"?

They come to leave and we act surprised when they do.

I, for one, have subscribed to the notion of expecting them to leave and then be extremely happy if someone decides to return.

It’s working better for me than screaming at kids to get off my lawn.
Just don't shove their names and NBA stats in my face after they've left, when they didn't do squat when they were here. The only ones I have any respect for are the ones who led the program to a Final Four or title. The rest can remain nameless.

Edit: guys like Z and the one years back who was ruled ineligible are exceptions to me because some other process prevented them from being able to contribute.

We HAD one and done talent in recent years and were not a top program. The coaching, or lack of, waa the problem. No one HAS to live with the way anything is done. That's why we have opinions, protests, lawsuits, votes.
You misunderstood my post. Cal did not invent players being able to go to the NBA any time they meet the NBA's minimum age. Cal could not stop players being able to go to the NBA any time they meet the NBA's minimum age requirements if he wanted to. We play under the same rules as all the other NCAA teams so we will either have players who have a choice about when to go the NBA or we will have players who do not have that choice because they lack the talent. There are only the two options so we have to pick one; we can't just invent new options.

You misunderstood my post. Cal did not invent players being able to go to the NBA any time they meet the NBA's minimum age. Cal could not stop players being able to go to the NBA any time they meet the NBA's minimum age requirements if he wanted to. We play under the same rules as all the other NCAA teams so we will either have players who have a choice about when to go the NBA or we will have players who do not have that choice because they lack the talent. There are only the two options so we have to pick one; we can't just invent new options.
I never said he invented it. Other teams play under the same rules as UK. It's the coaching that was the problem. It was the "come here and we'll hide you" that was the problem. "We will even let you exploit the fans goodwill by advertising your practice session" was a very big problem. You assumed what I understood about your post.

I never said he invented it. Other teams play under the same rules as UK. It's the coaching that was the problem. It was the "come here and we'll hide you" that was the problem. "We will even let you exploit the fans goodwill by advertising your practice session" was a very big problem. You assumed what I understood about your post.
okay then, coaching is something we have control over; one and dones is something else

Just don't shove their names and NBA stats in my face after they've left, when they didn't do squat when they were here. The only ones I have any respect for are the ones who led the program to a Final Four or title. The rest can remain nameless.

Edit: guys like Z and the one years back who was ruled ineligible are exceptions to me because some other process prevented them from being able to contribute.

It's sad you feel this way about Dan Issel, Prince, Bogan, Rondo, etc, as well. They never led the program to a final four or title. Are they nameless too?

Just for kicks, Z likes it here and decides to return as does Sheppard along with Hart, Burks and Thiero

Reactions: G-PIP

So you don't respect Wall, Cousins, Fox, Monk, Bam, Murray, SGA, Patterson, etc.?

Those guys gave everything they had to the program and have been great ambassadors for our university since they left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT