ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z a "Half-and-Done"?

Just enjoy the ride.

But we gotta make it count this year. FF at the very least and even that might not feel good enough with a couple vets in Reeves and Tre. Plus talent like Dilly, DJ and Reed. Then a frontcourt of O, Z and Bradshaw. Could lose the lot after this year so it's now ir never. With Theiro and Edwards we go 10 deep of guys who can all play 20+ if needed. AM and UNCW need to be leasons learned. Time to ride.

Just enjoy the ride.

But we gotta make it count this year. FF at the very least and even that might not feel good enough with a couple vets in Reeves and Tre. Plus talent like Dilly, DJ and Reed. Then a frontcourt of O, Z and Bradshaw. Could lose the lot after this year so it's now ir never. With Theiro and Edwards we go 10 deep of guys who can all play 20+ if needed. AM and UNCW need to be leasons learned. Time to ride.
A Final Four will feel damn good. I obviously wanna win it all but a F4 feels fantastic.

That would be better than the None and Done or the original 1/2 and done....The Dragon. lol

Z will go down as a favorite if this season is #9.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Z has probably always been the least likely to stay of anyone tbh. Even if he doesn’t have a good year he could easily just go back overseas and play pro in a more familiar environment before making the jump to the NBA

You’d really hold it against the kid if he left after going through what he’s gone through and being pro ready? Tough crowd. Kid deserves better from the fans in my book.

Our fans think it's all about them. They also love the memories of guys who didn't win a title in 3 or 4 seasons but hate the guys who stay one year and don't win it.

Reactions: chroix
Steak of the draft, he’s 7’2’’, with ball handles, can run the floor, can space the floor, can consistently knock down the 3, can block shots…… what more can you want?

That would be better than the None and Done or the original 1/2 and done....The Dragon. lol

Z will go down as a favorite if this season is #9.
He will be an all time legend if we win #9 and he plays like this. The would we be undefeated had Z been eligible all along will live in infamy.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Steak of the draft, he’s 7’2’’, with ball handles, can run the floor, can space the floor, can consistently knock down the 3, can block shots…… what more can you want?
Definitely the prototypical NBA stretch 4/5 now. Like Chet and Victor.

They come to leave and we act surprised when they do.

I, for one, have subscribed to the notion of expecting them to leave and then be extremely happy if someone decides to return.

It’s working better for me than screaming at kids to get off my lawn.

Last edited:
I have no ill feelings towards John Wall, Brandon Knight, Fox and Monk, SGA, etc. play hard and play well for UK and you have my support, I don’t demand championships or otherwise….
100%. Come in, have a great freshman season and go get drafted in the lottery. Go for it, you earned it.

Likely if he continues the same level-
The draft overall is not that strong- Dillingham also on the list just ahead of him-

Sorry... I'm one of those that hates that Cal has turned Kentucky into one and done central. I miss the days of having kids who want to play for Kentucky; not just play for themselves and a fast trip to the NBA.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Sorry... I'm one of those that hates that Cal has turned Kentucky into one and done central. I miss the days of having kids who want to play for Kentucky; not just play for themselves and a fast trip to the NBA.
Well, you probably would not be happy with a team without one and done type talent playing against others that have that type of talent because we would no longer be a top program.

So unless you can invent a time machine you will have to live with the way things are in the present.

Those days are never coming back here or anywhere else.

Cal didn't make the one and done rule either. Uk fans expecting players like Wall, cousins, ad, fox, etc to stay more than one year is crazy to me. You can add Reed to that as well as he will probably leave.

I guess we could let those guys go to other top programs and see what happens.

All the players at the top programs want to get paid a ton of NIL. It is what it is.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Well, you probably would not be happy with a team without one and done type talent playing against others that have that type of talent because we would no longer be a top program.

So unless you can invent a time machine you will have to live with the way things are in the present.
We HAD one and done talent in recent years and were not a top program. The coaching, or lack of, waa the problem. No one HAS to live with the way anything is done. That's why we have opinions, protests, lawsuits, votes.

Reactions: FltDoc
Those days are never coming back here or anywhere else.

Cal didn't make the one and done rule either. Uk fans expecting players like Wall, cousins, ad, fox, etc to stay more than one year is crazy to me. You can add Reed to that as well as he will probably leave.

I guess we could let those guys go to other top programs and see what happens.

All the players at the top programs want to get paid a ton of NIL. It is what it is.
Yep, I have never had a problem with the sure-fire lottery picks coming here for a year and moving on. It's the dudes that come here hell bent on being one and done, play nothing like that and feel like it's their birthright to leave after one year anyway that grind my gears.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT