ADVERTISEMENT

Best rock concert youā€™ve attended

It's not too late to get out and hear live music, especially at the smaller venues. JUST DO IT !! You'll be hooked !! šŸ˜Ž
Don't know where you live but the Brady Center in Cincinnati is the coolest one I have been to. The floor is just standing and then 2 balconies but even in the last row you aren't far back. Pricy though because of that. I paid $170 each for Pixies a few months ago for seats. Was thinking about Kings of Leon but the cheapest seats are $250 each.

2006 got to see breaking Benjamin and seether in a small bar in Louisville. Was originally supposed to be at bogarts but had a change of venue last minute.

Saw The Clash at Kent State University in 1980. Very small campus venue.

Saw The Pogues in 2010 in Detroit at a very small theater.

Saw The Clash open for The Who in a sold out Pontiac Silverdome in 1980.

Saw The Whoā€™s return to Cincinnati at TQL stadium in 2022. Very emotional to say the least.

It's not too late to get out and hear live music, especially at the smaller venues. JUST DO IT !! You'll be hooked !! šŸ˜Ž
Great Acts & x-tremely small venues:

If you know Lexington, there's a building between High and Vine. It used to be a dive bar. I think they tore it down years ago and for a long time there was a Kinkos there. Anyway, it was a dive in 70 and Blue Oyster Cult played there before they got known. I'm not sure if their first album had even been released. Audience of 50. Tops. Here's an example of how old timers can remember stuff from 50 years ago and can't remember what they had for breakfast: I remember they played a cover of the Stones' It's Not Easy and the Yardbirds' I Ain't Got You.

A few years ago, there was a restaurant just off Southland that wanted to host music. The Blasters played there. I don't know how many of the patrons had paid to see them. 75 people in the place. That includes staff. Great show. You have to be of a certain age to have heard of them. Around 1980 they were one of the first Americana bands.

Nellie McKay played a set at Natasha's near the Kentucky Theater. She was a 9 day wonder back in 2004. Even won a Grammy. We saw her around (guess) 7 or 8 years later. Maybe more.

Reactions: megablue
Great Acts & x-tremely small venues:

If you know Lexington, there's a building between High and Vine. It used to be a dive bar. I think they tore it down years ago and for a long time there was a Kinkos there. Anyway, it was a dive in 70 and Blue Oyster Cult played there before they got known. I'm not sure if their first album had even been released. Audience of 50. Tops. Here's an example of how old timers can remember stuff from 50 years ago and can't remember what they had for breakfast: I remember they played a cover of the Stones' It's Not Easy and the Yardbirds' I Ain't Got You.

A few years ago, there was a restaurant just off Southland that wanted to host music. The Blasters played there. I don't know how many of the patrons had paid to see them. 75 people in the place. That includes staff. Great show. You have to be of a certain age to have heard of them. Around 1980 they were one of the first Americana bands.

Nellie McKay played a set at Natasha's near the Kentucky Theater. She was a 9 day wonder back in 2004. Even won a Grammy. We saw her around (guess) 7 or 8 years later. Maybe more.
YES !! Small venues with independent artists on the way up provide many opportunities to enjoy very memorable shows. Shows I've seen with less than 100 folks are too numerous to mention, but include:
Silvertide, Monte Montgomery, Sturgill Simpson, Maktub, Jompson Brothers, Nektar, Caravan, Glenn Tilbrook, Los Lonely Boys, Charlie Hunter, Ronnie Baker Brooks, Marbin, Dex Romweber, Umphrey's Magee, Snarky Puppy, J D Simo ... just to name a few off the top of my head.

I went to a place I think was called Busters over by Rupp that was really just a bar and saw Cage the Elephant, Manchester Orchestra and Silversun Pickups. That was a really good lineup for such a small place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT