• Kraftwerk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scorpions

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
From the list, it’s AC/DC for me.

To add a little obscure foreign flavor, I nominate Rose Tattoo (Australia), Annihilator (Canada) and Lost Society (Finland).

I like Neil Young and Rush a great deal. I think Triumph had a short period where they were very good. AC/DC had Bon Scott though
Love AC/DC but Phil Rudd is the only true Aussie in the band. Bon Scott and the Youngs were all born in Scotland. Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams (bass) are English. That's why I didn't vote for them.

Neil Young is my favorite out of those listed. I like Van Morrison a lot too.

Best is subjective. U2 would be the easiest to make a good case for.

Love AC/DC but Phil Rudd is the only true Aussie in the band. Bon Scott and the Youngs were all born in Scotland. Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams (bass) are English. That's why I didn't vote for them.
So, the best non-British or American rock band is British. My earlier point. It would then be Rush for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSmith21
AC/DC
Rush - Neil Peart is a bad man. Best drummer to ever bang the skins. Just so technical it is not even fair. Everyone else is playing for second.

Reactions: Blueisbest
I like all those bands except U2 and Krfatwerk... voted ACDC

OTHER!!

3000.jpg

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
I'm absolutely positive that I'm going to get crushed for this, and I'm fine with that.

Neil Young is at the top of that list.

Personally, I can't stand the prick. But his body/quality of work, dwarfs everyone else (excluding other, because I don't feel like getting into other, I'm just sticking with who was listed)

I prefer his Crazy Horse stuff, but a lot of it his other music stands on it's own, and CSN was blech until he took the helm.

Like I said, I'm sure I'll take some punches, but I stand by it.

I'm absolutely positive that I'm going to get crushed for this, and I'm fine with that.

Neil Young is at the top of that list.

Personally, I can't stand the prick. But his body/quality of work, dwarfs everyone else (excluding other, because I don't feel like getting into other, I'm just sticking with who was listed)

I prefer his Crazy Horse stuff, but a lot of it his other music stands on it's own, and CSN was blech until he took the helm.

Like I said, I'm sure I'll take some punches, but I stand by it.
Prick for sure but he has some great songs. Cinnamon Girl, Mr. Soul, Cortez the Killer, The Needle and the Damage Done, Thrasher, and many many more. Years ago I bought the Decades double cd at a yard sale for $5 in mint condition. Score!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT