ADVERTISEMENT

Best Netflix Series?

Lot of great shows mentioned in these last few posts. Loved Bloodline all the way through. Peaky Blinders was jaw-dropping for about 4 seasons then faded or I kind of got tired of it... probably because I watched going into 4 practically non-stop. I'm furious they aren't going to make another season of Mindhunter - that was another one I binged all the way through.

Not Netflix but HBO's first two episodes of Stephen King's "The Outsider" that were directed by Jason Bateman were spectacular then it fizzled. Similar thing with "The Preacher" that I didn't watch season 2 of.

Jason Bateman has had a hot hand since "Arrested Development" and of course the spectacular "Ozark" that has been mentioned a bunch here.

. I'm furious they aren't going to make another season of Mindhunter - that was another one I binged all the way through.
Damn, I was curious about that. Very surprised that didn’t get picked up again thought it was great. Had a lot left imo

It was pretty dead last time I checked. All the main actors no longer under contract and Fincher not very hopeful. I just looked again and it looks like there is a faint pulse because the show does have a following so while it isn't dead it is probably still not very likely.

I liked “Occupied.” It’s a Norwegian political thriller with the premise of Russia “softly” invading to “help” them start back up oil production. It’s from the perspective of the Norwegian side trying to fight back while totally outmatched by Russia’s occupying force.

The “German Band of Brothers” was also on there and I enjoyed it. Medal of Honor series is good too.

Billionaire Bad Boys of India was pretty good.

Reactions: entropy13
Lot of great shows mentioned in these last few posts. Loved Bloodline all the way through. Peaky Blinders was jaw-dropping for about 4 seasons then faded or I kind of got tired of it... probably because I watched going into 4 practically non-stop. I'm furious they aren't going to make another season of Mindhunter - that was another one I binged all the way through.

Not Netflix but HBO's first two episodes of Stephen King's "The Outsider" that were directed by Jason Bateman were spectacular then it fizzled. Similar thing with "The Preacher" that I didn't watch season 2 of.

Jason Bateman has had a hot hand since "Arrested Development" and of course the spectacular "Ozark" that has been mentioned a bunch here.
I loved the first 2-3 seasons of Arrested Development but it slowly lost it's witty charm for me.

I loved the first 2-3 seasons of Arrested Development but it slowly lost it's witty charm for me.
I watched a lot more than that because Jason Bateman is quirky kind of like Nicholas Cage was in his earlier years and I like him in pretty much anything he does. He's also an extremely underrated director and I think in the years ahead he will turn out some great movies to go along with his already stellar work in television. Also, the guy that plays the magician on AD cracks me up and I think stole the series every time he was featured.

I'm on episode 4 of Mindhunter .. its OK , but damn " best ever " worthy ? I'm not feeling it yet .

The first season of The OA was one of the most intense and interesting pieces of television I have ever seen.

Ozark and Stranger Things are also amazing.

I loved the OA. It’s in the top 3 for me. Very intriguing and shows rarely captivate me like that. With that said, I don’t know that others would feel the same. There’s a specific part I’m thinking of that other folks would prlly find cheesy and stupid. It involves dancing. Was heartbroken when it got canceled.

Other than that, the answer has to be Ozark. I’ll throw Stranger Things up there but sci fi heavily led by children isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Dead to Me is 30 min episodes and goes by fast. I enjoyed it. Peaky Blinders is great….but not on Ozarks level. Bloodline is extremely slow. Almost to the point that I hesitate to suggest it to others. But it is just as suspenseful as Ozark, if not more.

I usually gel pretty good with the IMDB rating system and “Dark” was a show that had high ratings that sparked my interest. Very highly rated. Couldn’t get past the first 15 min. Anyone seen this and would recommend giving it another try?

Reactions: chroix
Mad Men was great too and the channel doesn’t matter to me. Just putting names out there. Has anyone watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? Did u like it? I enjoyed it a lot.

Cuties. 🤣

In all seriousness, my top ones are as follows.

1. The Last Kingdom
2. Stranger Things (jumped the shark a bit, but still really good)
3. Cobra Kai
4. Squid Game
5. Ozark
6. Bloodline
7. Occupied

Reactions: UK_fanatic
Mad Men was great too and the channel doesn’t matter to me. Just putting names out there. Has anyone watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? Did u like it? I enjoyed it a lot.
Well the title of the thread is Best *Netflix* series ya dumb shit, but list what you want I guess.

Well the title of the thread is Best *Netflix* series ya dumb shit, but list what you want I guess.
Wow you really take this seriously don’t you.? You must be the dumb shit for feeling you have to follow instructions to the T on something as simple as this topic is. Unreal. Happy New Year pards.

Sopranos
Succession
Deadwood
The Wire
Bosch
Goliath
M.A.S.H
Cheers
Unsolved Mysteries
Miami Vice
The Simpsons

/bigbluedon

I split the cost with my dad. Old geezer tries to skimp out on his payment sometimes so I change the password until he coughs up the dough. Blood pressure medicine or streaming heavenly programming, old man. Make your choice.

Ozark.

I resisted "Making a Murderer' for a long time but my goodness it was riveting when I finally succumbed.

Season 1 of "Glitch" is very good for anyone looking for a sleeper. Australian TV show about people coming back from the dead (not zombies) has some great twists and is very well made.

Not a Netflix show but so you understand my taste "True Detective" Season 1 is the greatest Television show of all time.

seeing the goddess and most perfect woman, Alexandra Daddario, nude, makes it the greatest show

It’s several years old but the Leah Remini series on Scientology: The Aftermath has me hooked.

Cobra Kai
Narcos
Punisher
The Witcher
Bad Blood
Another Life

If you have Prime and like hard sci-fi, try The Expanse. Great show.

Reactions: entropy13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT