Best Christmas Song of All time - Auld Lang Syne Region - subregion 1

Choose between each

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

funKYcat75

All-American
Apr 10, 2008
Free Mash
This month we will be selecting the best Christmas song of all time. After hours of research and very fortunate Google searching, the top 64 Christmas songs in history have been chosen, placed into regions based on when they were first written and composed, and seeded as such. Using the Billboard Top 100 Holiday rankings from the previous nine years, averages were figured and used as the method of seeding in each region. This is mad scientific, y'all, and much more valid than the candy polls of days gone by.

You will be asked to vote for your favorite out of the matched up songs, meaning choosing four songs during the first round.

Today we start with the oldest of Christmas carols and songs from the years 1650 through 1919. As there was no Billboard top 100 during those years, their top ranked rendition from modern times is the one used for seeding. Feel free to visit the links below to hear the songs in case you are not familiar. I would embed videos, but it might be too many for the board.

Please enjoy.

1 Seed - Deck The Halls -
versus
16 Seed - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -

8 Seed - The First Noël -
versus
9 Seed - Up On The Housetop -

5 Seed - Silent Night -
versus
12 Seed - Joy To The World -

4 Seed - We Wish You a Merry Christmas -
versus
13 Seed - Carol Of The Bells -

Either Mel Blanc doing "Blue Christmas" as Porky Pig or "Walking 'round in women's underwear."

It's November 2nd...

scrooge-i-hate-people.gif

My wife is putting up Christmas decorations today so this doesn't seem too early to me. She does a very tasteful theme decoration before each of the 4 seasons and for Christmas. She's very talented at decorating, I think.

I mowed the lawn for hopefully the last time this year and now I'm finishing up blowing out the sprinkler lines for winter. I may help the wife a little after that, but for most house chores I'm extremely incompetent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT