ADVERTISEMENT

Bell out as Reds manager

People are blaming the front office and the timing of this is weak for sure. They ought to figure out why the hell everybody stays injured on this team, and why we don’t make moves needed to get over the hump.

However, they always seemed to get off to really slow starts with him and frankly they are fundamentally weak in many ways. That’s on him.

So, another manager may help some but the front office isn't helping.

Reactions: warrior-cat
People are blaming the front office and the timing of this is weak for sure. They ought to figure out why the hell everybody stays injured on this team, and why we don’t make moves needed to get over the hump.

However, they always seemed to get off to really slow starts with him and frankly they are fundamentally weak in many ways. That’s on him.

So, another manager may help some but the front office isn't helping.
Front office is awful. And I agree, Bell needed to go, but so does the entire medical and training staff. I know all teams experience injury issues and such, but the constant year in and year out parade to the IL the Reds have is ridiculous. I honestly can't recall the last time the Reds actually fielded their assumed opening day lineup in it's entirety for more than a game or two.

If there's anything I want from a manager, it's not playing musical chairs with the lineup day in and day out. That can't help the batting averages. I also don't want any more pulling starters in the fifth after they give up a hit or a walk or two after going strong for four and still having a reasonable pitch count. Let some of these guys work out of their jams and don't tax the bull pen regularly.

Bell needed to go without question but the ownership is still the same so it will be the same thing this time around. Who can we hire for the cheapest amount possible regardless of the product on the field? I have no confidence that they will hire anyone better than Bell. Bell's biggest issue was his schizophrenic decision making including random lineups with people playing out of position and the head scratching pitching changes.

First Calipari and UK for a new coach. Now, the Reds looking for a new manager. The Bengals should get rid of Taylor as well to complete the tri-fecta of my teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT