ADVERTISEMENT

Astounding stat: UF's backup QB averaged 40 yards per completion

Mar 30, 2024
Or just underneath 40 yards. You can't tell me this defense didn't mail it in after the Vandy game. Either that or we were exposed tonight and have been very lucky thusfar. If Walker knew what was best for him, he wouldn't play another snap the rest of the year. I'm sure he's too much of a competitor for that to happen though.

Or just underneath 40 yards. You can't tell me this defense didn't mail it in after the Vandy game. Either that or we were exposed tonight and have been very lucky thusfar. If Walker knew what was best for him, he wouldn't play another snap the rest of the year. I'm sure he's too much of a competitor for that to happen though.
I mean, who can't (other than Vandergriff) throw to wide open receivers with eight seconds to throw? Lagway was awful unless he was throwing to receivers that were 5+ yards away from their nearest defender. The QB3 threw a 15 yard pass (and their receivers can actually catch). Anyone who has ever played football could have duplicated most, if not all of those throws. Nico is gonna throw for 400 yards if our DBs play like they did tonight. Ole Miss hit on a couple, but they should have hit on more. Also, Florida was allowed to hold with impunity, but I could not have played worse than our DBs did tonight.

I feel like we’re underselling Lagway quite a bit to just label him a backup when he was the #1 QB recruit in the country according to some services. He’s still a bit raw, but the physical tools are obviously off the charts.

Still, that was a terrible performance by our defense. I thought we stood a chance at making him uncomfortable and just never consistently did. Their running back hurt us quite a bit too even though stopping the run is usually one of our strengths.

I feel like we’re underselling Lagway quite a bit to just label him a backup when he was the #1 QB recruit in the country according to some services. He’s still a bit raw, but the physical tools are obviously off the charts.

Still, that was a terrible performance by our defense. I thought we stood a chance at making him uncomfortable and just never consistently did. Their running back hurt us quite a bit too even though stopping the run is usually one of our strengths.
40 yards per completion

So much for limiting big plays, huh? And, I didn't think we changed our defense very much last night. We didn't all of a sudden start bringing pressure or stunt or much of anything. Seemed like we played the same scheme every down last night and their staff was smart enough to exploit it.

Reactions: CrimsonCats

And we end up with disposable QBs discarded from better teams. Thanks, Stoops.

Never seen anything like it. QB threw as far as he could and their WRs ran under it while our DBs were running down the field with their finger up their ass.

I'm 77 years old, been watching UK football since the mid-1950s I've never seen a UK QB start his passing career 0-6. Rolling Boley out there was a disgraceful embarrassment, just added to the humiliation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT