ADVERTISEMENT

Being "sluggish" had nothing to do with yesterday

They were not sluggish yesterday. They simply did not play well on offense.
I agree,the skill guys might have played o k but they never got the chance,Johnson was too busy trying to stay alive,Snell had a guy sitting in the'hole' he was supposed to run thru.

Coaches,players and fans had a week to live with the UF game,it would seem to me(and I played 2 sports a long time ago) that the coaches and players would be busting a gut to play another game and put the last one behind them.EMU was a decent team but they were out manned just about everywhere.

We got the win so good for us and we move on,but at some point we have to look ourselves in the mirror and say that was a sub-par performance if you are trying to put last weeks game behind you

Also, if Freddie Maggard starts hyping Missouri going into this game, I'm officially done with him and the KSR Football podcast.

I get it. Every team has some good players. But there is ZERO reason for UK not to blow the doors off a very bad Mizzou team in Lexington next Saturday.

I love Freddie, but damn......Southern Miss, EKU, and EMU are not teams that should give us trouble.

All 3 did I think you need to respect his opinions. He's right on I think you are afraid of his honesty because he turns out being right.

Our OLine is struggling for sure, but we are 4-1 headed into an imminently winnable game Saturday, which could make us 2-1 in the east. What a fortune time for a bye week thereafter and hopefully we can get set for the back side of our schedule . . . GBB

The OL is absolutely the weak link on this team and their poor performance is the biggest reason we have struggled to put teams away. Very few sustained drives in the 2nd half this year and struggling to get the run going at all. We’ve improved in every other aspect but the OL has regressed. They’ve been a major disappointment.

SJ with our skill guys has a ton of potential but it will never be realized if we can’t pass protect or run block. Schlarman really has his work cut out for him. I expect to see some improvement but I have doubts we’ll get to where we need to be. Our D and playmakers on O have the look of a 9 win team but the OL will limit our win total unless they really pull it together.

Need Young to lock in and be solid, SJ will get injured at some point if he keeps taking a beating like that which we really can’t afford. He has been one of our best players in spite of how little help he has gotten up front. A less mobile QB would have no chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT