ADVERTISEMENT

Be prepared to adjust your TV schedule for start of uk game

Had a friend when I was a kid killed by lightning playing centerfield, only a couple small clouds in the sky
Yep. Lightning is no joke. Been known to strike as far away as 10 miles on average. However it’s not unheard of them striking nearly 30-40 miles out in front of a storm. In fact the record is 477 miles away!
Is, that being said you can’t predict a strike easily and if you hear thunder you are close enough to be reasonable struck.

I’m sorry to hear about your friend.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Well SC looked like dog turds. Hopefully that’s an easy W.

Bama looks legit. Texas looks legit. Florida looked beatable. Missouri looked good. Tennessee looked good. Georgia looked like Georgia. Should be a fun year.

Hate it for the delay but thankful for the rain God is giving us .
I agree , but it hasn’t rained here at the stadium for 3 hours , maybe 4 . Yeah storms in the area . And we can’t play in the rain . Or no rain , and no I haven’t seen lightning or heard thunder since 430-5pm . Frustrating . If I felt unsafe I would be setting here with 1000s of others — on a nice note just watched D Walker sign a football for a young kid wearing his jersey . Players are walking around the front of the Nutter center just loafing … Ox listening to music .. dude is ripped .

Well SC looked like dog turds. Hopefully that’s an easy W.

Bama looks legit. Texas looks legit. Florida looked beatable. Missouri looked good. Tennessee looked good. Georgia looked like Georgia. Should be a fun year.

Sc should be a win. Should have been last year too. Hopefully UK doesn't screw around this season and wins going away.

Most of those teams played cupcakes so hard to say. UGA with an impressive win for sure.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I agree , but it hasn’t rained here at the stadium for 3 hours , maybe 4 . Yeah storms in the area . And we can’t play in the rain . Or no rain , and no I haven’t seen lightning or heard thunder since 430-5pm . Frustrating . If I felt unsafe I would be setting here with 1000s of others — on a nice note just watched D Walker sign a football for a young kid wearing his jersey . Players are walking around the front of the Nutter center just loafing … Ox listening to music .. dude is ripped .
It’s an NCAA rule; UK has to abide by it. They would get a HUGE fine if they didn’t. And if Gid forbid something did happen. People could be held liable or criminally negligent.

If they are going to adjust it by 30 minutes every time they hear Thunder they might as well just delay it till tomorrow. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: TM2013
Could we just do like baseball and schedule a doubleheader on the day of the georgia game?

I mean, we could win one of the games, right?

I dunno, but I was at a cleveland guardians game, and the rain delay lasted 3 hours....Lifehouse the band, was to perform free concert after the game. I ended up going back to the hotel without seeing them play and sold me ticket because it was rescheduled.

Reactions: bbncal02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT