ADVERTISEMENT

Be prepared to adjust your TV schedule for start of uk game

TucsonCat

Sophomore
Sep 10, 2022
South Carolina game is going to go long. Maybe a delay? Theres a 1/2 hour scheduled in betwen us and them, bu i think they blow through that. Anyway, be prepared to find ESPNNews or SECN+

They moved the Cat walk indoors because of lightning and they just announced there will be a delay in opening the gates.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the first quarter of game will be on somewhere else as we will miss at least that much on scheduled channel

Anyone know if the first quarter of game will be on somewhere else as we will miss at least that much on scheduled channel
UK just posted 2 minutes ago that they are still in a lightning delay so fans aren’t allowed on the stands yet and players can’t get on the field. This one is going to have a delayed start most likely.

Bullshit .. play the damn game . Then again with the thousands of people killed by lightning in football stadiums it’s so dangerous.. 🙄 in the history of football has it ever happened?

Bullshit .. play the damn game . Then again with the thousands of people killed by lightning in football stadiums it’s so dangerous.. 🙄 in the history of football has it ever happened?
I was just wondering if lightning has ever hit Kroger field?

1280px-Survivorship-bias.svg.png

Hell yeah. Release the masses!

Odds are low, but all it takes is once in these kind of situations. Rain is one thing....lightning? I mean you MIGHT survive a strike.....but you also might see Jesus.

UK just posted 2 minutes ago that they are still in a lightning delay so fans aren’t allowed on the stands yet and players can’t get on the field. This one is going to have a delayed start most likely.
Where? I can't find it on my app or on the u k radio network.

Oh my gosh .. rain .. cancel the event . We are so f”in soft
Stop being angry at life. If there's lightning in the area of a game that's played outdoors, there will be a delay. This isn't something new. Look up some videos of lightning strikes that have occurred near dummies out on their patio filming a storm nearby.

I swear, people online lose all common sense and go right to softness when they may need to wait a half hour lol.

Head over to Commonwealth and stand in the metal bleachers with a lighting rod and show us all how tough you are
Right? I love when people think lightning is just no big deal. I've been close enough to a strike to feel it and it was still a good distance away. The percussive force of the the shock is enough on its own to knock you off your feet. Can't imagine actually getting struck.

Looks like another cell is headed just north of Lexington that has some heavy precip and lightning. Bet this one is delayed by a good 30-45 minutes.

You're the site hero tonight. Thanks for relaying this. Go Cats!!!

I’ve set thru years and years of many types of weather .. it hasn’t rained here for over 2 hours .. it doesn’t even look like rain .
Evidently gates are open but they won’t let fans go their seats .. 730 as I post , no warm ups started , no movement , just disappointment and confusion. Seems like the admin can’t get info out . This isn’t a 30 min delay

I’ve set thru years and years of many types of weather .. it hasn’t rained here for over 2 hours .. it doesn’t even look like rain .
Evidently gates are open but they won’t let fans go their seats .. 730 as I post , no warm ups started , no movement , just disappointment and confusion. Seems like the admin can’t get info out . This isn’t a 30 min delay
The SC game still has to play the 4th quarter.

I get that, and trust me, I've been to many a game in all kinds of weather. Lightning is the one thing no one should play with.

This is the NCAA's rule:
  • Alert ring
    When lightning enters the 30-mile alert ring around the competition site, preparations should be made to protect spectators and student-athletes.

• Warning ring
    When lightning enters the 8-mile warning ring around the competition site, competition must be stopped and spectators and student-athletes must be moved to safe areas.

• 30-minute rule
    After the last lightning strike within the warning ring, no activity can resume until 30 minutes have passed.

Basically, if there's any lightning within an 8 mile area of Commonwealth, the clock resets for 30 minutes.

UK Athletics has bern putting info out non/stop. They have been doing a great job of updating imo.

South Carolina had a 45 minute lightning delay so that explains why it's running long. Game is tied going into 4th quarter and ODU is getting the ball back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT