ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball style hats...

*CatinIL*

All-American
Jan 2, 2003
Area 52
How many do you have? I have 12.
5 of them are StL Cardinals hats of different types and one StL Blues hat. Living in Louisville, the Blues hat gets the most comments. Plus 2 UK hats, one Keeneland hat and the other 3 are golf related hats.

About 50. Probably 35 UK caps, 10 Atlanta Braves, 4 Logan County High School (I am clock/scoreboard operator/announcer/DJ for baseball walkouts songs, football and basketball timeout and warm up music and 1 Aerosmith cap.

• Wow
Reactions: *CatinIL*
I usually get one a year, wear it all year long to work out in, and it’s so disgusting by the end of the year I retire it.

Reactions: chroix
About 50. Probably 35 UK caps, 10 Atlanta Braves, 4 Logan County High School (I am clock/scoreboard operator/announcer/DJ for baseball walkouts songs, football and basketball timeout and warm up music and 1 Aerosmith cap.
Honey...there's a guy on the message board that has 50 hats or more! Can I go get a few more?

NO!

🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
Honey...there's guy on the message board that has 50 hats or more! Can I go get a few more?

NO!

🤣

I need to edit - I also have a couple Tennessee Titans caps and an old style Cincinnati Reds "C"that I forgot about. Several years ago I started getting a couple MLB caps from teams with the goal of getting every team but I stopped playing softball so nixed that idea. Really don't remember what happened to all them. I had about a dozen. But I always have a cap on unless I'm at church or something where it's frowned upon wearing one.

Although they aren't really caps I have an old barber shop/Cat in the Hat blue and white striped monstrosity (it clashed with my checkerboard pants) that I bought in Memphis at an SEC Tournament back in the days of the Pyramid ('93?) and a foam Wildcat Head.

I need to edit - I also have a couple Tennessee Titans caps and an old style Cincinnati Reds "C"that I forgot about. Several years ago I started getting a couple MLB caps from teams with the goal of getting every team but I stopped playing softball so nixed that idea. Really don't remember what happened to all them. I had about a dozen. But I always have a cap on unless I'm at church or something where it's frowned upon wearing one.

Although they aren't really caps I have an old barber shop/Cat in the Hat blue and white striped monstrosity that I bought in Memphis at an SEC Tournament back in the days of the Pyramid ('93?) and a foam Wildcat Head.
You're my HERO!
😁

Ms *CatinIL*: You already have enough hats!
*CatinIL*: Not compared to BillyJoeCat!
Ms *CatinIL*: I want you staying away from BillyJoeCat!!!!!

😁

Stl. Cardinals (3)
Packers (1)
Columbus Clippers
Norfolk Tides (used to be the Tidewater Tides, and my grandfather played on a minor league team in Portsmouth that was a pre-cursor to them)
Montreal Habs
Toronto Maple Leafs
USAF Veteran
6913th Electronic Security Squadron (my unit in the Air Force)
Kentucky Wildcats (3)
Toledo Mud Hens (I like minor league baseball caps)
Legends
FC Bayern Munchen

(There are more...)

Reactions: natron20
I don't buy hats much these days. To hard to find ones that fit this big brainpan. I have an old UK hat that has seen better days. Use it mostly during yardwork when I expect to get dirty or sweaty.

I recently found a hat site online that has hats for larger heads. They didn't have any sports related hat I wanted so I got one that has a place for 2" x 3" patches (believe they are called tactical patches). So I ordered a number of patches off Amazon and I can swap them out for different occasions. It's like having dozens of hats in one.

Got some Air Force patches coming Sunday since I can't find any type of hats for veterans that fit me. Current favorite patch is a black and gray American flag with a Punisher skull over it.

Kentucky
Louisville Bats
Louisville City
Yankees
Roma FC
Penguins
Nets
Rams
Pirates
Notre Dane
Cubs

Four UK hats
Two Reds
Two Yankees
Jimmie Johnson - Lowe’s 48
Generic NASCAR
Lexington Legends (from inaugural season) with actual infield dirt on it
Best Dad
A few more that I can’t recall

I’ve thrown away more hats over the years than I can count. My stupid head only works with certain styles. If I lost a few pounds, I might wear them more often.

The only hats I would like to have back are matching The Game hats from 89-90. I had a blue and a white one. Perfectly worn in and fit like a glove. I see them on eBay from time to time, but I’m not dropping $70 for a used hat. I still don’t know how, but a damn cat pissed on them, so I got rid of them and the cat. (We were cat-sitting. I didn’t kill a cat over a hat.)

s-l1200.jpg

Have about 40 hats. All low profile style hats. Various combos of fitted and adjustable. Mostly UK and Dallas hats but have a few I like because of the logo, particularly Hillsboro Hops minor league baseball. Got a few gilligan style fishing hats as well.

I go in different phases of what kind of hats I get.
I Have several uk hats, minor league teams, reds
A lot of golf course hats, pga hats.

Lately I've been getting different horse racing hats. I have keenekand uk hats, specific race hats. But now I've started getting horse farm hats- like Saxony farms, Winstar, mill ridge, etc

Black UK 39thirty New Era

I usually have 1 favorite that I wear out. This one is one of my all time favorites. Perfect fit. No breaking in, great “mid” profile. It’s perfect.

My previous favorite was a low profile 47 Brand UK hat that everyone wears, and I did love it, but not big on low profile hats anymore.

Got a couple of those new UK Nike baseball hats. Man those things are modern and sweet af. I would love to wear those on the field compared to the 59fifty. HOWEVER, for casual sport fan use, I’m not entirely sure about them. The bill is like not shapeable? It’s just very weird, and the I don’t get the feeling it would ever really break in and form to your head like a 59fifty. But the lightweight feel is next level.

I've pared my collection down to 35 hats from over a hundred at one point.

UK hats too many to keep up with over the years.

Clempson, VPI, Ohio St, Michigan, Northwestern, Oklahoma St, Purdue, Georgia Tech, UVA, Allbarn, Texas and Utah hats given to me as gifts from various people at work who went to those schools.

Lots of high school hats collected from some of the over 300 high schools in Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, West By Gawd Virginia, and Florida where I've attended football games.

Multiple Atlanta Braves hats over the years.

Cowboys, Fins, Titans NFL hats.

Hats from various plastics processing and related equipment manufacturers.

• Love
I've pared my collection down to 35 hats from over a hundred at one point.

UK hats too many to keep up with over the years.

Clempson, VPI, Ohio St, Michigan, Northwestern, Oklahoma St, Purdue, Georgia Tech, UVA, Allbarn, Texas and Utah hats given to me as gifts from various people at work who went to those schools.

Lots of high school hats collected from some of the over 300 high schools in Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, West By Gawd Virginia, and Florida where I've attended football games.

Multiple Atlanta Braves hats over the years.

Cowboys, Fins, Titans NFL hats.

Hats from various plastics processing and related equipment manufacturers.
And I thought I had a lot of hats. You guys are making me look weak!

"Honey, I checked with the guys on the board and they all said I should get a few more hats..."

Ms. CatinIL: "I told you to stay off that message board!
*CatinIL*: :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
Don't really know how many all told. Checked what I have in the house and there are 36 hanging on a rack in the bedroom. In my wife's vehicles and mine, I have 10. I also have 5 in the shop (used when working out there) and then in the off shop (added on to the regular shop for storage) I have a few boxes of clothes and hats that I just can't get to right now. Most are sports hats (mostly UK) with some military logo hats, fishing hats, and snarky worded hats intermixed. I have a lot of hats in those boxes so...

I am shocked you guys have so many hats. I have 3. A UK hat that is old and I wear it for outdoor work, a St Louis Cardinal hat that is also an outdoor work hat and a military\patriotic hat for daily use. I got it just because I thought it would piss off libs.

2 UK
2 Bengals
1 Reds
1 old Lexington Legends
1 that I got free at a weed store in Colorado

Forgot to mention my minor league hats…

Pawtucket Paw Sox
Greensboro Grasshoppers
Hickory Crawdads
Asheville Tourists
Savannah Sand Gnats
Charleston RiverDogs
Sacramento River Cats
Greenville Drive
Richmond Braves
Tennessee Smokies
Chattanooga Lookouts
Daytona Beach Tortugas
Bluefield Orioles
Capitol City Bombers

Is there a better value in sports than minor league baseball? Especially with brats or loaded nachos, beer and some peanuts and more beer in the 7th inning stretch 😎

Probably 25 or so. 3 Titleist, 1 Taylor Made, 5-10 from different golf courses, several UK hats, some Bengals and Reds hats, several other MLB teams from coaching my son’s teams.

Been awhile since I bought a baseball style hat. I prefer the Australian style Boonie hats most days now.

I have about 25 or 30 but most don’t get worn much anymore. I have a varied collection, but I have found as I’ve grown older my preference for hats goes more towards mid profile compared to low.

I have a few UK hats, several Reds hats (75 and 76 World Series logo hats, a 1939 Crosley field All Star Game patch hat), Legends, Akron Rubberducks, Daytona USA, and some Cooperstown collection hats with vintage logos like the Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves, and Brooklyn Dodgers.

I’m hoping to start traveling a bit more, and one goal is to start taking a minor league road trip each year. Will plan on adding a hat from each home team we visit. Mid profile, of course.

Glad I’m not the only one who buys too many!

I have a confession to make. I have about 15 "dad" hats in some shade of navy blue or black...

And if I went to buy a hat tomorrow, Im probably coming home with a hat that is navy blue.

I even have Kentucky hates that are navy blue.

I have a confession to make. I have about 15 "dad" hats in some shade of navy blue or black...

And if I went to buy a hat tomorrow, Im probably coming home with a hat that is navy blue.

I even have Kentucky hates that are navy blue.
Most of mine are Navy, grey, or black. Goes with most anything.

Apology to make. After laughing at this neat little thread created by *CatinIL*, I also mentioned it to my wife. Well as the case with most wives they can remember lots of stuff we guys tend to forget. When I read her the little quip about his wife saying to stay off the message boards, she reminded me of some of the old MLB caps I had and knew exactly where they were in a box in a closet. I dug it out, opened it and said WOW !!

I need to update the official number list. It is well over double what I had "guesstimated". I have a total of 72 UK caps, hats or coverings. In addition to the Cat in The Hat thing and foam Wildcat head I also had 3 headband coverings with the basketball net, 2 from the high school and one that has KENTUCKY across it and a "sock hat" that looks like an old football helmet. I also had forgotten several all-star team caps from when I coached/was president of our local Little League. Also found I had more of the high school than I had remembered. I also had a couple Tommy Armour golf caps and caps from where I used to work. In all 118 😳😳😳

While I was like yikes, my wife also had an emoji face. Her's was like this [eyeroll][eyeroll][eyeroll]

I coach my kids in youth sports so I tend to get a hat for that season. I’ve got a lot of hats.

MLB- Dodgers, Angels 2x, Red Sox, White Sox, Reds
MILB- Bats
NFL- Pats, Bengals, Bills, Buccaneers, Cowboys
NHL- Ducks, Caps
NCAA- UK, FSU

I love hats but damn, $40 for a hat these days. Remember when the fitted ones were $22 to $24?

I usually get one a year, wear it all year long to work out in, and it’s so disgusting by the end of the year I retire it.
Have you tried washing them in the dishwasher? They make these things you put the hat on to keep its shape then you run it through the dishwasher cycle and they come out clean. Works like a charm.

I have about 50 hats, a handful of which are Boston Scalley type hats, but as far as baseball caps, I have quite a variety. Some from places I've visited, concerts, breweries, etc. I have about a dozen or so UK hats, My good lady wife bought me several different ones to match whatever I'm wearing better. Have a couple of Reds hats and a 49er's hat. I have my Dad's Steelers hat but never wear that since he passed. I also have the hat he was wearing when he actually passed away and I wear that only on his Birthday or the anniversary of his death to honor him.

Last edited:
I’ve worn the same pattern UK camo hat since the early 90s

The logo changed. Hat seems the same.

Camo matches everything.

Forgot to mention my minor league hats…

Pawtucket Paw Sox
Greensboro Grasshoppers
Hickory Crawdads
Asheville Tourists
Savannah Sand Gnats
Charleston RiverDogs
Sacramento River Cats
Greenville Drive
Richmond Braves
Tennessee Smokies
Chattanooga Lookouts
Daytona Beach Tortugas
Bluefield Orioles
Capitol City Bombers

Is there a better value in sports than minor league baseball? Especially with brats or loaded nachos, beer and some peanuts and more beer in the 7th inning stretch 😎
Nice collection! I would like to get a Toledo Mudhens and Durham Bulls hat. Your spot on on the value of those games. The St. Louis area has a team called the Gateway Grizzly's. Nice ballpark for a team that's not even Single A and food/beer was pretty cheap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT