ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball media day

Gary Henderson calls Evan White the best first baseman in America. Said he will start at first base but may play some outfield go get other guys in the lineup.

Henderson expects an increase in production from Connor Heady this season. Said he's gotten stronger and gained experience through summer ball. Said he's going to be a good player.

Media day got me feeling like:

200.gif

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018

I certainly hope we're going to be better than last year. We couldn't have been much worse, especially at short stop.

Heady turning it around would be amazing, but he has struggled a whole lot in his two years here. If he can turn into a decent hitter I will be pleasantly surprised.

Any way we could get some practice reports in the coming weeks? Not sure if there is much to see at the practices, or if you can even go, but I got the college baseball itch and it needs to be scratched. haha

Any way we could get some practice reports in the coming weeks? Not sure if there is much to see at the practices, or if you can even go, but I got the college baseball itch and it needs to be scratched. haha
I'll see what I can find out. I probably won't go but can ask around.

Meanwhile, here's the story posted on the front page discussing UK's starting pitching rotation going into the season. LINK

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Man, I've got the baseball itch something awful. I can't wait for March 2nd. Hopefully the weather gods will play nice.

A question on Heady though. Does he stay at short or possibly move to second? I had read/heard that Mahan was getting a lot of looks at short. The infield defense last year on the left side was beyond awful.

One more thing. What do you guys think the rotation will look like? Me, I'm thinking it will be Cody, Brown and Beggs in that order.

Man, I've got the baseball itch something awful. I can't wait for March 2nd. Hopefully the weather gods will play nice.

A question on Heady though. Does he stay at short or possibly move to second? I had read/heard that Mahan was getting a lot of looks at short. The infield defense last year on the left side was beyond awful.

One more thing. What do you guys think the rotation will look like? Me, I'm thinking it will be Cody, Brown and Beggs in that order.
My guess is Mahan will play short and Heady will play second.

As far as pitching rotation, I think they'll go Brown, Beggs and Cody. I should've asked Gary if he planned to change it at all.

I think the rotation will depend entirely on Cody. If he plays to his potential then he could be a Friday guy. However, if he still struggles like he did most of last year then I think the rotation looks exactly the same as last year.

At baseball media day. Gary Henderson giving his thoughts. Showed up a little late so will try to catch up and give updates.

Derek: I collect UK Baseball Media Guides. I am looking to obtain this years guide. Can you get me one, I am just a fan and Brent Ingram will not give me one.

My email is: gabecat@windstream.net

Please reply if you can help me.

Thanks,
Gabe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT