ADVERTISEMENT

Bart Torvik's projected stats for UK's 24-25 team

Speaking of projected points, I noticed this in the paper.

There are plenty of data points to cite from last season’s BYU team, though. The Cougars averaged 81.4 points per game and attempted 32 3-pointers per contest. There are also insights to draw from UK’s summer practices. The Cats have pushed the ball past half court in just three seconds, operated on offense with a 14-second shot clock and have stated the goal of attempting 35 3-pointers per game this season. But we still don’t really know what that will look like in action at Rupp Arena. Regardless, the pitch from Pope and company — along with a lucrative name, image and likeness (NIL) package — was enough to secure a commitment from Johnson before the fall.

Read more at: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/col...ecruiting/article291801595.html#storylink=cpy

I wrote this down on June 25th, TIFWIW:

Projected Scoring

Robinson- 11
Carr- 10
Brea- 10
Kriisa- 9
Oweh- 9
Butler- 8
Williams- 7
Garrison- 7
Almonor- 6
Chandler- 2
Perry/Noah/Walk-ons- 1
Total- 80

By positions:

PG (Butler/Kriisa)- 12
SG (Brea/Oweh/Kriisa/Perry)- 19
SF (Robinson/Oweh/Chandler/Noah)- 19
PF (Carr/Almonor)- 16
C (Williams/Garrison)- 14

I was thinking we would be a very balanced scoring team. I might raise Carr and Robinson now and lower Almonor and maybe Oweh a bit. And our total might be a little higher. I was being very conservative at the time since we hadn’t seen them play any together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT