ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart should make each freshman sign

A statement that Cal or anyone has not promised him he will start or playing time .

If he finds Cal has he should be fired for cause .
You’re gonna have to find a rule to break before you can consider it broken. At any rate, this is crazy talk.

You don’t need any additional reason.

If Cal was fireable,

at least if he was fireable by Barnhart,

then he already would have been fired long ago just for being Cal.

A statement that Cal or anyone has not promised him he will start or playing time .

You dummy! Haven't recruits always have said that Coach Cal doesn't promise any starting position or minutes. And that everything is earned when putting in hard work and that there are other talents on the practice courts and competing for minutes and all!

• Haha
Reactions: catfaninJaxFL

What of the player lies. You would think that would have leaked out from Roth the promised player or an disgruntled player

Calipari is a dead man walking. Don’t believe the nonsense. UK and their donors want to win as much as anyone, for proof of that? Take a look at the insane money we spend on coaches. It’s all you need to know.

What Kentucky did is not fully understand who John Calipari is and I’ve said this for years. They just don’t get him and he uses that.

He’s a really bad guy that’s why his reputation is as bad as it is. You NEVER trust Johm Calipari, and they did. They aren’t going to buy him out at that price and they had no idea he’d take the money and pull a scumbag move like he did. They thought he valued what all coaches do, their legacy. Calipari does NOT care about any of that. He’s always done what he does to prove points. It’s not about the kids, the fans, the legacy. It’s about him proving something to other people. He’s got issues with psychopathy and everything is about him.

That’s the mistake they made, trusting he values what all coaches value. He doesn’t.

The men in charge couldn’t get anyone to bail them out of the contract and Barnhart trying to get him removed would signal a huge failure on his resume before retirement.

This will not continue at the current pace. And whoever we hire within 24 months is going to absolutely love coaching here because of the bar to be loved has never been so low, just coach to win. How simple is that? This is going to be the next guys dream.

Calipari loves leaving places destroyed where they can’t recover because he wants it thought he was the only reason they had any success.

Agents control the entire game nowadays, so I think the reason Oats’ agent allowed that kind of buyout is to max his deal knowing UK wouldn’t open until that time. There’s no way Alabama had any leverage over that situation except to max him out and his agent allowed it because UK is his next stop and they all know it.

I also think the fact that he has a black wife really helps in this situation as UK is always gun shy of accusations. I’m not making it about anything on way or the other. But if you’re honest, you’ll admit those optics matter to UK.

Pay attention to the way Oats speaks toward UK and our base. I bet he’s going to have an extremely causal approach to our base and speak well of our program moving forward. He knows he’s the next coach at UK.

And UK must, absolutely, buy out Calipari’s “ambassador” nonsense which I think they will. The next coach is not going to want Calipari having any say in how this program is run. Calipari did not win enough to have any leverage over the program so I don’t think we have to
Worry about that. The buyout for that is around 1 million, so it’ll be easy to get away from
Him.
Seriously , I think the best way is to let him know he is not wanted here and to suggest he find another job. Similar to what Tubby did. There will be schools that would love to have his dog and pony show . Even if they only pay him 4 million a year then I think we owe him 2 million a year and not 4 . So that would be doable .

My guess is next season will get so ugly he will want to leave . The casual fan now knows he uses us as an NBA development league and every time he favors a non performing freshman Rupp arena will go crazy .

The national media is now all over the story and have been brutal in their comments particularly Cowherd . If Cal repeats favoring his prized freshmen and losing the national MEFIA will destroy what’s left of his legacy . It will be GHD national story that Keeps on giving .
I don’t relish this it is simply my prediction from being in positions where I dealt with the media on a daily basis .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT