ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart retirement

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
Not sure why everyone thinks Mitch is such a good AD.

He hired Billy G.
Had to get help to get Cal - he gets no credit for the early years.
Gave Cal the lifetime we a buried under
Pays Stoops a top 10-15 salary for not to 30-50 results
Paid the ladies coach way to much, and had to give her a lot to leave after destroying the program

If I had to choose Mitch or Cal, it's Mitch

Mitch is a good AD and we would have to search very hard for a replacement as good

I also could see him retire soon. Not to avoid making the decision, but so the next AD can hire their guy
We have a top 10 paid Men’s basketball coach, football coach and women’s basketball coach.

7-6 mid
7-6 mid
1 NCAA tournament win in 5 years
1 SEC tournament win in 4 years
3 losses in a row at Rupp(all time record)

I could go on all day.

Yep, he’s a real gem.

Ok, I won’t pretend to love Mitch. I don’t at all. But I’ve met the guy and talked to him a few times and he is super smart, level headed for the most part, and thoughtful. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he retired and gave new AD reigns to hire their “guy.” No clue if he will, but would not surprise me.

Overall, I think Mitch is a good Athletic Director for a University. our non-revenues have been competitive throughout his tenure mostly. We haven't had any major scandals and had upgrades of facilities all through the campus.

As others have pointed out. He hired Bily G and gave Cal the albatross contract. He didn't pull the trigger quick enough on NIL and alcohol sales. He overspends on coaches' contracts and is overly patient and in many cases that has bit the University in the behind. From a University President's standpoint, he's a pretty good AD. I say that to say, it's probably time for some new blood at UK. Not Dewayne Peevy, but someone else outside the UK Administration.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT