ADVERTISEMENT

Band of Brothers

Would like to watch this again soon. Been several years. The episode when they arrive at the concentration camp is one of the most emotional things you'll ever see in a show or film.

Reactions: hmt5000
Yeah I always watch memorial day weekend and now that it's on veterans day also hope more people watch because this is as good as it gets. 3miles up 3miles down

Reactions: parrott
Yeah I always watch memorial day weekend and now that it's on veterans day also hope more people watch because this is as good as it gets. 3miles up 3miles down
FIL helped liberate Buchenwald. Sad photos. Didn't want to much talk about it. He was in mobile medical unit that we'd call MASH today.

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
Band of Brothers and The Pacific are both great series.

There's a lot of excellent stuff on YouTube about BoB/Easy Company/Real guys .... a rabbit hole that's easy to get lost in.

And I find this YouTube channel to be pretty good too .... here are two video's illustrating two different scenes depicted in the series BoB, but there is at least one more on the Crossroads.

Anyway ... in case you're looking for more stuff on these guys. All of them extremely humble, but all of whom deserve our sincerest gratitude.

BOB is the best thing I’ve ever seen on a TV. Love it. I’ve watched it through about 12 times. Maybe more.

A while back I absolutely went crazy studying and reading as much as possible about Easy Company. Read so many books written by the men of E Company.

Found some info with phone numbers and addresses of these men. I talked to many of them on the phone. It was so awesome. They loved telling their stories:
- Wild Bill Guarnere
- Babe Heffron
- Donald Malarkay
- Buck Compton
- Edward Shames
- Frank Perconte
- Edward “Tip” Tipper

These guys were hero’s. The conversations were just so cool. By far the best two calls were Babe and Wild Bill. Funny guys, loved talking, and still got emotional talking about their brothers who died over there. Have some letters from some of them as well.

Awesome show.

Also, just another note,

Shames was kind of an ass. He just spent about 45 minutes telling me how Band Of Brothers (Book and Series) were full of errors. He was not happy with the description of himself in either. Very pissed about it.

BOB is the best thing I’ve ever seen on a TV. Love it. I’ve watched it through about 12 times. Maybe more.

A while back I absolutely went crazy studying and reading as much as possible about Easy Company. Read so many books written by the men of E Company.

Found some info with phone numbers and addresses of these men. I talked to many of them on the phone. It was so awesome. They loved telling their stories:
- Wild Bill Guarnere
- Babe Heffron
- Donald Malarkay
- Buck Compton
- Edward Shames
- Frank Perconte
- Edward “Tip” Tipper

These guys were hero’s. The conversations were just so cool. By far the best two calls were Babe and Wild Bill. Funny guys, loved talking, and still got emotional talking about their brothers who died over there. Have some letters from some of them as well.

Awesome show.
Very cool brother

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Also, just another note,

Shames was kind of an ass. He just spent about 45 minutes telling me how Band Of Brothers (Book and Series) were full of errors. He was not happy with the description of himself in either. Very pissed about it.
Shames? Don't remember that character or name. Need to watch it again

Just borrowed from my brother to rewatch this winter. Got it sitting here right beside me ready to go

Reactions: Cawood86
I would love to go to Normandy and Omaha Beach. I get the willies just thinking about it. I am a huge WW2 fan.
I wish everyone could see it.

My wife and I were in Paris a few years ago and I told her I wanted to take a train to Normandy. She wasn't interested, so I said I would go by myself. I was almost completely deaf at the time and she didn't want me going by myself and relented.

It turned out to be the highlight of our trip and she loved it. When they played the Star Spangled Banner while lowering the flag at the end of the day, she had tears streaming down her face.

The American Cemetery overlooks the English Channel that is both beautiful and serene.

I only hope to go back and spend even more time there. One day wasn't enough for me.

Yes sir watched it thru the week, every year it's a must. Hung a new flag also. Band of Brothers is the best piece Tom Hanks done.

Yes sir watched it thru the week, every year it's a must. Hung a new flag also. Band of Brothers is the best piece Tom Hanks done.
I beg to differ, sir. BOB is the best thing that has ever been on TV period. True Detective season 1 is a very distant 2nd. BOB holds a special place in my heart as my PawPaw was 101st Gliders Division. Thank God he made it home. He never talked about it but I've seen the memoirs, the Eagles Nest mementos, and the postcards. I was born in the wrong generation. I pine for days before I was even alive. Those WW2 vets deserve our utmost respect. If not, God knows where we'd be today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT