ADVERTISEMENT

Bamba to Texas

oh, well
wish the kid well

I still think we're gonna be damn good

I'm sorry, BKO, but I don't wish him well. I don't wish bad on him either. I don't want him to get injured, but other than that, I don't really care about him one way or the other. As I see it, if you're not for us, you're against us.

I don't think Bamba is an idiot; he chose UT for a reason. Respect that.
Maybe he was convinced that he'll be the centerpiece (so to speak) of something Shaka is trying to build. I know Texas doesn't have the talent that the blue bloods have - but what DOES he return?
I like Shaka btw - not to coach UK, but he seems to be a good guy who really cares for his players.
Maybe Bamba will or maybe he won't develop. But you'd have thought by now that people would have learned to not speak in absolutes. Nothing is impossible.

Personally, I'd love to see Texas take KU down - and if it takes Bamba to do it, then more power to them.

Oh well, UK is not for everyone!
big-fish-in-a-small-pond.jpg

I'm sorry, BKO, but I don't wish him well. I don't wish bad on him either. I don't want him to get injured, but other than that, I don't really care about him one way or the other. As I see it, if you're not for us, you're against us.
don't be sorry - you feel how you feel, I respect that
Don't agree with the them against us scenario in this case though; Texas is not a threat to UK in any way, really. They're going to need all the help they get in the Big 12.

I do hate it for us though, was really hoping we'd get him.

Reactions: _Rooster
Diallo's importance now is bc we don't have that rim protector and need someone in the backcourt that can stay with their man defensively. Diallo's defensive impact is what is required.

We didn't have a rim protector this year either and were pretty good. From my albeit little knowledge of Richards is that he is mainly and shot blocker and rebounder anyway.

Cal is not the same recruiter he was in 2008-2012. He's the goat, but there's too many places for OAD's to go now. They don't see UK as a need as they once did, especially in the top 5.

I've been saying it and saying it. We need to adjust to it.

We do have a 5* center coming in next year. Some bum named Richards. But yea our title chances are done now.

Look I'm surprised as everyone else. Thought he was in the bag. But some of you are hilarious. We will be fine next year.

Y'all seem to forget we have one John Vincent Calipari as our head coach.

It hurts but not that much. Bamba to Texas basically means we will not hear from him again until the NBA. UK is still in the same place. Not a top 5 team but a top 10. We are still in the running for a title if Diallo comes back which I still say is very likely.

We didn't have a rim protector this year either and were pretty good. From my albeit little knowledge of Richards is that he is mainly and shot blocker and rebounder anyway.

We were pretty good and not championship good. That's why this sucks, brings our ceiling down some. Not saying we still can't win it all, just gonna be a lot tougher without some defense

Cal is not the same recruiter he was in 2008-2012. He's the goat, but there's too many places for OAD's to go now. They don't see UK as a need as they once did, especially in the top 5.

I think he will, too -
Once K decided it was okay, everyone did - or so it seems.
Then again, maybe Bamba won't be a OAD, who knows?

Cal is not the same recruiter he was in 2006-2012. He's the goat, but there's too many places for OAD's to go now. They don't see UK as a need as they once did, especially in the top 5.

Not sure I agree. But, it is strange how much he struggled with or was never even considered by nearly all of the top 10 in this year's class.

Not sure what else he can do other than continuously bring in the top class year after year. What else do you want?

But I agree if you are talented, you can go to any school and still show out and be drafted high. UK is till the top place to be for high school seniors. Some just don't want that target and spotlight, which is fine.

Reactions: Bkocats

Cal has struggled to sign a top 5 caliber kid in recent years.

Still, 5 McDonald All Americans ain't too shabby.

People saying that this could be a bridge year with the following season being a monster year, but who's to say we won't have another mass exodus? We have everyone leave despite draft status these days so who knows.

I'm sorry but this is nuts. We will have 7 or 8 McD's AA on the roster. This class is still probably the best ever. And nobody else is having this type of success. Duke to some extent but other than that nobody. UK is still the best route to the NBA.

We were pretty good and not championship good. That's why this sucks, brings our ceiling down some. Not saying we still can't win it all, just gonna be a lot tougher without some defense

Are you freaking serious? We were a shot away from the final four even with the horrible officiating and would have been the favorite to win it and you say we were not Championship good?

Were you saying that after he got Knox? lol

Reactions: JCBLUECATNC

Seriously?
2013 Six five star signees
2014 Three five stars with a CRAP LOAD of talent returning
2015 Three five stars
2016 Six five stars (including Hami)
2017 Five five stars

Who else has close to that record recruiting since 2013? Not to mention the number of first round draft picks since then is 10 in the 4 NBA draft classes and about to be 3 possibly 4 more counting Diallo, so that ups it to 13-14 in five years.

Not to mention he has signed 11 of the Top 10 recruits in the last four classes not including this one. The man has signed 27.5% of ALL TOP TEN RECRUITS during the period you claim he has started slacking in LOL.

This recruiting class hasn't been Cal's norm as far as Top 10 players, but the guy has still signed 5 Five star players in this class. Top 10 or not that is an amazing feat.

What exactly needs to be adjusted HAHA! Why in the hell would you adjust when you are still undoubtedly the best that there is and there is no sign of that slowing down.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCBLUECATNC

lololol...or on the other hand, this is the greatest class ever!

And how would you suggest that Cal change in his strategy? Offer coaching positions to parents? Pay under the table? Lie to kids about starting and playing time? There's nothing Cal can do in this ever changing landscape of college basketball. Nba has ruined the college game. Until the one and done rule is changed it cannot be fixed. You're right, Cal is the GOAT and no one works harder or smarter than him in the college game. Im sure he is more frustrated than all of us.

This class is still probably the best ever.

Not by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe if you only look at recruit ranking numbers, but this is not a great class (top 100) overall. We have had at least 2 better classes.. wall/boogie and AD's. The top tier players outweigh a bigger class of 5 stars

Not gonna respond to all of that.

For Cal to be successful with his approach he needs two top 5 players in these classes. We have enough trouble pulling 1.

If we had some stud returnees sophomore year it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

But whatever. We'll continue to compete I just don't believe we'll have enough power to bring it home having so much youth without the cream of the crop from these classes.

Or someone needs to be a lot better than their ranking. We never seem to get those.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT