ADVERTISEMENT

Bama, UGA, FSU and others have offered 6-8, 400-pound Australian

Was an article in Sports Illustrated on this kid, he is the biggest human being I have ever seen not named Andre the Giant.

Jesus Christ.. Did you see the video within that article. Where he slams a guy on the ground.

I'm 6'4" 350 and this guy could probably throw me on the ground.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Jesus Christ.. Did you see the video within that article. Where he slams a guy on the ground.

I'm 6'4" 350 and this guy could probably throw me on the ground.

He prob outweighed that high school kid by over 150 lbs. I doubt he'll do that to SEC DL

Named all American and has never played in a game? Shame on you under armour.

I agree and we are recruiting him pretty hard right now. But I will say this about him, to be a 400 pounder he is pretty nimble, a tape going around of him dunking a easily dunking a basketball. He for sure is a redshirt no matter where he goes, but he would look slim at 360 if he is 400 in those tapes, well slim is a stretch but for an OL he would have very little bad weight at 360 and his length is off the charts. We have certainly taken some reaches on the OL, I don't think he would be a bad risk if you don't need him to play for a year or two.

I'd think a lot of 6-8 18 yr olds could dunk a ball.

Probably so, but he has a vertical of 30 inches, not very good for a basketball buy, but pretty good to get 400 lbs that high off the floor. He wasn't nimble for a WR or DB but the guy was pretty agile and smooth to be 6'9" and 400 lbs. He isn't very good right now, but a year in HS, a RS year and a frosh year, by he soph year he could be. He's a risk but so is every kid that signs, not a one of them comes with a guarantee of being a successful college player.

Elam was like 6'7" 430 coming in. lol

That is pretty close to true, but it doesn';t look the same on this guy, check the link and look at the clip, he doesn't have that big stomach like ME had coming out of high school. No one is arguing he is a good player right now, he isn't, but he has yet to play in a football game, ever, and just started the game last fall. Even if he can't play a lick, he would be damn impressive getting off the bus.

I'd RS him, get his weight down to about 300 lbs, and find out if he can catch a lick.

I'm not sure I want a project protecting my QB, but I'll roll the dice with a 6'8 TE on short yardage, redzone, and goal line situations...

Also, if I'm Avery Johnson I tell coach Saban to send that kid my way if things don't pan out on the grid iron...even if things do work out, i'd still see if I cant have him walk on and maybe be a practice body...

The kids that play at IMG are unimpressed. He's a major project based on his teammates' assessment.

Of course he isn't ready to play against top guys like IMG, he's a complete newby. We are talking 3-4 years down the road. He may never be a good player, but every school signs guys every year who don't play a single meaningful snap in 4-5 years. If the light comes on for him, he is an AA RT, if it doesn't he is an OL on FG and extra points. But if you need a true frosh OT to step in and play, no he isn't your guy.

Reactions: mrschwump
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT