ADVERTISEMENT

Bama DB transfers to UK

Give me all the Georgia and Bama transfers
Generally, yes. Maybe not for that one UGa transfer CB that went to Florida. He had a terrible game against UK. Van highlighted several of his mistakes. But generally speaking ... absolutely.

Sounds like a pretty good get because the secondary was mostly horrendous this season.

Our Safety play this year was trash.
corners were the bigger issue imo. best pass plays against kentucky were along the sidelines not in the middle of the field. UK also plays a way, as has been pointed out here a lot, that prevents the big play at the expense of plays underneath further protecting their two- or three-deep looks.

overall, the run defense was one of the best in the conference the entire season. the pass rush was too sporadic but good at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang
Would the extra COVID year not apply?
OK, I see that KSR says two. I posted the below before seeing it. Still think there are wrong.

NO! He didn't play in 20. The covid year allows you to not count 20. If you didn't play in 20, there is nothing to not count. He should however be able to redshirt a year still, so two to play one.

Last edited:
lol, he ain’t transferring to UK to be a “depth piece “ . He was a “depth piece “ at Alabama.
He started two games and was the heir to a starting spot next season, so not sure what caused him to jump. Hard not to think we gave him more NIL.

Reactions: yoshukai
I only count one year of eligibility remaining. Played 12 games in 2021, 13 in 2022, and all 14 this year. That three years of eligibility used.
Covid year exception gives an extra year, though I have seen it reported both one and two years of remaining eligibility.

Reactions: Girthang
He was a great QB in high school and his team had a lot of success. And to succeed in playing at the level he has at one of the top two college football programs on the defensive side, he seems to be a special athlete that knows how to win.

We lost Geiger who was a a starter.

He didn't start last year and wasn't going to start this coming year.

He was a very very good player but with the safeties we have even he had to leave to find the field. We also have ty Bryant who looks great. So now we have 4 very talented guys at one position.

Surely we're going to move someone to cb or nb or something. If we're playing zone anyway, I much prefer getting our best players on the field. No more snaps for subpar CBS

Not sure about starting, but you're probably right about position
It’s all speculative, but he was a Top 200 recruit, nationally, who played significant minutes at a team full of 4 and 5 Star players, now transferring to a program that has successively started transfer DB’s and put them in the League.

A win-win kind of transfer.

Getting transfers from Georgia and Alabama is phenomenal! We should be real good next season.

Now, the big question, is this the year we finally take down Mighty Georgia in Lexington since we now have their backup QB?

Reactions: hmt5000
I was reading from a Bama site that he was their primary back-up this year and even got a few starts and was expected to start next year, so they seem a bit surprised at his leaving.
His 1st career start was actually against us this year.

Reactions: satcheluk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT