ADVERTISEMENT

Bama DB transfers to UK

satcheluk

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2009
Anyone ever heard of Kristian Story? HS Class of 2020.

From AL.com:
Kristian Story– Defensive back

Story was a major contributor at DB for Alabama, as well as a key member of the special teams unit. He finished the year with 15 tackles and an interception.

Last edited:
Well, we must have found a little more NIL money somewhere because this one certainly moves the needle. Big get at a position of tremendous need! Once again, I'll happily take on any 2's from Alabama or Georgia's depth charts without reservation.

Well, we must have found a little more NIL money somewhere because this one certainly moves the needle. Big get at a position of tremendous need! Once again, I'll happily take on any 2's from Alabama or Georgia's depth charts without reservation.
Possible he left because he was POed at others getting more vs. us upping his ante much.

So Kristan Story was a backup safety for Bama.....is this to assume he sticks at safety (and hopefully takes one of those spots for UK).

Or will UK use him as CB....which is the huge need for the current roster.

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Safeties were decent this year, but had some injury luck too. Need depth bad considering they cover their two positions and the NB position. Ty Bryant was backup for both positions iirc and Zion Childress was NB when 5 DBs on the field. Spread thin and can’t risk it again next year.

Reactions: satcheluk
Our Safety play this year was trash. Childress and Lovett had all this preseason hype and simply didn’t live up to it. The weakness of a relatively bad defense. Story can definitely start for the ‘24 team. He would have started this year. Probably would have started last year.

depth piece for Bama maybe. He didn't transfer here with 2 years of eligibility to provide depth.
He was their primary back up, even getting a start or two when Jaylen Key was injured, and was expected to start next season. They were surprised at this transfer.

Last edited:
Reactions: catben and Fox2monk
Bama’s DBs did not impress me against Michigan. And this guy didn’t even start? Let’s hope he has great skill as we can certainly use a good CB/Safety.

Bama’s DBs did not impress me against Michigan. And this guy didn’t even start? Let’s hope he has great skill as we can certainly use a good CB/Safety.
Can you name any CB’s that did impress you vs Michigan this year? Geez buddy. Put your thinking cap on. And he started 2 games this year. One was against UK. Read up a little before you post.

Reactions: Girthang and Davae9
depth piece for Bama maybe. He didn't transfer here with 2 years of eligibility to provide depth.
I only count one year of eligibility remaining. Played 12 games in 2021, 13 in 2022, and all 14 this year. That three years of eligibility used.

I only count one year of eligibility remaining. Played 12 games in 2021, 13 in 2022, and all 14 this year. That three years of eligibility used.
He could at least use a redshirt year if he gets hurt early enough in 24. Obviously hope that doesn't happen, but at least it's an option in a worst case injury scenario.

With the news of Saban's retirement, Marrow needs to get down there and scoop up any Alabama transfer we can get.

I guess it depends on who is hired, NCAA opens a 30 day window for coaches to leave. BUT will the SEC waive their rule about being in the portal the first time it opens. I know UGA will attempt to sign a couple if they hit the portal. But the SEC rule may send all that want to transfer out of conferece.

I guess it depends on who is hired, NCAA opens a 30 day window for coaches to leave. BUT will the SEC waive their rule about being in the portal the first time it opens. I know UGA will attempt to sign a couple if they hit the portal. But the SEC rule may send all that want to transfer out of conferece.
The NCAA/SEC always does what’s in the best interest of the scholarship athlete.

The NCAA/SEC always does what’s in the best interest of the scholarship athlete.

Well they have different rules for transferring and the SEC has been protecting Baa for 25 years. Will it waive the rule about only being able to play immediately with in conference of having to be in Portal by Jan 5. To protect Bama's roster as much as they can it may not waive the rule.

I think it's safe to say at least 20 are there to play for Saban.

Well they have different rules for transferring and the SEC has been protecting Baa for 25 years. Will it waive the rule about only being able to play immediately with in conference of having to be in Portal by Jan 5. To protect Bama's roster as much as they can it may not waive the rule.

I think it's safe to say at least 20 are there to play for Saban.
It will be interesting to see how things play out for sure. As a GA fan, tell the truth, how much are you loving this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT