ADVERTISEMENT

B/W game Chandler dunk over Garrison

Apparantly this Chandler kid has some Mad hops. Could he be one of those kids nobody is talking about but blows up and becomes a star?
He was pretty hyped out of high school. I remember seeing a lot of talk about him being under rated in that class even just outside the five star range that he ended up. He’s gonna be really good.

He went around garrison and dunked it.
He wasn't being challenged at the rim.
But he does have big ups and a quick first step. He and oweh the two most athletic looking in person.
Thanks for the insight, I thought so as well. I was loving how Ortega looked so comfortable and never forced anything. He looked like he could play with anyone on the court and be happy. Love guys like him that defend and don’t care about stat stuffing.

Reactions: BBNinSC
Was there and can confirm. It was the highlight of the night. Sadly was not filming at this time lol.

Chandler has Sheppard esque breakout potential imo. I don’t see him being a top 5 pick this year, but he’s by far the surprise of the team imo.
He definitely has NBA potential for sure. One of the highest ceilings on the team. Being out 2 years is the only reason he’s not talked about more nationally.

Is this myth or is there video evidence available?

I cant find it on youtube.

TIA BBN
I have a video of it, but I got a signed letter from Mitch Barnhart and the University of Kentucky's chief legal counsel saying I would be sued for seven-figure violation of copyright laws if I posted it, and banned from ever setting foot on the campus of the University's Lexington campus.

Sorry.

Ummmm I saw a still shot of it on uk athletics.
Chandler dunked in Garrisons face.
For sure
Thats nasty
Well in the video you can see him go around someone and Garrison shows up late. There is no chest to chest or between his hands.
I can see a still shot looking that way, but live it was clear.
A nice move nonetheless.

Thanks for the insight, I thought so as well. I was loving how Ortega looked so comfortable and never forced anything. He looked like he could play with anyone on the court and be happy. Love guys like him that defend and don’t care about stat stuffing.
I’m high on a Butler/Oweh backcourt. I can see this duo terrorizing SEC guards defensively.

Chandler has Sheppard esque breakout potential imo. I don’t see him being a top 5 pick this year, but he’s by far the surprise of the team imo.
It really shouldn’t be that surprising to those who are informed. Chandler is the highest rated prospect on this entire roster in terms of where he was ranked coming out of high school.

Admittedly the two years away may’ve caused some folks to forget about him, but it was well known before he went that he had big time potential.

Reactions: ukfan1622
It really shouldn’t be that surprising to those who are informed. Chandler is the highest rated prospect on this entire roster in terms of where he was ranked coming out of high school.

Admittedly the two years away may’ve caused some folks to forget about him, but it was well known before he went that he had big time potential.
Hey man. We can’t all be as intelligent as you, anonymous king! I’m sure you also saw Reed Sheppard coming as well. Probably called him being picked 3rd overall. He had big time potential coming out, too. Actually was higher rated than Collin, but idk anyone that saw that coming, nor Collin possibly getting major play over many of these more experienced players we brought in, despite taking 2 years off from the sport! But you did by god. YOU sir are informed. Lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Ummmm I saw a still shot of it on uk athletics.
Chandler dunked in Garrisons face.
For sure
Thats nasty
No he didn't. Garrison didn't not jump or even contest the dunk. It was a nice dunk, but he did NOT dunk OVER Garrison. It simply did not happen.

Chandler drives in to dunk. Garrison runs in to contest the attempt. Chandler leaves his feet to dunk. Garrison leaves his own feet a split second later and swings his right arm up in an attempt to block the dunk that winds up failing. For me that would be less, “Chandler went around Garrison” and more “Chandler taunted Garrison with his tongue out and then slow-motion dunked in Garrison’s face.”

But people see things differently. No worries ✌🏼

Me being high on Chandler RN has nothing to do with his ratings. For those in the know, Chandler was ranked higher than anyone else on the team coming out of high school and he was also described by some analysts who should know as being markedly behind the other highest-skilled members, in his development and current performance, since they all arrived on campus, in practice here, presumably due to his two years off organized ball.

I’m high on Chandler RN because what I saw from the B/W game made me call shenanigans on a lot of that. Dude is a hoss. Dude is a baller. Right now, and the only reasonable decision we have to make is whether we want to start him at two or start him at three. If in fact he really still does have untapped potential that he will deliver later that he can’t deliver now in result of being rusty after two years off organized ball, then……….well…………

Damn.

what are you talking about? its on video...
He did not contest the dunk. He was there and didn't try to block it. It is a scrimmage game, if you think Garrison was going to up and try to block the dunk and maybe cause an injury, well your thoughts are worse than your eyesight. Nice dunk, but he did NOT dunk over Garrison, it simply did not happen.

He did not contest the dunk. He was there and didn't try to block it. It is a scrimmage game, if you think Garrison was going to up and try to block the dunk and maybe cause an injury, well your thoughts are worse than your eyesight. Nice dunk, but he did NOT dunk over Garrison, it simply did not happen.
you are blind or being dense.... ITS ON VIDEO lmao

Reactions: Kybluedude and UK90
you didnt watch the video did you? that was 100% challenged at the rim
I think he is considering challenged as posterizing someone. Williams did jump but was to the side.
I would consider it challenging but not posterized. lol.

I’m high on a Butler/Oweh backcourt. I can see this duo terrorizing SEC guards defensively.

I don't disagree with those two being creating major issues for opposing backcourts, but I actually like the thought of Butler/Brea and Kriisa/Oweh paired together b/c that gives one strong perimeter shooter and one especially strong perimeter defender.

That isn't to say Butler/Oweh cannot shoot or Kriisa/Brea cannot play defense, but just emphasizing their "strengths" being complimentary w/Butler & Brea and Kriisa/Oweh pairings.

An argument could also be made to have Butler/Oweh come in and wear down the opposing backcourt a bit, and then bring in Kriisa/Brea to light up the scoreboard when the opposing backcourt is fatigued and not playing defense quite as well.

What exactly is he jumping and extending his hand for?

I don't disagree with those two being creating major issues for opposing backcourts, but I actually like the thought of Butler/Brea and Kriisa/Oweh paired together b/c that gives one strong perimeter shooter and one especially strong perimeter defender.

That isn't to say Butler/Oweh cannot shoot or Kriisa/Brea cannot play defense, but just emphasizing their "strengths" being complimentary w/Butler & Brea and Kriisa/Oweh pairings.

An argument could also be made to have Butler/Oweh come in and wear down the opposing backcourt a bit, and then bring in Kriisa/Brea to light up the scoreboard when the opposing backcourt is fatigued and not playing defense quite as well.
There are so many options with this line-up. Pope could go with Butler/Oweh, 2 shooters and a big man. Carr can knock down 3 pointers as well.

There are so many options with this line-up. Pope could go with Butler/Oweh, 2 shooters and a big man. Carr can knock down 3 pointers as well.

Agreed... that's the beauty of having multiple perimeter threats on the roster at almost every position.

What exactly is he jumping and extending his hand for?

OK, look at the rest of it. He never swiped at the ball. His right arm / hand never goes to block the ball. In a regular season game against an opponent, he moves his hand over and makes a play on the ball. Like I said, he let the dunk go without trying to block it for fear of maybe colliding with Chandler mid air and maybe Chandler falling to the ground, thus risking injury. If you can't see he never made a play on the ball, I do not know what to tell you. Watch the play in slow motion, he goes up, then decides to not try and block it. He knows he is on the side of Chandler and would have contact with the body. Look, it is not a big deal, I stated it was a nice dunk, but he didn't dunk OVER Garrison.

OK, look at the rest of it. He never swiped at the ball. His right arm / hand never goes to block the ball. In a regular season game against an opponent, he moves his hand over and makes a play on the ball. Like I said, he let the dunk go without trying to block it for fear of maybe colliding with Chandler mid air and maybe Chandler falling to the ground, thus risking injury. If you can't see he never made a play on the ball, I do not know what to tell you. Watch the play in slow motion, he goes up, then decides to not try and block it. He knows he is on the side of Chandler and would have contact with the body. Look, it is not a big deal, I stated it was a nice dunk, but he didn't dunk OVER Garrison.
You keep moving that goal post don’t you? First, you said he never jumped. It just didn’t happen. You said he didn’t contest it, which again, is plainly seen in the numerous videos linked.

His arm and hand can clearly be seen going towards the ball. Why would he move towards the basket, jump with his arms extended towards the rim, and try to avoid the ball? You aren’t making much sense. As a competitor, I can assure you he wanted to block that shot.

We are all wrong at times and it is never fun to admit to ourselves and others that we made an error. It’s okay. Maybe you even have a good reason for not seeing what actually happened. When is the last time you had an eye exam? Are you on any medication that would cause you to be disoriented or confused?

His hand never goes to block the ball?
He never swiped at the ball?
His right arm/hand never goes to block it?
He let the dunk go without trying to block it?
He never made a play on the ball?
He decides to not try and block it?

Are you trolling?

I notice you do not show the end of the dunk. Still photos can paint several pictures. But anyway, not wasting any more time on this, not worth it. Nice dunk, not a poster dunk. Move along, nothing to see here, literally. Still photos, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Bro, this is borderline insanity at this point. You’re taking “die on a hill” to an all new level lol

Reactions: Anthony B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT