ADVERTISEMENT

AZ Transfer Ballo to Indiana

We just called him like a week ago and he said “I have Jayson Tatum” no interest in returning to coaching
That was never said unless you believe Jack Pilgrim. That was 100% made up. Don't expect to see Stevens back in CBB any time soon either. If so, will be very surprised, but he'd still have "Jayson Tatum" and remember Pilgrim d-rides for the Celtics hard and has the emotional stability of a pre teen who just met Taylor Swift.

That was never said unless you believe Jack Pilgrim. That was 100% made up. Don't expect to see Stevens back in CBB any time soon either. If so, will be very surprised, but he'd still have "Jayson Tatum" and remember Pilgrim d-rides for the Celtics hard and has the emotional stability of a pre teen who just met Taylor Swift.
Exactly. I looked all over for video evidence where Brad said that and I sure couldn’t find it. Again, not saying he’s coming back to college but just passing along what i heard with my own two ears.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Has Brad Stevens even coached recently? Isn't he a GM or something?
Yep he is a GM!

Seth Davis said “don’t be surprised if Brad Stevens makes his way back to college within the next year and there will likely be a job opening in his home state of Indiana. Something to watch out for”. The other guys started smiling. I’d say they’ve talked to him about it.

Well thats freaking great. We needed that guy. We couldve offered more. We are going to freaking suck. We sooo screwed

Yep he is a GM!

Seth Davis said “don’t be surprised if Brad Stevens makes his way back to college within the next year and there will likely be a job opening in his home state of Indiana. Something to watch out for”. The other guys started smiling. I’d say they’ve talked to him about it.
Who knows. Brad's son will be playing for Schrewsberry at ND this season. I'm sure Brad would like to coach him in AH like Pat Knight. The kids grow up and things change. What I was told when he finally passed on the offer before we hired Woody was that he didn't say no. He said not now. We'll see.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
Well thats freaking great. We needed that guy. We couldve offered more. We are going to freaking suck. We sooo screwed
Dude take a chill pill we aren’t going to suck Pope doesn’t know what the word suck even means or how to even spell it. We will be fine some of you need to go out back a smoke a big fatty…..

Has Brad Stevens even coached recently? Isn't he a GM or something?
Not only GM, but President of all basketball operations for the best team in the NBA.

Can’t imagine anyone giving up that gig to become a college coach. Especially when there are all these new transfer portal/NIL headaches that didn’t exist the last time you coached in college. He ain’t going anywhere.

That's most of their NIL budget
I believe IU initially had 6 million at their disposal. Don't know how much Rice cost and IU is still the favorite to get Kanaan Carlyle so they must have a few bucks left.

If they don't land a shooter they will be very similar to last year's IU team. If they find a knockdown shooter, IU could be very good.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Is Big 10 becoming the old Big East ? They are getting big guys: AB @ Ohio state, Queen @ maryland …now Indiana

Reactions: Fox2monk
Indiana is a joke, and Woodson is a joke of a coach, but they have DEEP pockets in Bloomington.
You will soon learn if your not in touch with young good brothers there not coming here anymore not so get all the 2- star KY boys you want and we will not win like that

IU is having a huge offseason. Probably saves their program
I’m an IU fan and IU fans with working brains understand that while Rice, Ballo and Tucker are all great pick ups, the reason the Hoosiers didn’t make the NCAA tournament last season was because they didn’t have any shooters and the guards were brutally awful.

The guard situation should be better and Mgbako really improved shooting the ball later in the year but if another knockdown shooter isn’t added, I could definitely see IU missing the tourney again in 2024.

Woody’s offense is brutally bad and with no shooters, it’s sickening to watch.

I’m an IU fan and IU fans with working brains understand that while Rice, Ballo and Tucker are all great pick ups, the reason the Hoosiers didn’t make the NCAA tournament last season was because they didn’t have any shooters and the guards were brutally awful.

The guard situation should be better and Mgbako really improved shooting the ball later in the year but if another knockdown shooter isn’t added, I could definitely see IU missing the tourney again in 2024.

Woody’s offense is brutally bad and with no shooters, it’s sickening to watch.
That is true, they don’t shoot FT’s either. If he addresses that then they will be really solid, if not it will be a lot of talent and 10 losses again.

Reactions: plaxico80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT